Sweet Nothings

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Lisa (harmony_bites)

• “I treated myself to the V-day tea set which includes this white tea wonder. I started with Ripe for Romance, which is basically raspberry and chocolate...and not too impressive. But this one......” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “Tried a cup of this a couple of nights ago. I actually bought this set a while back, but have only just got around to opening it. I know, bad hoarding tendancies a go-go. Anyway, the first sniff...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 685 tasting notes
  • “Aahhhhh I finally have some time before work to just chill. And I must say it's amazing. I wanted something I that I haven't had in a while so I picked this. It still has the lovely soft peach...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 746 tasting notes
  • “I was able to grab the trio of Valentine's Days tea on sale a few months after the holiday itself, and this was the tea I was least excited about. As far as I can tell, the base is the same white...” Read full tasting note
    flowering 1102 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

This is one of the teas in their Valentine’s Day tea pack:
-Hugs & Kisses
-Ripe for Romance
-Sweet Nothings
Ingredients: white tea, sunflower petals, lavender buds, apricot bits, peach flavor.

Steeping:
180 F/20 C
3 minutes

About Adagio Teas View company

I treated myself to the V-day tea set which includes this white tea wonder. I started with Ripe for Romance, which is basically raspberry and chocolate…and not too impressive. But this one… totally different experience!

I tend to prefer green and/or white teas, so perhaps that’s the reason I adore this one. (Ripe for Romance contains black tea.)

The ingredients are weird – lavender and peach? Are you crazy?! But the end result is a flavorful bouquet of sweet peach and a hint of floral. I mainly taste the peach/apricot. After sipping there is a hint of lavender/floral on your tongue, but I wouldn’t call this a lavender tea by any means.

It’s light and delicate, a great afternoon tea – especially for those who are trying to cut back on caffeine (currently under a threat by my doctor). I imagine this would taste nice iced as well but it’s far too cold outside to think about that right now!

Tried a cup of this a couple of nights ago. I actually bought this set a while back, but have only just got around to opening it. I know, bad hoarding tendancies a go-go. Anyway, the first sniff reminds me very strongly of Adagio Peach Oolong, which I didn’t like at all. The peach was so artificial, even the smell of it made me nauseous. It’s very similar here, although there’s a hint of apricot too. Not that that makes it better, just very slightly different. I gave it a chance anyway, and brewed up a cup.

Fortunately, it’s not as strong to taste as the scent might indicate. The peach and apricot flavouring is hopelessly artificial, but it doesn’t quite ruin this one for me. The white base, which is white peony as far as I can discern, contribuutes a delicate floral flavour and a slightly savoury edge to what would otherwise be a ridiculously sweet, chemically tea. The lavender also helps a little, although it’s pretty hard to pick out at times. I wouldn’t say I really like this tea, but it’s okay. I’ll probably finish the tin, but doubtless it’ll take me a while. Not really a winner with me.

Aahhhhh I finally have some time before work to just chill. And I must say it’s amazing. I wanted something I that I haven’t had in a while so I picked this. It still has the lovely soft peach flavors. I really like this tea. And the leaves are beautiful to look at.

I was able to grab the trio of Valentine’s Days tea on sale a few months after the holiday itself, and this was the tea I was least excited about. As far as I can tell, the base is the same white peony tea that is used in all of Adagio’s blends, so I was not particularly excited — I generally find these teas to have an almost indetectible amount of fruit taste, and the base itself tastes very unusual to me, in a bad way.

I enjoy this more than Adagio’s other flavored whites, fortunately. This is primarily because the flavoring is stronger, perhaps due to the fact that there are multiple additions (lavender pieces, apricot pieces, and peach flavor). It’s a pleasant combination, especially if you’re like me and love the way flowers and fruit tend to go together. Still, better than something I dislike doesn’t mean great, and the tea overall falls short due to the mediocre base. Don’t get me wrong, I do intend to finish this (especially since I don’t have any other whites at the moment) but it’s nothing special.

I’ve also noticed that the base becomes more prominent as the tea cools, which is really too bad — it might have made a nice summer iced tea!

The leaf is pretty, however!

KeenTeaThyme

To spruce up the flavor, try adding some green rooibos – either “plain” or the Adagio green rooibos bonita. I too am not a big fan of Adagio’s flavored white teas, but adding a little extra tea sweetness makes it easier to drink.

Adeline

Ooh, that sounds like a yummy combo! I’ll have to remember to get some green rooibos soon.

Can’t write much of a review, taking a really quick break from writing, but wanted to get this down before I forget.

Ok, dry smell: nice, sweet, but not overkill. I think maybe I’ll try the 175 F setting next time, or maybe use the stove top kettle since I got a Tea Thermometer, makes it easier.

At this moment, I cannot say I am at all impressed with this tea, it’s ok tasting but kind of bland. But maybe it’ll be different next time.

This is probably one of the best-smelling teas I’ve ever had. It smells like flowers and fruit and has a gentle flavor that would be good any time of day. I keep trying to figure out how to describe the flavor and I keep coming back to gentle and light. A little bit fruity, a little bit floral, mostly nice white tea.

It’s definitely a tea that should be lingered over, which is why I’m drinking it now (I’m having a slow Monday and I got a good amount of sleep last night so I’m not dying for caffeine). I only have my very basic electric kettle with me right now so I wound up boiling my water and waiting for it to cool; I think I let it cool a little too much and it would be a bit more powerful if I’d actually used 180 degree water instead of whatever I did use.