Almond Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Since I have an almond theme going, I thought I'd revisit this one. This time I tried it in the gaiwan with steeps starting at 30 seconds, going up to 1:30. Also shared with the BF. Both kids...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 933 tasting notes
  • “Leif & I also shared a pot of this Almond Oolong, which we sweetened with stevia. It's rather like an almond cookie, although the flavor is a little too 'almond extract', but still tasty. It also...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2485 tasting notes
  • “*Sandy* thank you SO much for not only a generous sample but the cutest tin hand painted!!! Your such the artist - I can't draw a stick figure so am always so happy to get something hand crafted...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “I am still dealing with my nasal infection, and it feels like my tongue has been wrapped in cotton... it feels buffered, and my taste buds are having a hard time (for the most part) discerning...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4227 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Combining savory almond slices with the bright, fruity taste of Formosa oolong tea, our Almond tea is a great stand-alone drink as well as the perfect dessert complement. In fact, it is so versatile that, if you don’t like our Almond tea, you’re probably the one that’s nuts.

About Adagio Teas View company

Fake almond flavor totally overwhelms the tea and my palate.

A basic dark oolong blended with almond. Good blend! The almond pairs nicely with the earthy oolong. Not my favorite…but definitely worth the money and worth trying! Love Adagio teas…very fresh and super fast shipping.

I like this tea, but it’s not amazing. I received it as part of a sample with my online order. It’s pretty tasty, but it smells kind of strongly, and it’s a little too nutty for my taste. Lots of almond, not much oolong. It reminds me a lot of Teavana’s almond biscotti, actually.

I bought a whole pound of this from Adagio because it is cheap and delicious. I wanted a versatile oolong that I could afford to drink daily, and this definitely works. Smells ridiculously sweet in the bag, but mellows out once steeped, and really has a nutty taste to it. Is it spectacular? Not really, but considering the price and the fact that it genuinely tastes good, I recommend it.

I got this as a free sample when I placed a big order with Adagio, and I liked it pretty well. It smells like almonds and tastes like almonds, but there was a slight undercurrent of something that I can only describe as Play-doh. I haven’t noticed this with other oolongs or other almond-flavored teas, so maybe it was the combination of the two or maybe it was just the sample I got. Either way, I still drank all of it. I don’t think it will go into regular rotation, though.

A friend gave me this as a gift, and I didn’t think it was so bad. It had more of an almond smell than a taste, but I was fairly okay with that. I wouldn’t rave, but I wouldn’t complain either.

Not bad. The almond flavor in this is more of a sweet amaretto than a savory almond taste. It stood up well to a second steeping and still had a fair amount of almond flavor. I didn’t get a chance to do a third steeping. Prepared with stevia.

So it at least smells nice…One positive. Am nervous to take a big slurp. Uh oh! Does not quite taste the way it smells. I was expecting more the marzipan, amaretto :(
The Oolong is inviting as the tea cools down a bit but Adagio – You guys can do better!

Very flavorful! I barely put any sugar in it… Love this one!