Peach Oolong

Oolong Tea
Peach, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

In the famous poem ‘The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock’, T.S. Eliot wrote, ‘do I dare to eat a peach?’ The literary-minded folks at Adagio have taken it upon themselves to provide Mr. Eliot with an answer: no need to eat one. Just steep a cup of our premium Formosa oolong tea flavored with sweet peaches. Please, be a peach. Give this tea a try.

About Adagio Teas View company

While the peach flavour was very nice, the tea itself was a little weak, especially for an oolong. I found this tea to be underwhelming hot, but it’s delicious iced, especially mixed with a little peach nectar.

Smells like true peaches, not the artificial candy kind. The oolong comes through as a woody backdrop to what turns out to be a pretty light hand with the peach flavoring. I enjoyed it warm and iced. It was fruity enough for me to tell I wasn’t drinking straight tea, but nothing overpowering.

Really feeling neutral about this one… I really love Adagio’s White Peach tea, and this tea has that same added peach flavor, but it just doesn’t marry with the oolong as well as the white. There’s a woody flavor to the oolong that just doesn’t scream “add PEACH to me!” but it’s still a solid tea. Simply not my favorite marriage of flavors.

Dry Leaf Nose: Smokey, strong scent of peach (like peach rings candy)

Liquor: Very Light caramel color

Flavour: Sweet and smokey. Faint taste of peach but only at the end. Can definitely tell it is a darker oolong.

The smell out of the bag was wonderful. Peachy and delicious. Unfortunately my first cup was not. Following the brewing instructions on the bag of 212°F @ 3 min gave me a pot of tea that smelled like burnt coffee. Ugh!
The second time around with fresh leaves I used 180°F @ 3min and it was so much better. Added a little bit of sugar and it was delicious. Even when it had gotten cold, so when summer rolls around I’m definitely going to be making iced tea with this.
I still want to play around with the steeping times, but for this one, a lower water temp is for sure.

This tea is FANTASTIC. Very strong peach flavor even without any sugar added. Naturally sweet. I will definitely be buying more when my sample runs out.

At $5 for 2oz, this is really cheap! But it is cheap for a reason — not that good for my taste. I tried to cold brew it, and it’s a winner! Makes very good iced tea.

Loved it! Had it and then re-steeped!

Mmm, peachy. A hint of peach flavor along with a dash of honey complement the pleasant oolong nicely.

Finished off my sample tin, will probably make it into the cart next time I make an order. I still have ~60 sample tins left though.