Blood Orange

Fruit Herbal Blend
Blood orange, Hibiscus, Fruity, Orange, Sour, Citrus, Tart, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

A delicious blend of natural fruits and spices that brews up a mouthwatering cup of herbal tea. Entirely caffeine free, it holds a special appeal for kids and sweet-toothed adults. Yet contains no sugar or other sweeteners. The flavor is all natural, emanating from orange peels, hibiscus flowers, apple pieces, rose hip and safflower. Highly addictive; Please proceed with caution!

About Adagio Teas View company

This aromatic tea begins to tickle the olfactory senses as soon as you open the tin. As the water approaches its boiling point, excitement builds as you prepare your tea pot.

The tea has an overall tart taste – but in a good way. In some way, it resembles the frosting of a cake. While a delicious accent to full-bodied whole, frosting alone is hardly appealing. At some level, I believe this is what is going on with Blood Orange. It is without doubt a charming and delicious tea but it fails to deliver a holistic tea experience.

I ordered a 8 oz for my sister who is an avid fan of Orange flavors. The tea is a dark pink with a strong perfume of deep Orange. I admit that I liked the aroma of the tea better than the taste. If I could devise a way to turn the tea into a potpourri, I could make a fortune.

The tea itself is sour and lacking in what I would call complete character. Spiced with sugar, it’s perfect for kids. I liked it too, but it needed something to carry it to the finish line… A dark spice like Cinnamon would work, I think… Bottom line is, if you’re crazy about sugaring up your tea and love Orange, the tea is ideal.

Mike

Completely agree. I like how natural the sweetness of this tastes. Great for when you’re looking for something sweet but not overpoweringly so.

A nice orange burst of flavor. Normally I feel hibiscus overtakes anything it is put into but not here. It was a nice compliment to the orange.

Flavors: Blood orange

Iced

I oversteeped this, so it was a bit bitter, but it reminds me of orange juice. I haven’t drunk any orange juice in a while, however. I think I would rather drink this than orange juice, though the flavor is a bit off, and not at all what I expect from something Blood Orange flavored. I will have to try this again later.

I love blood orange and this was not blood orange. The tea looks beautiful right out of the package and brewed up a beautiful color but that’s about the best I can say about this tea. The flavor is quite flat with a general citrus – orangey flavor. The rose hips add a bit and the hibiscus adds more to the visual appeal than the flavor. Would probably make a good iced tea mixed with straight black tea and probably a good tea to sip, with honey, when you have a cold. Doubt I’ll purchase this again.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Just visited Adagio for the first time two days ago. After the awesome staff informed me of the health benefits of hibiscus teas, I chose this tea with hibiscus and blood orange as one of my four teas. I didn’t sample it in the store first, which made me nervous – I heard hibiscus can come off as tart and sour and I wasn’t sure if adding citrus would push it over the edge. But it smelled so goooood!!!

So far, I’m happy with it – after steeping for about 8 min, I can really taste the blood orange and the hibiscus comes through also. The flavor is tart, but not excessively so, and I added a bit of sugar (I add sugar to about 90% of the teas that I drink) Also, it’s a beautiful scarlet color.

Flavors: Blood orange, Hibiscus

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Catching up on some notes.

I admit that when I requested this sample with my last Adagio order I was NOT expecting an herbal blend. It seems to me that alot of companies do their variation on Blood Orange on a black base, so this caught me by surprise.

The result is characteristic of that blood orange flavor, and had I added sweetener I’m sure that resemblance would increase. Straight, this was fairly tart to the taste, but not overwhelmingly so.

Cheri

I was surprised to find how much I liked this one when I had it. They do a surprisingly good job with the blood orange flavor. It is really much more like a real blood orange than a regular orange, which is how every other blood orange I have had is.

It’s not a bad tea, in fact, I like it.

But blood orange? No, I don’t think so. There’s a little bit of tartness and some acidic citrus flavor that reminds me of an actual orange, but not a blood orange.

When it’s hot, there is this ever present hibiscus flavor that kind of balances all of the flavors of the tea. It kind of reminds me of one of the Celestial Seasonings Zinger line of teas. If they made an orange zinger, I bet this is what it would taste like.

The hibiscus and the tartness are both muted a bit when cold brewed into iced tea overnight. The color of the iced tea is this wonderful color that wanders somewhere between orange, purple and yellow, without actually being one of them.

Are there better orange tisanes? Sure. Are there better representations of a blood orange one? Most certainly. But I’m in no way sad I have this in my cabinet, especially due to the price. It was a pretty good bargain.

Overpowering citrus flavor, actually made my throat feel more sore. Not for me, and not exactly “tea”

This was one of the first loose leaf teas I really drank in great quantities. Now, one of my all time favorite teas. Tasty cold or hot, good for a vitamin C boost, and drinkable at any time of day since it’s caffeine free. I bought the biggest bag of it and am quickly devouring this bright, colorful, flavorful tea. It’s a strong element in blends, and can be a bit sour or overpowering if brewed long, but I prefer a heavy flavor. If nothing else, it is a glorious red-pink color when brewed. Probably my favorite orange tea of all time, and a really delicious, juicy herbal.

Flavors: Fruity, Hibiscus, Orange, Sour