Pina Colada

Fruit Herbal Blend
Coconut, Pineapple, Candy, Cranberry, Fruity, Raspberry, Rosehips
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Boiling 7 min, 30 sec 9 oz / 275 ml

• “PiNa CoLaDa! Too much hibby!!!! yikes. but then I added some honey and it mellowed out a bit. Still super tart, but not in a sour kid way anymore. Anyhow, thanks so much for the sample...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1448 tasting notes
  • “I’ve heard terrible things about this tea, so it was with trepidation that I opened the packet. I think we’re okay, though. I can smell warm, ripe pineapple, coconut, and a sort of...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1288 tasting notes
  • “This is the lowest rating I have ever left for a tea and the only tea I have ever had to dump out but only after gagging on it. I honestly am so so sorry Adagio all of your other teas have been...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “Pina Colada night, apparently. Went out for drinks for a friend’s birthday and had a virgin one (I was driving), and came home and decided to brew up the three different versions I have to...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2972 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A delicious blend of natural fruits and spices that brews up a mouthwatering cup of herbal tea. Entirely caffeine free, it holds a special appeal for kids and sweet-toothed adults. Yet contains no sugar or other sweeteners. The flavor is all natural, emanating from a mix of ripe pineapple, savory coconut, fresh apples, rose hip and hibiscus flowers. Highly addictive; Please proceed with caution!

About Adagio Teas View company

This tea might be good as a hot (ahem… iced) toddy, but by itself it does nothing for me. The hibiscus is overwhelming. especially since I don’t like my teas or tisanes to be tart. It does smell and taste a bit like a fruity alcoholic drink, though, so maybe I’ll just throw some vodka in it.

The reviews I have read for pina colada are mixed, so I was not sure what to expect. I enjoyed the smell as soon as I opened the package. After letting it steep for 7 minutes, I took my first sip. I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed this herbal! It’s not the best I have ever had, but it certainly is not the worst. I didn’t notice a particular flavor overpower another. The pineapple and coconut worked well together. I will definitely consider ordering again.

Flavors: Coconut, Pineapple

Not My Cup Of Tea #6

I thought this might be a good afternoon snack type of tea and so I brewed it up at lunch time in one of my Nordic mugs, stuck it in my brand new Davids Tea Carry Travel Mug and then sat it at my desk until I was ready for it a couple of hours later. I’m not sure if the tea was bad or if it was the new Carry Travel Mug but something tasted like soap and plastic when I finally got round to drinking this… There was a decent amount of hibiscus, a touch of coconut and a whole ton of soap and plastic…. blegh! Back into the box this one goes!!!

update… ok, I’ve brewed something else in the Travel Mug and I’m going to admit, some of the plastic taste seems to have come directly from it…. BUT the majority seems to be the tea… oh well… double boo on the plastic tasting David’s carry travel tea mug tho!!

Maddy Barone

Yeeou. I haven’t had trouble with any of my DAVID’s teaware. Hopefully the plastic-y taste will go away. :(

beelicious

I’ve never had issues either until now!! Hopefully a really good soak helps get rid off the plastic taste… I’ve definitely noticed the new carry travel tea mugs are not the same quality as the timolinos.

Yummy, candy-fruit flavor- a bit acidic, but a pleasant tartness. Definitely can taste the pineapple, coconut, maybe some cranberry and/or raspberry, but difficult to make out the Pina Colada taste. Still a really great fruity herbal tea!

—loose leaf w/ infuser
—1 tsp of rock sugar

I used 1 tsp of rock sugar- not sure how much I’m supposed to use, but seeing as it doesn’t hide the tea’s taste, it probably doesn’t matter..?

(I was a little disappointed in that it tasted very, very similar to Teavana’s “Wild Orange Blossoms” but seeing as that tea is so freaking good, it isn’t really a criticism I guess. I just kind of expected this one to have a separating, distinct taste but that’s okay.)

Flavors: Candy, Coconut, Cranberry, Fruity, Pineapple, Raspberry, Rosehips

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Not bad, but nothing to yell about, either. I have to limit my caffeine now so I tried some tisanes from Adagio; this was one of them.

As a changeup from the straight water I drink all day it’s good. But it’s not something I’d be sitting around and think “Hmm, some Pina Colada tisane sounds good…” about.

It’s okay.

Boiling 8 min or more

This is sooooo yummy! Very different from most fruit blends. Sort of a fruit punch type flavor, but with an interesting pineapple and coconut flavor. Has a tangy flavor that I can’t quite describe. The texture of the tea is a little thick and almost creamy feeling (I am guessing from the oil of the coconut). I will definitely be buying more of this one. Would probably be okay for most people without sweetener, but I did add some stevia.