Vanilla Oolong

Oolong Tea
Tea, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

According to the International Ice Cream Association, Vanilla is by far the most popular flavor, getting a full 23% of all ice cream consumption. Inspired by this love of vanilla, Adagio has created Vanilla Oolong Tea. Combining the delectable flavor of sweet vanilla beans and fresh Formosa oolong tea from Taiwan, I’ll scream, you’ll scream, we’ll all scream for… Vanilla tea!

About Adagio Teas View company

I Iced this tea and I wasn’t disappointed. Personally I like oolongs for their light flavor but this one definitely had a sweet kick. I enjoy fruity teas more especially in the summer but this one wasn’t all too bad.

Iced 3 min, 45 sec

I’m on a quest to find a vanilla tea that I really enjoy. Vanilla is one of my favorite flavors in any instance where I can choose a flavor, always, and I want this to apply to tea as well. From DavidsTea to Tazo to Celestial Seasonings to Southern Season, no tea source seems to get the flavor I want across. Unfortunately, this isn’t The One, but it’s better than most.

The leaves smell mostly woodsy with a bit of a vanilla undertone – bean, not flavoring. They’re not much to look at or smell, and are a bit smaller in general than I like my teas to be. I’m running through a sampler box, though, so this may have more to do with my dipping out of a small bag than a properly sized one. Brewing it in my new ingenuiTEA pot, I don’t have much comment to make on the scent when steeping.

The liquor’s a pretty, dark amber, not unlike the peach oolong from the same sampler set. I strongly suspect they’re made of the same tea base. The flavor profile puts the fairly creamy vanilla up front with a woodsy aftertaste from the oolong, both weaker than I’m looking for. The flavor’s more spot on than any other vanilla tea I’ve tried – especially compared to the most recent contender, DavidsTea’s awful vanilla oolong offering – but still not the in-your-face sweet treat I’m seeking.
-Cash

Ashley Bain

have you tried Vanilla Comoro from Harney?

Not crazy about this. The vanilla was much too strong for the subtle flavor of an oolong. I don’t think it is a good match. The vanilla also had a very artificial smell to it.

Completely horrible! I don’t recommend this tea as it felt like I put ashes in my mouth.

Thanks for sending this as a freebie from your sale, Ali! I think this one gets a bad rep over on these Steepster ratings. Maybe others are just not liking the Formosa oolong because they aren’t accustomed to it. I like Formosa once in a while for a change. This particular oolong isn’t bad but the vanilla isn’t exactly lovely real bean pods or anything. Usually Adagio is good with their flavoring. I can’t remember if this is close to the vanilla black tea they have. But rather than actual vanilla flavoring it’s really just a slight sweet flavor. But with two teaspoons the flavor is deep and roasty with a deep burgundy liquid. It definitely looks delicious.

I got this as a free sample while I was buying some other teas at Adagio. It’s a nice breakfast tea: for some reason it reminds me of cereal. The vanilla is not overpowering, and the oolong has a good flavor.

Flavors: Tea, Vanilla

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I’m not sure if vanilla mixes well with tea or not, but for this tea the answer is no. Sure vanilla smells good but when paired up with a dark woodsy oolong it just doesn’t blend well. I was unable to drink the entire cup that I brewed of this tea, but I was able to drink some of it.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I asked for a cup of this yesterday while at adagio…not sure what possessed me besides being a sucker for most things “vanilla.” I think it helped that it’s a dark oolong and not a green one….it just smelled so lovely.

And you know what? I liked it. Me! An adagio non herbal tea that I liked…. So much so that I nearly bought some and even this morning, I’m contemplating it….though I’m for sure running out of room in my suitcase to get things back as a carry on…

Delicious vanilla flavor and rich Oolong. Just like I expected. After trying Almond Oolong I figured this would be the same just with Vanilla. I was right. I can’t complain. I tried it with a bit of sugar and cream one go round and it was delightful (tried it before adding cream too and also good! I just like vanilla teas with cream!). Then later, had it again with truvia and milk and it was overwhelmingly sweet that way. So next time I’ll stick to normal sugar and cream.

Flavors: Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Eh…let’s just say…Adagio has yet to impress me. Haven’t ever been "wow"ed by any of their teas. Probably just not for me. :/

sherapop

Ost: I believe that a big part of their appeal for many people is the Fandom program and the ability to create one’s own blends. I don’t hear that many people raving about their standard teas… I bought a couple of the Zodiac series sets and have found that the tea is generally good but not great. The concept is more important, it seems, than the ingredients.

Ost

Yeah, I think you’re right! I mean, that’s how I found them. I bough a few of their fandom blends and hated them. xD I bought their Peach tea a few years ago, but it kinda tasted burnt to me…I even like Teavana better. I know…I’m crazy :P

Arshness

Weirdo. I love my Adagio teas. Ever tried Foxtrot? How about Earl Grey Bravo? The Chocolate Chip, Birthday Tea, Blueberry Decaf and sadly discontinued Apple tea, masala chai, and they have excellent Egyptian Chamomile. :)

Ost

Eh, there teas weren’t anything that really interested me alone now that I’ve looked at so many other tea companies. I can get better teas cheaper. :P All in my opinion of course.

Arshness

To each their own. Adagio is my first love so to speak

Ost

Have kinda fallen in love with DTT, H&S, David’s Teas, and Tealux. :O What about you? Other than Adagio of course haha