Grapefruit Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I dialed down the steeping time and this tea doesn't taste as woody - I'm found out what the taste reminds me off. You know the temperate rainforest on the cost of BC (and Washington, Oregon)? ...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1610 tasting notes
  • “So I didn't go to bed until nearly 5am because of a Formula 1 race, and then I had a weird dream where you could go to McDonalds and have Adagio tea. Because if you could sit down and have tea, a...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes
  • “For my Oolong today, I thought I'd try this tea from Adagio. I love grapefruit... I love Formosa Oolong, so I am thinking this has to be the bomb, right? The aroma is nice... woodsy, slightly...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4449 tasting notes
  • “Smells amazing! You can really smell the orange they added to it and it mixes very well with the scent of the grapefruit. The taste is that of fruity pebbles. It makes for a great breakfast tea...” Read full tasting note
    knifeblood102 98 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A wake up call to the senses! Our Grapefruit tea is invigorating both in scent as well as taste. This blend of premium Formosa oolong tea and grapefruit is fantastic choice for an afternoon respite, or any time you need a citrus-infused pick-me-up.

About Adagio Teas View company

Adagio sent me this as a nice sample! The smell is wonderful! Grapefruit always reminds me of breakfast so this had to do as a morning, start off tea. I am always afraid of the grapefruit being too overpowering of the tea flavor or being too bitter, but this actually blends nicely with the oolong :] It’s not too strong and you can still taste the oolong.

Many thanks to Jillian for this :D

I can definitely tell this has an oolong base. The deep amber liquor has a woodsy, citrus flavor with a bit of a…ginger kick? There’s no ginger listed in the ingredients though. Interesting. And if I didn’t know this was supposed to be grapefruit I don’t think I would have been able to tell. Overall, a nice oolong with a bit of a surprise in store for those who don’t read tea reviews XD

There’s a wonderful scent of citrus that hits you as soon as you open the tin, and gets deeper as it steeps. Lovely and vibrant orange-brown color and wonderful, oolong taste with a crisp hit of citrus.

Cofftea

I haven’t tried this yet, but their grapefruit white is amazing so I’m excited to try this one.

Jane Quigley

It just keeps getting better as it settles. Almost lemony.

So this is the second tea that I’m trying from the Orchard Sampler (vanilla, almond, peach, grapefruit). The dry leaves smell strongly of dried grapefruit rind. Now I’ve never actually encountered dried grapefruit rind, but I imagine this is what it would smell like. The taste is citrus-y (orange & grapefruit), but not juicy. Kind of again with the grapefruit rind, it’s slightly bitter and almost dry tasting (not astringency). It also has a woodsy flavor like others have mentioned, which I guess comes from the oolong itself. It’s good enough for this morning’s cuppa, but I probably won’t be reordering.

This was a surprise from MadelineAlyce…

The dry leafs were very strong of citrus and grapefruit, which is nice because it’s a nice head cleaner in the morning. As for the past few morning, i have had such a migraine and i have almost been catatonic, so my housemate woke me up at about 8 pm and asked me if i wanted a cup of tea, which i did, so i peeled myself off the couch and did something…made tea.

Nice and sweet with a little acid. Citrus filled grapefruit fills my tastebuds full of life.
thank you to miss Alyce for this sample…it’s awesome.

I love Oolong. I find it a very hard formula to ruin. You take Oolong and you add yet another pleasant flavor, smell, etc… to it and presto! Another hit tea. I think tea companies go to some silly extremes with this, but on the whole it’s a sound concept.

First let me say that this tea, in the bag, smells incredible. The citrus makes my eyes water and I love grapefruit. And that’s what it is, that pledge-strength citric-centric wonderful clean smell. I was disappointed in that the brewed tea has little or no smell whatsoever(either that or I’m suffering from the nose equivalent of snow-blindness).

The liquor is that familiar ole copper-bronze which is Oolong tea.
The flavor is literally the best “flavored” tea that I can remember tasting in recent history. It’s not artificial as so many flavored teas are. The flavor doesn’t destroy the fact that it is, at heart, an Oolong tea. And most importantly it fits well with Oolong. I’m trying later some other “flavored” Oolong teas from Adagio, which I don’t expect to work nearly as well.

In closing, for some reason(and I didn’t see this coming), Grapefruit and Oolong are like chocolate and peanut butter, toast and jam and all those other holy combinations.

Peace,
-Sinny

The dry leaves are brown and black with some stems and plenty of grapefruit pieces. The aroma the ingredients provide is tart and light but with overtones of sweetness.

The liquor brews a deep brown-amber with tinges of yellow around the outside. The aroma becomes more savory but is essentially the same as the dry profile holding on to the tart grapefruit overtones and a mild sweetness.

The flavor is smoother than expected. There is a simple bite at the tip of the tongue and some light dryness as well, but very little astringency. The tail keeps going and going with a tart dryness remaining persistent. The grapefruit sweetness holds for the first few moments but dissipates somewhat quickly.

I would recommend this tea to any fan of Oolong, Grapefruit, fruit flavored teas and Darjeeling teas.

This is very very nice. Robust, full body. Subtle grapefruit flavor. Not acidic or astringent at all. Would like to see a LITTLE more grapefruit come through, and it may in the second steeping as some others have said. Will be sure to post another tasting note when I try that.

Prepared in Adagio IngenuiTEA teapot.

I love this one. Just a hint of grapefruit in a nice oolong.

Cofftea

Another one I think might burn going down if you drink it hot. But I love flavored oolongs:)

Not bad, but not as awesome as I was expecting. I thought it might be something like – the appropriately named – “Adagio” tea from Lupicia, very grapefruity and citrusy both in smell and taste. The smell of the leaves initially (out of water) was great. When they got into the cup the lost a lot of that pizzazz that I was expecting. The flavour as you drink it is also not as strong and powerful as I had hoped. The taste was pretty nice, but after having that Adagio or some of the other Grapefruity teas from Lupicia, I was expecting a bit more punch. Nice, but not life-changing.