Dewy Cherry

Fruit Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Adagio Teas

A delicious blend of natural fruits and spices that brews up a mouthwatering cup of herbal tea. Entirely caffeine free, it holds a special appeal for kids and sweet-toothed adults. Yet contains no sugar or other sweeteners. The flavor is all natural, emanating from sour cherries, apples, orange peels, rosehip, and hibiscus flowers. Highly addictive; Please proceed with caution!

About Adagio Teas View company

Again I have no tasting notes of this? Well, it was at my desk at work and this is a sip down so out of my cupboard it goes.

I might actually think about reordering this someday, when my stash is under control. The sour cherry flavour compliments the hibiscus if you add a bit of sugar and it turns out quite nice and isn’t completely in your face although it was a little for me here because I overleafed it a bit to get the rest of the tea out (there wasn’t enough for another cup).

All in all, this is my favourite of the old Adagio fruit tea sampler.

Terri HarpLady

I bet it would be good over ice!

I tried this herbal for the first time last night. It was a little too late to drink anything with caffeine, and I was struggling with a sweet craving. Dewy Cherry was the perfect choice!

The aroma of this herbal tea dry is mouthwatering! Once steeped, the aroma is a little less strong but still lovely. From first to last sip this herbal is all cherry all the time. It’s sweet without being sugary and it has just the right amount of tang. Remember Luden’s cough drops? Just like that in the best possible way!

MaddHatter

oooh Yumm!!!

This is a great cherry flavored tea. Sweet and tart and yum just the way it is. I only steeped 3 minutes as the brew was getting very crimson, almost the color of a deep red wine.

So a fun note about this one, it is a huge hit with my toddler. He takes a huge drink then goes ahhhhh. It’s pretty funny to watch.

I don’t let him have juice so blends like this are a good alternative for him. I may keep the last bit of this sample for him to drink this summer.

I love fruit teas, this one has a very pleasant cherry flavor, a bit on the sweeter side as opposed to tart which is just the way I like it! Has a very nice, reddish color. Also perfect with a tiny bit of brandy. :)

Jenn

I have to try this one!

TeaBrat

It is very nice!

Jenn

I just tried this one last night and I love it! Good recomendation :)

I ordered this mostly so I could try mixing it with other teas. But I wanted to try a cup of it straight up first in order to get a feel for the flavor.

Appearance: Thick red liquor that smells like sour cherries.

Taste: What else can I say about this other than… it tastes like dried cherries. I mean, I know that’s exactly what it is, but it really, really tastes like it. It’s sweet and a little tart. A bit too potent for me as is, but I think it’ll be wonderful with both rich black teas and green oolongs. Excited to go all ‘mad scientist’ with this one!

Very sweet, but not too sugary. I love it because I can’t drink caffeinated tea’s and it still has plenty of flavor. I also mix it with a white tea when I want something a little more mellow, but with less caffeine then straight white tea.

If you like cherries, the aroma is amazing, both dry and wet. It has a nice, tart cherry flavor, and isn’t too sweet at all. Just the way I like my fruit tisanes.

This is seriously wonderful cherry tea. Yes, it SMELLS like cherry cough drops (not a bad thing to me) but it tastes like cherry straight up. I’ve used it flavor my oatmeal even! I use fruit teas to blend, and this is my favorite.

Samples Only TTB

I have to say, I didn’t like this at first sip but it grew on me.

The aroma out of the bag isn’t overwhelming. This tea doesn’t really wow you until it’s finished brewing. Steep it long enough to let the fruit and flowers do their work. In my cup, this had a gorgeous aroma which I pondered over long enough to identify. It reminds me of when one is making cherry jello, the way it smells when you add the hot water to the powder before progressing to other stages. It smells delicious and reminds me of childhood.

At first sip, it was a sour, tangy nose with a sweet, lingering tail.
The amount of sugar in my cup grew slowly with subsequent sips until I found it to my liking (at closer to 3t, which is way more than I usually like in any tea, albeit this being for a 16 ounce mug) At this point, the tea is delightful! It’s sweet with a sour and tangy middle, but the nose is purely sweet and fruity and the tail lingers with the same. It creates a little tangy burst in the middle and this is how the rose hips truly shine; as an accent rather than a feature.

I am honestly growing to dislike rose hips and hibiscus in tea because the tangy sour flavors just don’t do it for me… But sugared more than normal, they can be quite delightful. I wonder if some of the other teas I’ve found to be too sour would have tasted better if I’d sweetened them more. I like to avoid too much extra sugar, but some teas may not be able to really stand on their own without it. However, this one becomes a delight with enough sugar, so I am afraid I must make an exception.

I may well purchase some of this in the future from Adagio.

Flavors: Cherry, Floral, Flowers, Fruity, Hibiscus, Pleasantly Sour, Red Fruits, Rosehips, Round , Sweet, Tangy

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML