Berry Blues

Apple Pieces, Dried Blueberries, Hibiscus Flowers, Rose Hips
Apple, Fruity, Sweet
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by abbisiler

4 Images

• “Wow. I may have put a bit too much in this time! I used almost 3 tsp for 16 oz and it is super powerful. This tea does not mess around in the flavor department. Like I've said, the closest thing...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 540 tasting notes
  • “The weather is starting to pick up here in the UK and the first promises of sun and hot weather have given me a craving for fruit. No fruit in particular just something sweet and juicy to relax...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1159 tasting notes
  • “I received this as a free sample in my last Adagio order. To be honest, I didn't think I would like it, but I have to say this was pretty good. It had a fair amount of blueberry flavor even though...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 890 tasting notes
  • “Killed this tin today, so this will be a fond farewell. Apparently I have quite the sweet-tooth, because I LOVE this tea! It's mostly sweet with a little sour, and tastes like an Apple Jolly...” Read full tasting note
    coryobrien 104 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A delicious blend of natural fruits and spices that brews up a mouthwatering cup of herbal tea. Entirely caffeine free, it holds a special appeal for kids and sweet-toothed adults. Yet contains no sugar or other sweeteners. The flavor is all natural, emanating from apple pieces, hibiscus flowers, cranberries and blueberries. Highly addictive; Please proceed with caution!

About Adagio Teas View company

Mild flavor, not strong. A bit tart… Not sweet so much as tasting like berries without the sweetness.

It has a long finish. The finish is more blueberry than the sip.

A nice enough tisane for getting in my water total for the day, but if I wasn’t disallowed caffeine and was able to drink regular teas I’d not bother with this.

Boiling 8 min or more

I like blueberries but this one just isn’t packing a blueberry punch… It’s just does not have enough flavour for me.

Boiling

Tastes like a strong mixed berry blend. I love this tea, and will definitely pick it up often. I’d imagine very good as iced tea as well.

Fantastic, deep color and fruity scent. Perfect nighttime tea – a little sweet with a full, fruity flavor. 1st Steep water:180 degrees, and steeped for just over 8 min.

180 °F / 82 °C 8 min or more

A delicious berry tea with bold flavor and beautiful color. Even the kids like this one.

The color of this tea is beautiful! It is also very potent. I may have overleafed this a tad but I don’t mind the hibiscus taste. I look forward to trying this one iced!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp
Cheri

I love the color of hibiscus teas. Such a pretty color.

Kayla

I agree, purple and associated colors are my favorite.

Tangy, sweet and gorgeous colors! I tried it both with and without added sugar and I have to say that adding just a little bit took the tangy bit away for me which was bit overbearing to begin with. Overall, delicious! Read the full review here: http://www.abbisiler.com/tea/berry-blues-herbal-tea-adagio-teas

Flavors: Apple, Fruity, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

A decent blueberry based herbal, but not as delicious as Tea Forte’s Blueberry Merlot. Not a disappointment, but not the same as the Merlot.

This is my saddest sipdown yet, and actually the only sipdown which has been of a tea that I’ve had more than a one or two cup sample of. I bought this from Adagio mainly to take me over the £30 window for free shipping, and because it was one of the ingredients of a Sherlock fandom tea which I wanted to try and was unavailable in the UK, so I planned on maybe making my own substitute. As it turned out, I never did that, as it was just too good to blend with other teas.

When I first tried this tea plain, I was very surprised by the powerful flavour, as all fruit-based teas I’ve tried in the past have been disappointingly weak. Not this one. Instead of a diluted summer fruit cordial type colour like I had expected, within a minute of steeping the cup was a deep deep reddy purple, and smelled heavenly. Like blueberry tarts baking in the oven. I haven’t logged this tea before as I went on a bit of a berry blues binge and drank nearly the entire thing in less than a week, before I’d even made my steepster account. When I realised I was down to my last teaspoon, I panicked, and have been hoarding the tiniest amount since, waiting for the appropriate moment. This was not quite the perfect time for it, but I really really wanted it.

Plain, this tea is a little tart, and if you oversteep (which I tend to do a lot, as I have a really crappy concept of time), it is very tart. This is probably due to the hibiscus content, although I don’t seem to have a problem with it as many people seem to. To counteract this, I like to drink it with an added spoon of sugar. Drank this way, it tastes exactly like blueberry jam in the initial sip, but with an almost sour aftertaste that stops it from being overly sweet and balances it out perfectly.

I am currently sitting on my bed, drinking this tea and reminiscing about my childhood – when it snowed in the winter, me and my two cousins would play outside in the snow for hours, and then when we came in, my mam would make us “hot juice” which was basically a cordial drink made with not-quite-boiling water instead of cold, with a spoon of honey in it, to warm us back up. It was my favourite winter treat, and this reminds me of it so much, because even though it doesn’t taste like any of the juices we had in it, it has the same hot, sweet, fruity goodness which I just find so comforting. I am sipping this so slowly, because I know that once it’s gone, that’s it. I was planning on leaving some of it to cool, and see what this is like iced, but I don’t think I can bring myself to. I will miss this tea dearly. My post-8PM tea collection will not be the same without it.

I have already discovered how amazing it feels to click the ‘remove from wishlist’ button on a tea, followed by the ‘add to cupboard’ button, but this is the first time I have clicked them the other way round, and it is so sad :/

I will be making an Adagio order very soon, re-stocking on this and the 9th doctor, and buying myself an ingenuiTEA while I’m at it! Every cloud…

Boiling 6 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML
keychange

It’s so lovely to read about someone falling in love with a tea, especially if it brings back the loveliest of memories.

Nattie

I’m glad you enjoyed reading it! I didn’t really expect anyone to, considering the length. I really will miss this tea, though ):

keychange

I love long tasting notes, especially if they aren’t overly technical and are filled with lots of tea love!

Hello.Kiki

I agree- love the notes with background and context!

__Morgana__

Lovely childhood memory.

KittyLovesTea

I have the large version of ingenuiTEA which was one of the first tea makers I had (was given to me by my mother). It works perfectly and a few years down the line I still use it in summer to make iced tea :D I have a feeling you will love yours too.

Nattie

I watched the video on their website and fell in love with it immediately, I absolutely can’t wait to get one. Good to know it stands the test of time! (:

I’m having 24oz of this iced right now. I put some of Teavana’s rock sugar in it. Yum!