Grapefruit Oolong

Oolong Tea
Grapefruit, Tea, Autumn Leaf Pile, Roasted
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

A wake up call to the senses! Our Grapefruit tea is invigorating both in scent as well as taste. This blend of premium Formosa oolong tea and grapefruit is fantastic choice for an afternoon respite, or any time you need a citrus-infused pick-me-up.

About Adagio Teas View company

This was good, but I don’t care for grapefruit. Although, it had more of just a general citrus flavor. (Which I don’t prefer either.) Don’t get me wrong though – it was still pretty good.

I’m pretty sure I am an oolong fan now. I seem to be okay with each one I try!

I only got to drink two cups of this because my best friend loves grapefruit and when I brewed this she really liked it so I gave it away, however I remember it quite well. The oolong flavor in this tea keeps its integrity while being present in the midst of a grapefruit flavor that is identifiable. I found this tea to taste quite well, but it wasn’t my favorite.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Sipdown.

This is a really interesting tea. It tastes exactly like it sounds like it would – Oolong with a light and very natural flavor of grapefruit. It’s not one I reached for particularly often, but I appreciated it every time I drank it. It’s a nice change of pace. I’ll be picking up more next time I order from Adagio.

Flavors: Grapefruit, Tea

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This was a very simple but very nice tea for me. It had a pretty typical nice oolong flavor, and the grapefruit was very subtle. It kind of changed the tea’s astringency more than the flavor to me – rather than there being a bitterness from tannin, it was a more fruity bitterness. I really enjoyed it a lot. The only reason I don’t rate it higher is that I feel that for something sold as grapefruit, it needed more actual grapefruit flavor.

rosebudmelissa

Interesting. I feel like this one has a perfect amount of flavor.

This was one of the samples I chose to get to $25 for free shipping on my Adagio order (I wanted the Christmas Cookies fandom sampler). I love grapefruit, so I figured this was worth a try. I’m not sure why I felt the need to order any of this, to tell you the truth, as I’ve been pretty much exclusively unimpressed with Adagio in the past. Oh well, impulse buy! This looks to be a generic formosa-type oxidized oolong base with some citrus peel and flower petals. Dry scent is sweetly grapefruit.

Hmm… It’s not terrible. The base is pretty much completely lame, and tastes like dry autumn leaves to me and not much else. The level of grapefruit flavor is good, and so is the flavoring itself. On a different base, this could be really tasty. As is, it’s just okay and it’s making my throat a bit itchy.

Flavors: Autumn Leaf Pile, Grapefruit, Roasted

Ahh – this is refreshing! I love this tea, and it tastes like summer in a cup. It is ever so slightly smokey, especially if brewed at a high temperature, but not at all bitter. I like it best steeped at 190 for 4 minutes and then again at 190 for 5ish minutes. I mix the two steepings together to get a mellow, very drinkable, tea. It sort of tastes to me like Ruby Red grapefruit juice, but without the sugar and without the bitterness. It tastes like the best parts of a red grapefruit.
My only complaint today is that I added too much sugar. I don’t think it needs any, but I was treating myself today. I added 1 tsp for 6 total cups. Still too much. Next time, I’ll only use 1/2 tsp.

I really enjoyed this – it is crisp and fruity but the grapefruit isn’t overwhelming or bitter. I am a big fan iced and hot.

I am actually surprised about how good the grapefruit flavor is in this tea. However, the oolong used as the base is very woody. Normally I love that, but here I just don’t think it pairs well with the grapefruit flavor.

Tastes much like the black tea grapefruit without the tones of the black tea. These teas, at least for me, require sweetener to pull the full taste of the grapefruit to the surface.

Thought it was far too sweet! I Like my Oolongs to have a earthy taste and this was not it! It’s a good enough tea if you are looking for something that has a lot of flavor but the leaf is overpowered by the grapefruit!