Dewy Cherry

Fruit Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Adagio Teas

A delicious blend of natural fruits and spices that brews up a mouthwatering cup of herbal tea. Entirely caffeine free, it holds a special appeal for kids and sweet-toothed adults. Yet contains no sugar or other sweeteners. The flavor is all natural, emanating from sour cherries, apples, orange peels, rosehip, and hibiscus flowers. Highly addictive; Please proceed with caution!

About Adagio Teas View company

Samples Only TTB

I have to say, I didn’t like this at first sip but it grew on me.

The aroma out of the bag isn’t overwhelming. This tea doesn’t really wow you until it’s finished brewing. Steep it long enough to let the fruit and flowers do their work. In my cup, this had a gorgeous aroma which I pondered over long enough to identify. It reminds me of when one is making cherry jello, the way it smells when you add the hot water to the powder before progressing to other stages. It smells delicious and reminds me of childhood.

At first sip, it was a sour, tangy nose with a sweet, lingering tail.
The amount of sugar in my cup grew slowly with subsequent sips until I found it to my liking (at closer to 3t, which is way more than I usually like in any tea, albeit this being for a 16 ounce mug) At this point, the tea is delightful! It’s sweet with a sour and tangy middle, but the nose is purely sweet and fruity and the tail lingers with the same. It creates a little tangy burst in the middle and this is how the rose hips truly shine; as an accent rather than a feature.

I am honestly growing to dislike rose hips and hibiscus in tea because the tangy sour flavors just don’t do it for me… But sugared more than normal, they can be quite delightful. I wonder if some of the other teas I’ve found to be too sour would have tasted better if I’d sweetened them more. I like to avoid too much extra sugar, but some teas may not be able to really stand on their own without it. However, this one becomes a delight with enough sugar, so I am afraid I must make an exception.

I may well purchase some of this in the future from Adagio.

Flavors: Cherry, Floral, Flowers, Fruity, Hibiscus, Pleasantly Sour, Red Fruits, Rosehips, Round , Sweet, Tangy

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Sipdown! (195)
Thank you 221tea for sending this sample to me! I’m always curious about the base teas Adagio uses since I only buy the blends. This one was a nice fruity mix that my daughter and I drank all afternoon as iced tea. It was a little tart with the hibiscus but not terribly so, and I could have added agave if it was really bad. We drank it up so quickly – that’s a good sign! I’m glad I got to try it, and if the price is reasonable, I’d consider getting more some time! (If I’m doing an adagio order anyway… I def wouldn’t do it JUST for this tea. :P)

Used to hate cherries. Didn’t even like cherry candy anything. But as with most adults my tastes have changed and some how I ended up finding myself liking them. Well…. kinda. I prefer the sour ones. Like in this tea.

The dry smell is great. Would make a great potpourri. But is better as a tea. I didn’t pick up much from the brewed smell. The taste isn’t quite what I thought it was going to be but I’m still enjoying it. Fruity yes but the sour cherry isn’t as present as I thought it would be. Good hot but I like it better lukewarm.

165 °F / 73 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp

This tea is lovely. I am pretty picky about my herbal teas, I like the fruit to actually taste like the fruit I am drinking…silly me. Adagio’s herbals are generally pretty solid since they are basically dried fruit.

This cherry blend didn’t let me down. The cherry tastes natural and a bit on the tart side. I also tried it with a healthy dose of sugar the second time and it tasted a bit like cherry pie. Yum.

I really enjoyed this tea iced, though I was surprised at how sweet it was. Definitely not a sour cherry flavor, which is fine, but anyone looking for that be warned! I personally prefer a more sour, tart flavor from these kinds of herbal teas.

I’m tasting this side-by-side with Tea Forte’s Cherry Cosmo, which I’ve had numerous times over the last few months and like very much. They are VERY similar. If I didn’t have them side-by-side, I would be hard-pressed to tell the difference.

Both steep to a beautiful dark pink liquor. Both have a strong candy cherry taste. The major difference is the Adagio is far less tart and less stringent. The Adagio definitely wins (and as a bonus, it’s half the price of the Tea Forte)!

Ive had a couple of cups since writing the review above and it’s become my new favorite. I had the last cup this morning from the sample I ordered last week and have already ordered more (and had to restrain myself from having it shipped overnight!). Anyway…came back to up the rating and add a few more notes…

If you are expecting this to taste even remotely like tea, you will be extremely disappointed. It’s not a tea. It’s not supposed to taste like tea. It tastes like hot cherry Koolaid-Aid. Or a cherry Lifesaver dissolved in hot water. It’s a cup of candy (especially if you add as much sugar as I do). So don’t knock it for not tasting like tea!

Usually, I love anything cherry. But this… it was just not what I was hoping for. The cherry taste seemed way too strong and artificial. I was reminded of cherry cold medicine and never finished my sample tin.