Grapefruit Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I dialed down the steeping time and this tea doesn't taste as woody - I'm found out what the taste reminds me off. You know the temperate rainforest on the cost of BC (and Washington, Oregon)? ...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1604 tasting notes
  • “So I didn't go to bed until nearly 5am because of a Formula 1 race, and then I had a weird dream where you could go to McDonalds and have Adagio tea. Because if you could sit down and have tea, a...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes
  • “For my Oolong today, I thought I'd try this tea from Adagio. I love grapefruit... I love Formosa Oolong, so I am thinking this has to be the bomb, right? The aroma is nice... woodsy, slightly...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4421 tasting notes
  • “Smells amazing! You can really smell the orange they added to it and it mixes very well with the scent of the grapefruit. The taste is that of fruity pebbles. It makes for a great breakfast tea...” Read full tasting note
    knifeblood102 98 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A wake up call to the senses! Our Grapefruit tea is invigorating both in scent as well as taste. This blend of premium Formosa oolong tea and grapefruit is fantastic choice for an afternoon respite, or any time you need a citrus-infused pick-me-up.

About Adagio Teas View company

This was good, but I don’t care for grapefruit. Although, it had more of just a general citrus flavor. (Which I don’t prefer either.) Don’t get me wrong though – it was still pretty good.

I’m pretty sure I am an oolong fan now. I seem to be okay with each one I try!

I really enjoyed this – it is crisp and fruity but the grapefruit isn’t overwhelming or bitter. I am a big fan iced and hot.

I am actually surprised about how good the grapefruit flavor is in this tea. However, the oolong used as the base is very woody. Normally I love that, but here I just don’t think it pairs well with the grapefruit flavor.

Tastes much like the black tea grapefruit without the tones of the black tea. These teas, at least for me, require sweetener to pull the full taste of the grapefruit to the surface.

Thought it was far too sweet! I Like my Oolongs to have a earthy taste and this was not it! It’s a good enough tea if you are looking for something that has a lot of flavor but the leaf is overpowered by the grapefruit!

This tea is very interesting. I first tried it iced and it was pretty good, but today I tried it for the first time hot. You can really smell the grapefruit when you open the tin and the tea is steeping. I really wasn’t sure what to expect from this tea as a hot drink. I was pleasantly surprised when I took my first sip and it tasted like fruity pebbles! That’s right, this tea reminded me of that great rainbow colored breakfast cereal of my youth. I should also mention that I did sweeten this tea like I do all my teas with 1.5 tsp of amber sugar crystals.

I can’t really taste the grapefruit in this tea at all. I tried it 3 different times at different temps to see if I could get the flavor or aromaI to come out, but nothing. I’m really not impressed.

This is great for multiple steeps and has a subtle grapefruit flavor that’s just right. As far as flavored teas go, this one is near perfect.

One of my favorite teas from Adagio.

Not tasting any grapefruit today but was in the mood for the Oolong regardless.