Dewy Cherry

Fruit Tea
Cherry, Floral, Flowers, Fruity, Hibiscus, Pleasantly Sour, Red Fruits, Rosehips, Round , Sweet, Tangy
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Adagio Teas

A delicious blend of natural fruits and spices that brews up a mouthwatering cup of herbal tea. Entirely caffeine free, it holds a special appeal for kids and sweet-toothed adults. Yet contains no sugar or other sweeteners. The flavor is all natural, emanating from sour cherries, apples, orange peels, rosehip, and hibiscus flowers. Highly addictive; Please proceed with caution!

About Adagio Teas View company

Sipdown! (195)
Thank you 221tea for sending this sample to me! I’m always curious about the base teas Adagio uses since I only buy the blends. This one was a nice fruity mix that my daughter and I drank all afternoon as iced tea. It was a little tart with the hibiscus but not terribly so, and I could have added agave if it was really bad. We drank it up so quickly – that’s a good sign! I’m glad I got to try it, and if the price is reasonable, I’d consider getting more some time! (If I’m doing an adagio order anyway… I def wouldn’t do it JUST for this tea. :P)

Used to hate cherries. Didn’t even like cherry candy anything. But as with most adults my tastes have changed and some how I ended up finding myself liking them. Well…. kinda. I prefer the sour ones. Like in this tea.

The dry smell is great. Would make a great potpourri. But is better as a tea. I didn’t pick up much from the brewed smell. The taste isn’t quite what I thought it was going to be but I’m still enjoying it. Fruity yes but the sour cherry isn’t as present as I thought it would be. Good hot but I like it better lukewarm.

165 °F / 73 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp

This tea is lovely. I am pretty picky about my herbal teas, I like the fruit to actually taste like the fruit I am drinking…silly me. Adagio’s herbals are generally pretty solid since they are basically dried fruit.

This cherry blend didn’t let me down. The cherry tastes natural and a bit on the tart side. I also tried it with a healthy dose of sugar the second time and it tasted a bit like cherry pie. Yum.

I really enjoyed this tea iced, though I was surprised at how sweet it was. Definitely not a sour cherry flavor, which is fine, but anyone looking for that be warned! I personally prefer a more sour, tart flavor from these kinds of herbal teas.

I’m tasting this side-by-side with Tea Forte’s Cherry Cosmo, which I’ve had numerous times over the last few months and like very much. They are VERY similar. If I didn’t have them side-by-side, I would be hard-pressed to tell the difference.

Both steep to a beautiful dark pink liquor. Both have a strong candy cherry taste. The major difference is the Adagio is far less tart and less stringent. The Adagio definitely wins (and as a bonus, it’s half the price of the Tea Forte)!

Ive had a couple of cups since writing the review above and it’s become my new favorite. I had the last cup this morning from the sample I ordered last week and have already ordered more (and had to restrain myself from having it shipped overnight!). Anyway…came back to up the rating and add a few more notes…

If you are expecting this to taste even remotely like tea, you will be extremely disappointed. It’s not a tea. It’s not supposed to taste like tea. It tastes like hot cherry Koolaid-Aid. Or a cherry Lifesaver dissolved in hot water. It’s a cup of candy (especially if you add as much sugar as I do). So don’t knock it for not tasting like tea!

Usually, I love anything cherry. But this… it was just not what I was hoping for. The cherry taste seemed way too strong and artificial. I was reminded of cherry cold medicine and never finished my sample tin.