Fruit Medley

Fruit Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “Tea #8 from the 'Here's Hoping' teabox. Last tea before bed. I have to say that today has been a highly enjoyable tea day. After having so much caffeine I knew my last tea would have to be an...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 479 tasting notes
  • “Trying this with more of the fruit mixture to see how it compares with last night's endeavor. As expected, the liquor is a darker red. But it doesn't approach the magenta of most hibiscus...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 939 tasting notes
  • “I drank this tea last night as my caffeine free herbal. Hibiscus is the dominant flavor here - but I am on of the few here on steepster that are okay with that flavor. I like this alright - but...” Read full tasting note
    Ellyn 217 tasting notes
  • “Thanks for including this one in our trade, Starfevre! I was hoping there wouldn't be so much hibiscus in this one. I steeped it for 10 minutes (which I know makes the hibiscus taste even more...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1097 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Fruit Medley or Fruit Sangria is a delicious blend of natural fruits and spices that brews up a mouthwatering cup of herbal tea. Entirely caffeine free, it holds a special appeal for kids and sweet-toothed adults. Yet contains no sugar or other sweeteners. The flavor is all natural, emanating from a mix of raspberry, strawberry, hibiscus flowers, blackberry, apples, rose hips, elderberry and bilberry. Highly addictive; Please proceed with caution!

About Adagio Teas View company

I first stumbled upon this tea in Whole Foods. They have it in the tins under the name of Fruit Sangria. I bought the tin & wished I had bought more!

First off, this tea doesn’t work well for me hot. I can only drink it iced. And I love it! No sugar or sweetners needed. Just natural on its own. I’ve been making it iced all summer & it’s been a big hit. Now when people come over they naturally expect it to be in my fridge.

For the record, I went through about 4 pounds of this tea in one month. I will definitely need to stock up on it before next summer!

I got this in the mail from wombatgirl today! Thank you!

The dry mixture (dry tisane? Is that an oxymoron?) smells very fruity, as it should. It steeps to a nice pink/red color. It smells like warm cherries, and tastes like very tart cough syrup. How unfortunate.

Even though I didn’t particularly care for it, it’s not a bad flavor. It’s incredibly fruity and tart, so I’m sure somebody would like it. I’m glad I had this experience, because now I know what I don’t like. So once again, thank you, wombatgirl!

This was a very light and refreshing cup. Suggested if you want a more intense fruit taste: be more liberal with the fruit or the steep time. Great aroma throughout almost all of the drinking process.

Goes well with a sandwich or bagel.

1st Attempt as Iced Tea = FAILED! For some reason, it just came out WAY too weak. I’ll need to figure out how to cool the tea down quickly without adding any additional water or ice though.

Jamie King

Surprisingly I don’t think this works well iced either. One would think this would be made to be iced, but the taste completely changes cold, and not for the better IMHO.

This caffeine-free gem is one of my go-to blends when I need a refresher mid-day.

That’s a lot of hyphens…

I love this herbal tea hot or iced. It brews bold either way. I always get a strong hint of cherry, even though it’s not listed in the ingredients. I also get strawberry, hibiscus and apple. A few reviewers on other sites claim it tastes like medicine…I have had a few teas that give that impression, but this is not one of them.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Cavocorax

Welcome to Steepster! I’m a johnlock fangirl as well so you are more than welcome here. :D We’ve even got a steepster fanfic discussion going on in the forums if you dare to go there.

If you have any questions about anything let me know! There’s tons of great people here.

221tea

Thanks Cavocorax! I would definitely dare to go there! I have not ventured into the forums yet, but I will keep an eye out for that thread when I do!

I really enjoyed this. It is simple and straightforward – makes a great cold steeped iced tea that is tart and juicy without being overly sour. I can’t pick out specific fruit beyond a berry taste, but it isn’t something I mind all that much to be honest.

Iced 8 min or more 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I almost exclusively use this as an add in to other teas. The mixture is a bit too sour for me when I brew it alone.

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

General Review:
I LOVE THIS TEA! This is my go-to night night tea. It is strong (I like to say “thick”)! Also, it is sweet even without adding honey or sugar! I once steeped this tea for 30 minutes on accident and it tasted fine :) It’s a great “easy to make” tea. I bought the 16 ounce bag of this and I have no regrets. I am about half way through the bag. If you like Tazo Passion, I would try this :).

P.S. I think this tastes nothing like kool-aid….

A little tart for my taste. I sent this one on to a friend as I knew I would never finish it.

~1tsp for 8oz cup

I had this for breakfast at my friends house (wow does she have a nice tea selection!). She didn’t have a lot of it left so I didn’t put too much in the tea leaf ball. Can’t say I was super impressed with this tea, especially considering the name of it. I was expecting a lot of different fruit flavors, but I ended up not getting much of anything at all. Which was disappointing. IT HELD SUCH PROMISE!