Blood Orange

Fruit Herbal Blend
Fruity, Hibiscus, Orange, Sour, Citrus, Tart, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I'm pretty sure that my brain checked out today as it took me at least six times to type 'orange' correctly to find this tea. Anyway, this was a sipdown. I didn't find this too orange-y no matter...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes
  • “Finished up my sample of this last night but was too comfy in bed reading to get up to write about it. The orange, such that it is, is tasty, but this last experience confirms that it isn't enough...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 952 tasting notes
  • “This "tea" kind of makes me angry. So this will be a sad review. Apologies, in advance! It's not juicy, yummy, tangy blood orange at all. It's dusty, chalky, vaguely orange-flavored, chewable...” Read full tasting note
    StephL535 314 tasting notes
  • “Received this in sample form from Adagio. Didn't love it the first time I tried it - that was hot, steeped 9+ minutes because I forgot about it... This, I've iced with a bit of sugar and added a...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A delicious blend of natural fruits and spices that brews up a mouthwatering cup of herbal tea. Entirely caffeine free, it holds a special appeal for kids and sweet-toothed adults. Yet contains no sugar or other sweeteners. The flavor is all natural, emanating from orange peels, hibiscus flowers, apple pieces, rose hip and safflower. Highly addictive; Please proceed with caution!

About Adagio Teas View company

This aromatic tea begins to tickle the olfactory senses as soon as you open the tin. As the water approaches its boiling point, excitement builds as you prepare your tea pot.

The tea has an overall tart taste – but in a good way. In some way, it resembles the frosting of a cake. While a delicious accent to full-bodied whole, frosting alone is hardly appealing. At some level, I believe this is what is going on with Blood Orange. It is without doubt a charming and delicious tea but it fails to deliver a holistic tea experience.

I ordered a 8 oz for my sister who is an avid fan of Orange flavors. The tea is a dark pink with a strong perfume of deep Orange. I admit that I liked the aroma of the tea better than the taste. If I could devise a way to turn the tea into a potpourri, I could make a fortune.

The tea itself is sour and lacking in what I would call complete character. Spiced with sugar, it’s perfect for kids. I liked it too, but it needed something to carry it to the finish line… A dark spice like Cinnamon would work, I think… Bottom line is, if you’re crazy about sugaring up your tea and love Orange, the tea is ideal.

Mike

Completely agree. I like how natural the sweetness of this tastes. Great for when you’re looking for something sweet but not overpoweringly so.

Overpowering citrus flavor, actually made my throat feel more sore. Not for me, and not exactly “tea”

This was one of the first loose leaf teas I really drank in great quantities. Now, one of my all time favorite teas. Tasty cold or hot, good for a vitamin C boost, and drinkable at any time of day since it’s caffeine free. I bought the biggest bag of it and am quickly devouring this bright, colorful, flavorful tea. It’s a strong element in blends, and can be a bit sour or overpowering if brewed long, but I prefer a heavy flavor. If nothing else, it is a glorious red-pink color when brewed. Probably my favorite orange tea of all time, and a really delicious, juicy herbal.

Flavors: Fruity, Hibiscus, Orange, Sour

Samples Only TTB
This smells exactly like Orange Gatorade Drink Mix. My mom bought a big tub of it when we all caught a stomach bug when I was younger, and it lasted so long that the florida humidity crept in and turned the whole thing clumpy. I didn’t like it as a drink, but I used to either sprinkle it on my cut apples, or make a thick paste out of it first, and then spread it on apples.
This doesn’t taste like orange Gatorade mix (thankfully), but I wouldn’t exactly say it tastes like blood oranges, or oranges in general. Its quite tart, even iced and sweetened, and citrusy, but more of a nondescript citrus not necessarily orange. All that aside, I quite like it, its a good kind of sour, something I can see myself reaching for.

Flavors: Citrus, Sour, Tart

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Arshness

I’m glad I included that one. I thought it was much more flavorful than the Harney & Sons that was in the box originally so I thought I needed to include Adagio’s offering for contrast. :) We have a pound of it anyway. It’s good stuff to make a pitcher of to drink cold. :)

Mandy

I know, when I saw your tasting note on the H&S and that you had included this one I knew I had to compare them. (:

Arshness

I included the German Chamomile and Egyptian Chamomiles for the same reason. Comparison. I know which one I prefer.

Mandy

I ended up comparing those two too. Taste like celery to me haha

This is definitely cold steeped. Its very refreshing on a hot summer day.

Today was apparently the day to dig up the oldest teas in my collection and give them a taste.

This was one of my favorites for evening when I first got it. It’s tangy and full of flavor and I really do still like it. It’s funny to me that I like this one though given the fact that it does have a lot of strong hibiscus notes in it… which I usually don’t care for at all.

I taste the orange notes pretty strongly and then the hibiscus kicks in and lingers. Definitely not an every night tea, but something I do enjoy every now and then.

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I received a sample of this from Beorhthraefn. Thank you!

I don’t mind hibiscus, but only in small doses. This tea unfortunately was loaded with it and was very very tart. This one was just not for me.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

It’s safe to safe that I am probably not a fruity tea drinker. I didn’t think I would be and after trying this it was confirmed. Like it’s namesake it had a very orangey smell as well as taste. It was far too sweet. About the only thing I did like was the color it gave off.

It is super tangy, but I love that about it! Does well as iced tea with a bit of sweetener.