Chamomile

Herbal Tea
Grass, Musty
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Chamomile and honey. Way too sweet, but that's medicine for you. At least it beats NyQuil. Vocal rest tomorrow, hiding for the weekend, and maybe I'll be able to talk come Monday.” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes
  • “I can't say I'm surprised Chamomile is kinda divisive. It has a very distinctly sweet floral apple and honey. But it's grown on me over time, and it's pretty much comfort in a cup. Like, there is...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown, 189. Backlog from last night (no, I'm not having chamomile tea first thing in the morning). I've made my peace with chamomile in blends, and learned to enjoy its appley, slightly...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1979 tasting notes
  • “Woah. So this is the last tea that rounds off the loose teas that I have in my cupboard that I've tasted in their bagged incarnations. And this one is probably one of the most different. I...” Read full tasting note
    teaplz 186 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

The finest chamomile flowers in the world come from the Nile River Valley of Egypt. Considered a remedy for all ills by the ancient Egyptians, this golden herb remains a modern favorite to promote calm and relieve anxiety. When steeped, these fragrant blossoms smell of freshly cut apples and produce a rich, golden cup with superior flavor. This caffeine free herbal infusion is delicious served with honey.

About Adagio Teas View company

would like to start by saying i rated it low(ish) because i do not like the taste of chamomile, just personal preference i guess, as it seems like it has a taste which some could enjoy

kind of sweetish flowery taste… not really sure how to explain taste….the smell and the taste are perfect mirror imo

i like the relaxing effect drinking it gives and apparently the vitamin A in its good for you so i may order more, i currently mix it with a decaf vanilla tea to make the taste acceptable (to me)

I usually really enjoy Chamomile, so I ordered some from Adagio. To my disgust it was musty and grassy, rather than lightly sweet and floral. Thinking I maybe had a bad batch, I ordered some in a coffee shop that served Adagio teas. It was again musty and grassy. Thanks, but I’ll go back to my bagged varieties.

Flavors: Grass, Musty

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Samples Only TTB
Continuing on with my taste comparison, this tea also tastes like celery, but with something else. I don’t know what, but once again odd.
I now added honey, but added to much considering theres only about 1/4 of a cup in my cup so it just tastes like honey. Ah well, better than celery.

Arshness

Okay that is really, really strange! I the Adagio kind is Egyptian and it is far sweeter than the German by comparison.
I have never heard anyone register Chamomile as celery before… Are you sure it’s not a contamination of your water or teaware?
Just… odd.

Mandy

I mean it’s possible, but I used the same stuff I always do and nothing before or after tasted like celery lol. I found it really weird that I tasted something so far from what everyone else tastes but they both tasted like it, idk it was the darnest thing.

Arshness

I am fascinated by how different your tastes are from mine. :) It’s really interesting. Chamomile is like sweet butter to me.

SIPDOWN (122)

GOOD RIDDANCE.
I’ve had this tea for foreveeeerrr
I decided to just turn this package upsidedown, along with a sipdown with my peppermint that I got the same day. This was from summer of last year so not too old, but definitely older than a lot of my other teas!

Cheri

Chamomile on its own just isn’t very good. It needs something to go with it for sure.

I really liked it but there was a lot of the stems to which I didn’t care for during clean up. Other than that I did enjoy it’s sweet simplicity.

I had never had plain chamomile before this that wasn’t a teabag and I will NEVER go back! This smells floral and soothing and tastes heavenly with a drop of honey!

My past experience with chamomile teas (usually bagged) were that they tasted too medicinal for my liking, almost like a calming elixir you force on yourself when you are sick or need to relax before bed. That is not the case with Adagio’s chamomile! My husband and I each had a cup, mine with honey and his without, wonderful both ways.

I’ve never had a chamomile tea before. I’ve been avoiding it because I’m a bit wary of herbal infusions until recently. But I got this as a sample with a bulk order I did on Adagio, so it was a good time to overcome my chamomile apprehension.

Out of the bag, this smells very strong, an herby kind of caramel notion. I really don’t know how else to describe it, and I’m a little intimidated. It looks pretty cool, though. I steep it for the recommended five minutes, and taste it…

It tastes great! Very sweet and altogether quite agreeable. I’m feeling pretty relaxed right now too. NIce.

This sachet was included as a sample with one of my orders from Adagio. I have to say, it has been sitting on my counter forever since I didn’t think I would like it. I tend not to like anything overwhelmingly floral. Since I had never actually tried chamomile by itself though, I really have no bias as to what it should taste like. The chamomile is in one of my favorite blends though, and I’m trying to get better at picking out individual taste notes, so I decided today would be as good a day as any to give it a go.

I liked this much more than I anticipated. As for the flavor, I am really lost as to how I want to describe it. Very herby after taste. While it’s not something I would routinely drink by itself, I can now better appreciate it in the blends I like.

I haven’t had much chamomile tea. The aroma reminded me of meadows in Spring. It tasted a little too floral for me. Perhaps I would like it better blended with another herbal tea.