Vanilla Oolong

Oolong Tea
Tea, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

According to the International Ice Cream Association, Vanilla is by far the most popular flavor, getting a full 23% of all ice cream consumption. Inspired by this love of vanilla, Adagio has created Vanilla Oolong Tea. Combining the delectable flavor of sweet vanilla beans and fresh Formosa oolong tea from Taiwan, I’ll scream, you’ll scream, we’ll all scream for… Vanilla tea!

About Adagio Teas View company

Delicious vanilla flavor and rich Oolong. Just like I expected. After trying Almond Oolong I figured this would be the same just with Vanilla. I was right. I can’t complain. I tried it with a bit of sugar and cream one go round and it was delightful (tried it before adding cream too and also good! I just like vanilla teas with cream!). Then later, had it again with truvia and milk and it was overwhelmingly sweet that way. So next time I’ll stick to normal sugar and cream.

Flavors: Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Eh…let’s just say…Adagio has yet to impress me. Haven’t ever been "wow"ed by any of their teas. Probably just not for me. :/

sherapop

Ost: I believe that a big part of their appeal for many people is the Fandom program and the ability to create one’s own blends. I don’t hear that many people raving about their standard teas… I bought a couple of the Zodiac series sets and have found that the tea is generally good but not great. The concept is more important, it seems, than the ingredients.

Ost

Yeah, I think you’re right! I mean, that’s how I found them. I bough a few of their fandom blends and hated them. xD I bought their Peach tea a few years ago, but it kinda tasted burnt to me…I even like Teavana better. I know…I’m crazy :P

Arshness

Weirdo. I love my Adagio teas. Ever tried Foxtrot? How about Earl Grey Bravo? The Chocolate Chip, Birthday Tea, Blueberry Decaf and sadly discontinued Apple tea, masala chai, and they have excellent Egyptian Chamomile. :)

Ost

Eh, there teas weren’t anything that really interested me alone now that I’ve looked at so many other tea companies. I can get better teas cheaper. :P All in my opinion of course.

Arshness

To each their own. Adagio is my first love so to speak

Ost

Have kinda fallen in love with DTT, H&S, David’s Teas, and Tealux. :O What about you? Other than Adagio of course haha

I really enjoy this tea – it is nutty and rich, and in my opinion needs no sweetener. I don’t think I would reach for it often, as it is rather plain, but it is nice.

Fake vanilla flavor totally overwhelms the tea and my palate.

They should re-name this tea “Wait For It…Vanilla Oolong”. If you concentrate really hard, you can taste a faint trace of vanilla right after the tea hits your lips. It disappears just as quickly. But be patient, because there’s a fairly strong bowl of creamy vanilla ice cream waiting for you in the aftertaste. Not a bad cup of tea, but I expected a much stronger, more uniform vanilla flavor. To those looking for a dessert tea to satisfy a sweet tooth, keep looking.

This is a very comforting warm vanilla tea. I liked it with a touch of cream!

The vanilla was obviously present via smell in the dry leaves. The oolong was just standard and the vanilla flavor was rather fake tasting and finished very chemically.

As the kids say, “‘s a’ight.” Perfectly drinkable, but doesn’t make me jump out of my seat. Vanilla flavor is a little too subtle, in my opinion.

Prepared in Adagio IngenuiTEA teapot.

It was good, but I am not a vanilla fan at all. Probably will not purchase again.

Yuck. I really cant get over the smell. It reminds me of vanilla tobacco…in a bad way. The vanilla really over powers the oolong in my opinion. A definite pass in my book.