Sour Apple

Fruit Tea
Green Apple, Hibiscus, Sour, Apple
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “(backlogging from last night) I finally bought a scale, so I measured the amount of tea I've been putting in the Zarafina - 11.85 g for 16 oz of water (for the sour apple). A bit more tart than...” Read full tasting note
    denisenelsondavis 127 tasting notes
  • “I got this as a free sample in the last Adagio order I placed. Opening it - wow. That's sour. It almost reminds me of smelling a bag of Sour Patch Kids or Warheads. I love sour things, but I'm...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes
  • “So I tried this again, this time with a little more of the blend and with agave nectar. When it was still very hot, it was actually quite good! As it cooled, though, I didn't like it as much. ” Read full tasting note
    laurenpressley 796 tasting notes
  • “The smell of this one is more than just a little intimidating. It doesn't really scream apple to me; but it does taste good once steeped. The smell is perfume/chemical. The flavor is fruity though...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 535 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A delicious blend of natural fruits and spices that brews up a mouthwatering cup of herbal tea. Entirely caffeine free, it holds a special appeal for kids and sweet-toothed adults. Yet contains no sugar or other sweeteners. The flavor is all natural, emanating from apple pieces, hibiscus flowers and cranberries. Highly addictive; Please proceed with caution!

About Adagio Teas View company

This is a very unique herbal tea. It tastes strongly of hibiscus and sour apple candy. The apple flavor is rather artificial, but I still enjoyed it. It’s also a good tea for blending, which makes the artificial flavor less prominent.

Flavors: Green Apple, Hibiscus, Sour

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’ve had this tea a few times now… and unfortunately it is just very ehh to me. It tastes a lot like green apple jolly ranchers which is amazing for the first sip, but loses its novelty about a quarter of the way through the cup.
This is definitely a sour tea but the apple taste is undeniable.
Now, I must admit, the first time I tried this tea it was midday and I was dancing about the house with my mug and this tea hit the spot. The second time trying it however, it was near bedtime and I didn’t manage to even get more than a few sips in before no longer wanting more. Perhaps this is one of those teas that fits a certain mood and not others.

Flavors: Apple

Boiling 8 min or more 3 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML

This was tasty but kind of mild without any kind of sweetener to give it some depth. I definitely expected a more sour punch to it, given the name, and was somewhat disappointed in it.

I’ve tried a few of Adagio’s fruity herbal teas and this one is my least favorite so far. I opened the bag and was overpowered by the smell of cheap perfume – way too much “natural apple flavor” added into this one for my liking. I’m usually a green tea person and this was a failed attempt at trying something new so take may review with a grain of salt.

Boiling 8 min or more

Mmmmm!! Adagio’s Sour Apple is one of my all-time favorite teas to make iced (I don’t even want to try it hot). This tastes exactly like a liquified sour apple. On a hot summer day, it’s the most refreshing iced tea you can have. Not too strong, not too weak, not too sour- it’s perfect. And oh so tasty!

It’s a nice sour blend. It’s got a hint of apple but i tasted the hibiscus and cranberry much more. It has an almost layered taste, where the tea has a fruity taste first and then the sour after. It’s very interesting and I’ll need another cup before I decide whether or not I like this but as of right now I don’t plan to re-order. I do intend to finish my sample though.

Boiling

When I first smelled this tea, I was worried that it would taste like a Jolly Rancher, but it was a surprisingly pleasant tea with a nice sour taste that makes it fun to drink.

When I opened the tin I could definitely smell the sour apple. It took all I had not to eat it:) I steeped one heaping teaspoons in 6oz boiled purified water for 5 min. It had a bright red liquor from the cranberries. For a minute I even thought that I had mistakenly steeped this tisane in boiling cranberry juice and I was even more convinced of it when I took my 1st sip. This tisane tastes nothing like green apple, cran apple at best. It tastes like the hot cranberry juice I thought I steeped it in. False advertising alert! Don’t get me wrong, if you’re looking for a cranberry herbal tisane it is VERY good, but you will be very disappointed if you expect it to taste like it the title