Peach Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

In the famous poem ‘The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock’, T.S. Eliot wrote, ‘do I dare to eat a peach?’ The literary-minded folks at Adagio have taken it upon themselves to provide Mr. Eliot with an answer: no need to eat one. Just steep a cup of our premium Formosa oolong tea flavored with sweet peaches. Please, be a peach. Give this tea a try.

About Adagio Teas View company

I’m still a teanoobie, but this has become one of my “go-to” teas. I don’t know what kind of drugs they lace this stuff with, but it literally makes me feel good every time I drink it. I love the peachy fragrance. I sweeten it with clover honey. Love it, love it, love it.

I like it but I like the custom “Peachy” brew a lot better.

Sipdown!! (176)

Thank you Kat_Maria for sharing a sample of this tea. Personally, I would not have ever bought this because its an oolong but I ind it is always a good idea to try the adagio teas because you never know what might make it into one of your fandom blends.

I was actually surprised by this one. I was not expecting much other than oolong but the base is actually pretty mild which allows for the candy peach flavor to shine. If I were given the choice, I would choose a different base but at the end of the day, I don’t think I would be as hesitant to buy a blend that has peach oolong in it as I can see this blending well with other flavors. Thank you Kat_Maria for sending this my way and forcing me to try this because now I know I don’t need to completely avoid blends with oolong. That information now opens up my options for fandom blends and that can be very, very dangerous.

This time a bit off. Something unpleasant in initial flavor but then peachy. Will have to pay closer attention to steep times.

Fruity but not overwhelming, this is one of my favorite fruit blends. Peach is summery and makes it perfect for a hot or iced drink!

While the peach flavour was very nice, the tea itself was a little weak, especially for an oolong. I found this tea to be underwhelming hot, but it’s delicious iced, especially mixed with a little peach nectar.

Smells like true peaches, not the artificial candy kind. The oolong comes through as a woody backdrop to what turns out to be a pretty light hand with the peach flavoring. I enjoyed it warm and iced. It was fruity enough for me to tell I wasn’t drinking straight tea, but nothing overpowering.

Really feeling neutral about this one… I really love Adagio’s White Peach tea, and this tea has that same added peach flavor, but it just doesn’t marry with the oolong as well as the white. There’s a woody flavor to the oolong that just doesn’t scream “add PEACH to me!” but it’s still a solid tea. Simply not my favorite marriage of flavors.

Dry Leaf Nose: Smokey, strong scent of peach (like peach rings candy)

Liquor: Very Light caramel color

Flavour: Sweet and smokey. Faint taste of peach but only at the end. Can definitely tell it is a darker oolong.

The smell out of the bag was wonderful. Peachy and delicious. Unfortunately my first cup was not. Following the brewing instructions on the bag of 212°F @ 3 min gave me a pot of tea that smelled like burnt coffee. Ugh!
The second time around with fresh leaves I used 180°F @ 3min and it was so much better. Added a little bit of sugar and it was delicious. Even when it had gotten cold, so when summer rolls around I’m definitely going to be making iced tea with this.
I still want to play around with the steeping times, but for this one, a lower water temp is for sure.