Raspberry Patch

Fruit Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Light and sweet. First you get the sweetness of the apple and a hint of the raspberry. Then as the pink liquor travels back on your tongue you get more of the sour/bitter flavors of the cranberry...” Read full tasting note
    jason 113 tasting notes
  • “Funny thing is, this is a free sample from adagio. I would have never looked to purchase it. And, surprise twist, my boyfriend loves it! I'm not a hibiscus person, but he got one wiff of the bag...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 741 tasting notes
  • “Additional notes: Iced edition! This one is lovely iced. The sweetness of the apple cuts the tartness of the barely there hibiscus even more. The cran/raspberry gives it a fruit punch like...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1452 tasting notes
  • “Pretty sure this is the last fruit mix in my herbal sampler. I think the only sample left after this is lemongrass. It's pretty much indistinguishable from the other mixes in what it looks like...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A delicious blend of natural fruits and spices that brews up a mouthwatering cup of herbal tea. Entirely caffeine free, it holds a special appeal for kids and sweet-toothed adults. Yet contains no sugar or other sweeteners. The flavor is all natural, emanating from apple pieces, hibiscus flowers, cranberries and raspberries. Highly addictive; Please proceed with caution!

About Adagio Teas View company

Thanks Starberry for the sample!

MMMMMMM! This is what I was hoping to get when I tried the Trader Joe’s Pomegranate tea. Something light, with a bit of fruit flavor to it. I brought this to work with me wanting something different than what I currently have. It’s PERFECT for what I’m looking for in a work tea!

I didn’t get much smell out it after steeping. The initial sip gives you a hint of the raspberry and cranberry, with the hibiscus coming through more in the after taste. I’m not getting any bitterness like some people are describing, or tartness either for that matter. I did use one bag for my 16oz travel mug however,which is probably making this a lot lighter.

I need to pick some of this up!!

This is one of my favorite teasians. The sweet, but overpowering, flavor of the berries and apples is perfect for a mid-afternoon break. Normally I sweeten my tea with honey, but this delightful blend didn’t need any.

This herbal fruity tisane is delicious. I wasn’t feeling well after drinking some Yunnan Noir from Adagio in the a.m. without food (caffeine on an empty stomach? Eek!) so I made some raspberry patch and threw it in my Teas Etc. travel mug – wonderful! I felt better, I enjoyed this delicious fruity drink and it will probably be a staple in my cupboard. Even better when made iced!!

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more

Yum! This is strong (well, just right) if you brew it for 7 minutes, so if you want a lighter taste I would go for 5 minutes. It is tart, and I couldn’t detect any sweetness (although it was quite hot at the time so that could have affected my ability to taste it). I added a packet of Splenda and it was like kool aid for grown ups! I think it’s much better cooled, and will try it sans sweetener and chilled next time.

Definitely tastes like raspberry, however it is slightly tart by itself. It took 3/4 tsp of sugar to balance out the tartness for me and gave it a sweet taste.

If you like raspberries you’ll enjoy this.

Might be too sweet for me to drink regularly.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Some herbals pack a punch and some just gently land kisses on your forehead. This one is a forehead kisser. IT’s nice and light but still has enough flavor to make you feel like your not drinking flavored water. I was hoping for more raspberry flavor. Perhaps I shall go stick the remaining raspberries we have in our fridge into the tea. In fact I think I shall.

160 °F / 71 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp
Stephanie

haha forehead kisser

This is a great fruit tisane and the second time I’ve ordered it from Adagio. The raspberry flavor comes through just fine. With a bit of sugar, it’s a perfect sweet drink.

Ech, okay. I think I just need to accept the fact that fruity infusions are just not my thing, at least not hot. I’ve tried blending this one with black teas but have found it to be overpowering or overly tart. It might be nice with some green tea iced—I can see that being very refreshing. On its own, though, it’s more tempting to eat than to steep.

What a fantastic tea. I tried it for the first time four days ago at a tea bar and cannot stop drinking it. I’m hooked. :)

1940 tasting notes

This was a little more tart than I was expecting and I attribute a lot of that to the hibiscus. You can really taste the hibiscus in this and just a hint of raspberry. I was a little let down by the lack of raspberry flavor, since it is in the name I expected more, but overall this wasn’t bad at all. This was good hot, but even better iced with a hint of sugar to bring out the fruit flavors. I think this will make a nice refreshing summer time drink, but I don’t think I could drink this one every day.

I didn’t even bother with a resteep since my initial steep was 10 minutes. I also used 1 heaping tablespoon per 16oz rather than the suggested 2 teaspoons. I find that with many Adagio teas, especially the fruit blends, I need just a bit more loose tea and a longer steep time to get the flavor that I want.

Boiling 8 min or more