Almond Oolong

Oolong Tea
Almond, Nutty, Sweet, Tea, Marzipan, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Combining savory almond slices with the bright, fruity taste of Formosa oolong tea, our Almond tea is a great stand-alone drink as well as the perfect dessert complement. In fact, it is so versatile that, if you don’t like our Almond tea, you’re probably the one that’s nuts.

About Adagio Teas View company

What I really enjoy about Adagio is that the the aroma of the unbrewed tea really does signal what’s to follow. Open a bag of this tea and what do you get? Marzipan. It makes for a very comforting cup of tea. Bold marzipan flavor and very smooth.

Flavors: Almond, Almond, Marzipan, Marzipan, Nutty, Nutty, Sweet, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

The smell is marzipan-almond but the flavour is subtle. I like this one. And even though it was improperly stored in my cupboard for a really long time, it still tastes good.

I got a generous sample of this tea when I ordered the Chestnut black tea from Adagio. I think that I like this one even more, although I think that I think that I steeped the Chestnut incorrectly.

Flavors: Marzipan

Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Pass the Stash

I don’t know what it is but garlic bread is glorious. It just tastes so delicious and makes my taste buds happy. As slightly repulsing as it sounds, if a garlic bread tea existed, I would jump right on that. Mmm…garlic..

ANYWAYS, this tea is so smooth. Oolong mixes so much better with an almond flavor than black or green so I really appreciate this base. As far as the almond goes, it is most definitely almond. No if, ands, or buts about it! Almond and oolong just seem to perfectly compliment each other.

Flavors: Almond

Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 1 g 2 OZ / 59 ML
Ost

Not sure it would be good in tea form but garlic is definitely glorious!

albertocanfly

You are probably right..but I’d definitely be up for trying it:P

Stephanie

I’ve never met anyone who hates garlic, have you? It seems pretty universally loved.

albertocanfly

Never ever! One of my friends doesn’t like too strong of a garlic flavor.. I think that’s the closest that I have ever found. :P

Arshness

I love almond oolong by Adagio. I just got a pouch last month. :) So good.

albertocanfly

It is so good:] Ah, Adagio makes some really delicious teas.

I enjoyed the almond flavor of this tea. I really could taste the sweet nutty addition.
I am not sure I’m familiar enough with Oolong yet to really understand what it was meant to taste like in general. The Almond part was really what shined to me. I drank this tea with just a little sugar and it was delicious. I’d definitely drink it again. I would even go for a stronger Almond flavor than this. Now I’m really wondering what other Almond teas exist. :)

Flavors: Almond, Nuts, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
carol who

I’m glad you like it!

Arshness

Ironically, it’s not the one you sent ^ It’s one my friend Becky sent me. I just got your package out of the mail! Ee ^ I’m so excited about this one!! ^
There’s a ton of stuff I can’t wait to try. Hardest question: WHAT TO TRY FIRST :D Thank you again for sending teas ^
You have lovely handwriting btw!

Received this tea as part of my adagio oolong sampler set. It’s actually the first oolong tea that I have ever tried. I expected the tea to be darker steeped, but the color turned out to have a honey-colored liquor. Regarding the taste all I can say is that it tastes like liquid marzipan. All I can taste is the sweet almond. With my first brew, I made the mistake of adding cream, it was WAY to sweet, almost undrinkable. Almost ;)
I would not recommend cream or sweetener it is already so flavorful and sweet.

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

TTBCr2
Meh. I realize now that I’ve pulled the page to review this tea that it should have had bits of almond pieces in it, but there were none in the sample that I took from the box. Bummer. It had a slight almond flavor, but in general was just earthy. I didn’t think it was bad, but I was disappointed that it had no real almondy goodness to it. Now I understand why it didn’t have that yum I was looking for. It was creamy, though, which was nice.

Tea & Cards TTB

This is a fairly tasty oolong base, but the almond flavour comes across as rather artificial…it’s not one I’m enjoying drinking, but since I’ve a seriously stuffy nose I’m not going to even try rating it.

I really just want to clear out my sinuses so that I can taste again…this is miserable.

Another cup of some nice almond oolong! Calm, peaceful. It goes well with the rest of my day.
Tomorrow I go over and help my blind friend with moving. Their house was foreclosed on, she went blind (she has had some improvement since then) was taken off of disability, forced to go back to work as a teacher (even though she can’t read without machines and can’t see to the other side of the classroom) and her husband had a nervous breakdown and quit his job as a minister and now works a minimum wage job all in the last two years. And of course, she can’t drive.

My life is so easy. I am continually thankful!

TeaBrat

ugh, that sounds awful!

madametj

Second person on my dashboard to recommend this, I think I’ll have to try it! :)

Nutty, but in an almost sweet way. Not my favorite nut-flavored tea, but still a nice cup.