Blood Orange

Fruit Herbal Blend
Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I'm pretty sure that my brain checked out today as it took me at least six times to type 'orange' correctly to find this tea. Anyway, this was a sipdown. I didn't find this too orange-y no matter...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 598 tasting notes
  • “Finished up my sample of this last night but was too comfy in bed reading to get up to write about it. The orange, such that it is, is tasty, but this last experience confirms that it isn't enough...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 933 tasting notes
  • “This "tea" kind of makes me angry. So this will be a sad review. Apologies, in advance! It's not juicy, yummy, tangy blood orange at all. It's dusty, chalky, vaguely orange-flavored, chewable...” Read full tasting note
    StephL535 314 tasting notes
  • “Received this in sample form from Adagio. Didn't love it the first time I tried it - that was hot, steeped 9+ minutes because I forgot about it... This, I've iced with a bit of sugar and added a...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A delicious blend of natural fruits and spices that brews up a mouthwatering cup of herbal tea. Entirely caffeine free, it holds a special appeal for kids and sweet-toothed adults. Yet contains no sugar or other sweeteners. The flavor is all natural, emanating from orange peels, hibiscus flowers, apple pieces, rose hip and safflower. Highly addictive; Please proceed with caution!

About Adagio Teas View company

This aromatic tea begins to tickle the olfactory senses as soon as you open the tin. As the water approaches its boiling point, excitement builds as you prepare your tea pot.

The tea has an overall tart taste – but in a good way. In some way, it resembles the frosting of a cake. While a delicious accent to full-bodied whole, frosting alone is hardly appealing. At some level, I believe this is what is going on with Blood Orange. It is without doubt a charming and delicious tea but it fails to deliver a holistic tea experience.

I ordered a 8 oz for my sister who is an avid fan of Orange flavors. The tea is a dark pink with a strong perfume of deep Orange. I admit that I liked the aroma of the tea better than the taste. If I could devise a way to turn the tea into a potpourri, I could make a fortune.

The tea itself is sour and lacking in what I would call complete character. Spiced with sugar, it’s perfect for kids. I liked it too, but it needed something to carry it to the finish line… A dark spice like Cinnamon would work, I think… Bottom line is, if you’re crazy about sugaring up your tea and love Orange, the tea is ideal.

Mike

Completely agree. I like how natural the sweetness of this tastes. Great for when you’re looking for something sweet but not overpoweringly so.

It’s safe to safe that I am probably not a fruity tea drinker. I didn’t think I would be and after trying this it was confirmed. Like it’s namesake it had a very orangey smell as well as taste. It was far too sweet. About the only thing I did like was the color it gave off.

It is super tangy, but I love that about it! Does well as iced tea with a bit of sweetener.

This is good hot, But I like it better iced. It’s a little strong and tangy and so melted ice dilutes it quite nicely.

This tea is a citrus sensation. It tastes like a a light, white tea with a huge amount of lemon. The verdict is still out, I’ll have to give it another try.

I actually thought this was pretty decent. It has a nice orange flavor. It may be a little tart, but I could see it being really good cold with a little sugar. I’d buy it again if I got a good deal on it.

Fruit Sangrea was my favorite herbal that I had bought fron Adagio before, but I grabbed a sample of Blood Orange with an order of pumpkin spice and I was really impressed by it. It’s got a very nice tang that finishes off with a bit of sweetness. It smells wonderful, too! I only steeped it for five minutes, at first, but 7+ is best, I think. I’m not sure what temperature would be best- I’ve only use boiling water with it so far, but it’s turned out just fine. Overall I really like it.

I got it as a sample when I ordered another set of tea from Adagio. Mostly because I love blood oranges. It smells utterly delicious and I was really excited to try it. It says steep anywhere between 5-10 minutes, so I let it have its way as I cleaned a bit.

It’s a bit too sour for my tastes (that rose hip is super strong), but I just had it straight up and put in a lot of tea for one cup. Might be adding some of my raw sugar to it on a second go-around, and will try it iced another time.

The hibiscus note is very overwhelming, it’s about the only thing that I can truly taste. Its very much on the herbal side, the orange comes in at the end, just very faintly.

Its a bit on the tart side, so I very lightly sweeten the tea further.