Lemon Grass

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Dried lemon grass leaves to make a zesty, refreshing drink that is highly satisfying both hot and cold. A native of South East Asia, Lemon Grass was introduced to these parts with the growing popularity of Thai cuisine. It has a light lemony taste, with slight hint of ginger. And is known to lift a sagging spirit, as well as aid digestion. Recent studies also show that Lemon Grass has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. Best of all, it tastes great. If you have yet to try it, we recommend it highly. Naturally caffeine-free.

About Adagio Teas View company

Mixed with hot chocolate tonight. an interesting flavor but good!

from the Traveling Tea Box :)
another nightly cup of herbal. fresh and warm in the late evening.
sorry i’ve been neglecting you steepster :(
but lately i’m really into my dance class and finishing up marathon training and my new kindle and not hanging up my laundry and never getting enough sleep instead.

Arrrr, it be Talk Like a Pirate Day, mateys! I sailed the Seven Seas today, and came home too late for messin’ about with the likes of the Captain or Mermaids, so I be settlin’ for a tisane fer tonight. Gots to swing in me bunk in a few hours. Arrrrr!

I’d been seein’ here and tharrrr mentions o’ this herb called lemon grass. On me last raid o’ Adagio’s site, I raided a sample fer me treasure chest!

Smells o’ lemon, indeed it does. And looks like the grass what’s been stuffed in my mattress in the Captain’s quarters. Smells better though. I supposed they washed it, shiver me timbers!

Brewed, it be golden, and it tastes fairly good. Not a keg o’ rum by any means, but tolerable. Definitely something I’d take from a rich merchant vessel sailin’ back fro’ tha Indies!

Arrrrrrr!

Bonnie

Arrrr! it be Talk like a Pirate’s Day like ye says, Matey! I be Hook! Hand over thar lemon grass tea! Off to the plank with ye Arrrrr!

Angrboda

This made me smile. :)

Skulleigh

hehe, thanks, you two :D

I think this might be the last one that I’m trying from Tea Box B… it has been fun! I just spent the day choosing teas, putting them in the box. There is so much more tea I want to add… no roooom! Even though I removed two sandwich bags full of teas.

Anyway, this one is pleasant! I can see where the lemon in lemongrass comes from. It’s fresh and sweet… I’m surprised lemongrass hasn’t been used more in other blends! The perfect finish to my teabox sipping! Now to get it in the mail at some point…

I ate too much tonight at the Italian place we went to. Ugh. Still, I am celebrating a 10 lb weight loss as of yesterday, and I don’t think one night is going to be enough to sabotage it completely. I’m also feeling pretty good because I finished a pro bono project today and turned in my research. And I’m looking forward to going to sleep as soon as I say that I had sort of been hoarding this, which is the last of the Adagio herbal samples, and now I remember why.

It deserves a higher rating and I’m giving it a bump. It’s a very gentle, almost vague, herbally lemon, not a fruity one, but it doesn’t push any of my buttons. No bitterness, no soapiness, no unmitigated tartness, no random un-named unpleasantness.

In the grand scheme of things it’s something I wouldn’t mind having in my cupboard, but not until I’ve determined there isn’t a pure lemongrass I like better from another vendor. (Perhaps lemongrass is lemongrass is lemongrass, but how will I know unless I try ALL THE LEMONGRASS?)

NayLynn

Congrats!

jump62359

Aww congrats!!
I’ve had my lemongrass for a while but I’ve actually never had it alone!? I’ve blended it with the rest of my herbals haha. I’ll definitely try it on its own sometime soon :)

Anna

That last sentence totally nails it.

Ubacat

Congrats on the weight loss!

__Morgana__

Thanks all! And haha Anna!

This was a great tea with a pleasant lemon-y taste that had just a bit of bite to it. Very smooth on the palate with a great aroma and not too grassy, but with just enough to keep it earthy tasting.

I brewed my small pot of lemon grass for 8 minutes; it steeped to a nice medium brown cup that smelled grassy and lemony. I added a teaspoon of honey (probably unnecessary, since I think it muted some of the lemon grass flavor). Lovely light grassy aroma.

Boiling 8 min or more

GCTTB Rd 3:

Mixed this with Adagio’s Wild Strawberry for a tea version of strawberry lemonade. You can see my review here: http://steepster.com/rachel12610/posts/255000

Tea.
Lemon Grass.
Sipdown.

Finishing off my last sip now aaand GOODBYE!!

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 2 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

I imagine it will be great blended with other teas or tisanes, however, on its own it is very grassy tasting (surprise).