Blood Orange

Fruit Herbal Blend
Fruity, Hibiscus, Orange, Sour, Citrus, Tart, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I'm pretty sure that my brain checked out today as it took me at least six times to type 'orange' correctly to find this tea. Anyway, this was a sipdown. I didn't find this too orange-y no matter...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes
  • “Finished up my sample of this last night but was too comfy in bed reading to get up to write about it. The orange, such that it is, is tasty, but this last experience confirms that it isn't enough...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “This "tea" kind of makes me angry. So this will be a sad review. Apologies, in advance! It's not juicy, yummy, tangy blood orange at all. It's dusty, chalky, vaguely orange-flavored, chewable...” Read full tasting note
    StephL535 314 tasting notes
  • “Received this in sample form from Adagio. Didn't love it the first time I tried it - that was hot, steeped 9+ minutes because I forgot about it... This, I've iced with a bit of sugar and added a...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A delicious blend of natural fruits and spices that brews up a mouthwatering cup of herbal tea. Entirely caffeine free, it holds a special appeal for kids and sweet-toothed adults. Yet contains no sugar or other sweeteners. The flavor is all natural, emanating from orange peels, hibiscus flowers, apple pieces, rose hip and safflower. Highly addictive; Please proceed with caution!

About Adagio Teas View company

This is good hot, But I like it better iced. It’s a little strong and tangy and so melted ice dilutes it quite nicely.

This tea is a citrus sensation. It tastes like a a light, white tea with a huge amount of lemon. The verdict is still out, I’ll have to give it another try.

I actually thought this was pretty decent. It has a nice orange flavor. It may be a little tart, but I could see it being really good cold with a little sugar. I’d buy it again if I got a good deal on it.

Fruit Sangrea was my favorite herbal that I had bought fron Adagio before, but I grabbed a sample of Blood Orange with an order of pumpkin spice and I was really impressed by it. It’s got a very nice tang that finishes off with a bit of sweetness. It smells wonderful, too! I only steeped it for five minutes, at first, but 7+ is best, I think. I’m not sure what temperature would be best- I’ve only use boiling water with it so far, but it’s turned out just fine. Overall I really like it.

I got it as a sample when I ordered another set of tea from Adagio. Mostly because I love blood oranges. It smells utterly delicious and I was really excited to try it. It says steep anywhere between 5-10 minutes, so I let it have its way as I cleaned a bit.

It’s a bit too sour for my tastes (that rose hip is super strong), but I just had it straight up and put in a lot of tea for one cup. Might be adding some of my raw sugar to it on a second go-around, and will try it iced another time.

The hibiscus note is very overwhelming, it’s about the only thing that I can truly taste. Its very much on the herbal side, the orange comes in at the end, just very faintly.

Its a bit on the tart side, so I very lightly sweeten the tea further.

Pleasant, but a bit mild in flavor. Next time I’ll try using a bit more and/or a longer steep to see if i can get a stronger tasting drink.

Boiling 8 min or more

Glad it was just a sample. I would rather lick my dog’s foot than put this in my mouth. In fact I can say the same about the sour apple in the same pack… I’m not brave enough to try the rasberry patch since it smells like cough drops. If you like really icky candy type fruit go for it. If not than don’t waste your money.

Boiling

It looked beautiful. It smelled amazing while dry. I steeped it for the suggested time of 10 minutes. After steeping, the colour was amazing but the drink itself smelled vaguely of bruised or rotting oranges. The hibiscus did very little except colour it. The rosehips overwhelmed while the oranges underwhelmed. Generic orange flavors with none of berry notes of good moro blood oranges. Highly disappointing as a tea, but I think I can use it for another culinary application. I’m planning to hydrate, candy, and then chop the dry tea and add it to the dough of a rich butter cookie, which I think will be a lovely way to redeem the rest of this sample.

Boiling 8 min or more

I loved the look and fragrance of this Blood Orange by Adagio. I enjoyed the tart true taste. The flavor is strong which i liked.