Almond Oolong

Oolong Tea
Almond, Nutty, Sweet, Marzipan, Nuts, Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Combining savory almond slices with the bright, fruity taste of Formosa oolong tea, our Almond tea is a great stand-alone drink as well as the perfect dessert complement. In fact, it is so versatile that, if you don’t like our Almond tea, you’re probably the one that’s nuts.

About Adagio Teas View company

Adagio Teas has become one of the most popular destinations for tea online. Its products are available online at and in many gourmet and health food stores.

I received a sample of this with my order. I’ve been trying to branch out and I’ve been wanting to get into oolongs for a while. This tea smells extremely sweet in the bag, and the sweetness smell only mellows out a little when brewed. This concerned me slightly since I’m not a huge fan of very sweet teas, but the sweetness is not unbearable. It’s sweeter than I’m used to, but I like the nuttiness so I’ll just have to get used to the sweetness. I’m not sure that I would drink this all the time, but it’s nice to have around for when I want something different. I drank one cup plain (steeped as the notes say) and left the rest brewing. I drank the second cup with a tiny bit of milk. The longer steep time seems to bring out the oolong base more, and the milk makes the almond flavor pop.

Flavors: Almond, Marzipan, Nuts, Nutty, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 22 OZ / 650 ML

Not a fan TTB. I’m not sensing quite as much almond as I thought I would in this one. There is a bit of nutty flavor but just not enough. The base is very woodsy, slight bit of earthy. A good compliment for nutty teas generally. I think if they added real almonds instead of just flavoring it would make it better for me.

3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I am not opposed to almond, but it’s not one of my primary flavor preferences. I got this as a sample from the lovely people at Adagio because I like their Vanilla Oolong.

The almond flavor is nice, but it’s a little bright – as pointed out, it feels a little almond-extracty. Adagio’s oolong is always nice, but it’s just not as strong with such a sharp almond flavor. I’ll finish the sample packet, but I doubt I’ll buy any more when there are other flavors that I enjoy more.

Flavors: Almond, Nutty, Sweet, Tea

Not my cup of tea TTB

NOpe, not my cup of tea either. It’s alright, but the almond flavor is barely there and the oolong doesn’t blend well with what is there.

This was the worst oolong that I got from Adagio teas and I hope it stays at that position because I wouldn’t want anything worse. The natural almond flavor that is added (however it is added as well) ruins the oolong taste in this tea. Maybe I had a bad batch or something but it was quite repulsive- enough so that I threw it out.

What I really enjoy about Adagio is that the the aroma of the unbrewed tea really does signal what’s to follow. Open a bag of this tea and what do you get? Marzipan. It makes for a very comforting cup of tea. Bold marzipan flavor and very smooth.

Flavors: Almond, Almond, Marzipan, Marzipan, Nutty, Nutty, Sweet, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

The smell is marzipan-almond but the flavour is subtle. I like this one. And even though it was improperly stored in my cupboard for a really long time, it still tastes good.

I got a generous sample of this tea when I ordered the Chestnut black tea from Adagio. I think that I like this one even more, although I think that I think that I steeped the Chestnut incorrectly.

Flavors: Marzipan

Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Pass the Stash

I don’t know what it is but garlic bread is glorious. It just tastes so delicious and makes my taste buds happy. As slightly repulsing as it sounds, if a garlic bread tea existed, I would jump right on that. Mmm…garlic..

ANYWAYS, this tea is so smooth. Oolong mixes so much better with an almond flavor than black or green so I really appreciate this base. As far as the almond goes, it is most definitely almond. No if, ands, or buts about it! Almond and oolong just seem to perfectly compliment each other.

Flavors: Almond

Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 1 g 2 OZ / 59 ML

Not sure it would be good in tea form but garlic is definitely glorious!

You are probably right..but I’d definitely be up for trying it:P

I’ve never met anyone who hates garlic, have you? It seems pretty universally loved.

Never ever! One of my friends doesn’t like too strong of a garlic flavor.. I think that’s the closest that I have ever found. :P

I love almond oolong by Adagio. I just got a pouch last month. :) So good.

It is so good:] Ah, Adagio makes some really delicious teas.

I enjoyed the almond flavor of this tea. I really could taste the sweet nutty addition.
I am not sure I’m familiar enough with Oolong yet to really understand what it was meant to taste like in general. The Almond part was really what shined to me. I drank this tea with just a little sugar and it was delicious. I’d definitely drink it again. I would even go for a stronger Almond flavor than this. Now I’m really wondering what other Almond teas exist. :)

Flavors: Almond, Nuts, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
carol who

I’m glad you like it!

Ironically, it’s not the one you sent ^ It’s one my friend Becky sent me. I just got your package out of the mail! Ee ^ I’m so excited about this one!! ^
There’s a ton of stuff I can’t wait to try. Hardest question: WHAT TO TRY FIRST :D Thank you again for sending teas ^
You have lovely handwriting btw!