Vanilla Oolong

Oolong Tea
Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “After revisiting the Almond Oolong and preparing it in the gaiwan, I thought I'd do the opposite with this one. I steeped three cups worth in the Breville. I'm going to spring it on the BF and...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 951 tasting notes
  • “Leif & I did some work in the garden, pruning out the old canes in the blackberry patch, removing weeds, & repairing the trellises. A storm came up, so we weren't able to finish the project, but we...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2855 tasting notes
  • “Surprise--a fraction of a pouch had lodged itself in the bottom of my bits n' pieces basket. This particular sample is elderly, but hasn't lost its gentle vanilla sweetness, even on a second steep....” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1687 tasting notes
  • “Upping the rating a bit for this time around. I mixed in what silver needle I had left and threw in some of my golden monkey since my supply is dwindling. With some honey in there, it tasted really...” Read full tasting note
    lanestew 19 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

According to the International Ice Cream Association, Vanilla is by far the most popular flavor, getting a full 23% of all ice cream consumption. Inspired by this love of vanilla, Adagio has created Vanilla Oolong Tea. Combining the delectable flavor of sweet vanilla beans and fresh Formosa oolong tea from Taiwan, I’ll scream, you’ll scream, we’ll all scream for… Vanilla tea!

About Adagio Teas View company

I Iced this tea and I wasn’t disappointed. Personally I like oolongs for their light flavor but this one definitely had a sweet kick. I enjoy fruity teas more especially in the summer but this one wasn’t all too bad.

Iced 3 min, 45 sec

I’m on a quest to find a vanilla tea that I really enjoy. Vanilla is one of my favorite flavors in any instance where I can choose a flavor, always, and I want this to apply to tea as well. From DavidsTea to Tazo to Celestial Seasonings to Southern Season, no tea source seems to get the flavor I want across. Unfortunately, this isn’t The One, but it’s better than most.

The leaves smell mostly woodsy with a bit of a vanilla undertone – bean, not flavoring. They’re not much to look at or smell, and are a bit smaller in general than I like my teas to be. I’m running through a sampler box, though, so this may have more to do with my dipping out of a small bag than a properly sized one. Brewing it in my new ingenuiTEA pot, I don’t have much comment to make on the scent when steeping.

The liquor’s a pretty, dark amber, not unlike the peach oolong from the same sampler set. I strongly suspect they’re made of the same tea base. The flavor profile puts the fairly creamy vanilla up front with a woodsy aftertaste from the oolong, both weaker than I’m looking for. The flavor’s more spot on than any other vanilla tea I’ve tried – especially compared to the most recent contender, DavidsTea’s awful vanilla oolong offering – but still not the in-your-face sweet treat I’m seeking.
-Cash

Ashley Bain

have you tried Vanilla Comoro from Harney?

Not crazy about this. The vanilla was much too strong for the subtle flavor of an oolong. I don’t think it is a good match. The vanilla also had a very artificial smell to it.

Completely horrible! I don’t recommend this tea as it felt like I put ashes in my mouth.

Backlog 8/67

Got this sample with my last Adagio order. I liked the almond oolong enough to buy a pouch so I wanted to see if another oolong was any good from them.

I’m disappointed with this one. It tastes vaguely of vanilla, but I wouldn’t know it’s oolong. I mean, I don’t know Oolong super well but I didn’t specifically notice the oolong, and yet the the vanilla wasn’t overpowering either. Maybe it needed different temp or longer steep. I’m not sure. This just wasn’t a night for amazing tea I guess haha. :)

Flavors: Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Eh…let’s just say…Adagio has yet to impress me. Haven’t ever been "wow"ed by any of their teas. Probably just not for me. :/

sherapop

Ost: I believe that a big part of their appeal for many people is the Fandom program and the ability to create one’s own blends. I don’t hear that many people raving about their standard teas… I bought a couple of the Zodiac series sets and have found that the tea is generally good but not great. The concept is more important, it seems, than the ingredients.

Ost

Yeah, I think you’re right! I mean, that’s how I found them. I bough a few of their fandom blends and hated them. xD I bought their Peach tea a few years ago, but it kinda tasted burnt to me…I even like Teavana better. I know…I’m crazy :P

Arshness

Weirdo. I love my Adagio teas. Ever tried Foxtrot? How about Earl Grey Bravo? The Chocolate Chip, Birthday Tea, Blueberry Decaf and sadly discontinued Apple tea, masala chai, and they have excellent Egyptian Chamomile. :)

Ost

Eh, there teas weren’t anything that really interested me alone now that I’ve looked at so many other tea companies. I can get better teas cheaper. :P All in my opinion of course.

Arshness

To each their own. Adagio is my first love so to speak <3
What companies do you like?

Ost

Have kinda fallen in love with DTT, H&S, David’s Teas, and Tealux. :O What about you? Other than Adagio of course haha

I really enjoy this tea – it is nutty and rich, and in my opinion needs no sweetener. I don’t think I would reach for it often, as it is rather plain, but it is nice.

Fake vanilla flavor totally overwhelms the tea and my palate.

They should re-name this tea “Wait For It…Vanilla Oolong”. If you concentrate really hard, you can taste a faint trace of vanilla right after the tea hits your lips. It disappears just as quickly. But be patient, because there’s a fairly strong bowl of creamy vanilla ice cream waiting for you in the aftertaste. Not a bad cup of tea, but I expected a much stronger, more uniform vanilla flavor. To those looking for a dessert tea to satisfy a sweet tooth, keep looking.

This is a very comforting warm vanilla tea. I liked it with a touch of cream!