Pina Colada

Fruit Herbal Blend
Candy, Coconut, Cranberry, Fruity, Pineapple, Raspberry, Rosehips
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Boiling 7 min, 30 sec 10 oz / 295 ml

• “PiNa CoLaDa! Too much hibby!!!! yikes. but then I added some honey and it mellowed out a bit. Still super tart, but not in a sour kid way anymore. Anyhow, thanks so much for the sample *Azzrian*!!...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1309 tasting notes
  • “I've heard terrible things about this tea, so it was with trepidation that I opened the packet. I think we're okay, though. I can smell warm, ripe pineapple, coconut, and a sort of slightly sour...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 988 tasting notes
  • “This is the lowest rating I have ever left for a tea and the only tea I have ever had to dump out but only after gagging on it. I honestly am so so sorry Adagio all of your other teas have been...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “Pina Colada night, apparently. Went out for drinks for a friend's birthday and had a virgin one (I was driving), and came home and decided to brew up the three different versions I have to...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A delicious blend of natural fruits and spices that brews up a mouthwatering cup of herbal tea. Entirely caffeine free, it holds a special appeal for kids and sweet-toothed adults. Yet contains no sugar or other sweeteners. The flavor is all natural, emanating from a mix of ripe pineapple, savory coconut, fresh apples, rose hip and hibiscus flowers. Highly addictive; Please proceed with caution!

About Adagio Teas View company

This tea might be good as a hot (ahem… iced) toddy, but by itself it does nothing for me. The hibiscus is overwhelming. especially since I don’t like my teas or tisanes to be tart. It does smell and taste a bit like a fruity alcoholic drink, though, so maybe I’ll just throw some vodka in it.

Yummy, candy-fruit flavor- a bit acidic, but a pleasant tartness. Definitely can taste the pineapple, coconut, maybe some cranberry and/or raspberry, but difficult to make out the Pina Colada taste. Still a really great fruity herbal tea!

—loose leaf w/ infuser
—1 tsp of rock sugar

I used 1 tsp of rock sugar- not sure how much I’m supposed to use, but seeing as it doesn’t hide the tea’s taste, it probably doesn’t matter..?

(I was a little disappointed in that it tasted very, very similar to Teavana’s “Wild Orange Blossoms” but seeing as that tea is so freaking good, it isn’t really a criticism I guess. I just kind of expected this one to have a separating, distinct taste but that’s okay.)

Flavors: Candy, Coconut, Cranberry, Fruity, Pineapple, Raspberry, Rosehips

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Not bad, but nothing to yell about, either. I have to limit my caffeine now so I tried some tisanes from Adagio; this was one of them.

As a changeup from the straight water I drink all day it’s good. But it’s not something I’d be sitting around and think “Hmm, some Pina Colada tisane sounds good…” about.

It’s okay.

Boiling 8 min or more

This is sooooo yummy! Very different from most fruit blends. Sort of a fruit punch type flavor, but with an interesting pineapple and coconut flavor. Has a tangy flavor that I can’t quite describe. The texture of the tea is a little thick and almost creamy feeling (I am guessing from the oil of the coconut). I will definitely be buying more of this one. Would probably be okay for most people without sweetener, but I did add some stevia.