Hunan Gold

Green Yellow Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Lisa (harmony_bites)

• “This is my first yellow tea and I really like it! Smells like a black tea and has a lovely golden liquor. Very light, dry, and super smooth, also a bit fruity. Delicious. Apparently this is...” Read full tasting note
    kiaharii 246 tasting notes
  • “A very light and sweet tea that is slightly fruity. Reminds me of a bit of a cross between a green tea and a white tea. Think silver needle with a darker color and a bit stronger flavor and you...” Read full tasting note
    JohnGrebe 215 tasting notes
  • “This is a very mellow tea. A very light flavored tea. A bit of a sweet after taste and a beautiful colored liquor. It does have a bit of a floral note. Overall I liked it :] Just drank up the...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 746 tasting notes
  • “This was fairly mellow and very smooth with a strong earthy overtone and some light fruity undertones to it. Not my favorite, but exactly why I can't really say. The flavor was just not something...” Read full tasting note
    Gravitea 33 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

The large twisted “yellow tea” leaves brew to a lovely golden yellow color. It has soft, airy notes and a dry, crisp, fruity character reminiscent of a well-made tippy Darjeeling, but a bit more mellow. Lingering floral notes whisper in the finish.

Steep at 180° for 2-3 minutes.

About Adagio Teas View company

This is my first yellow tea and I really like it!
Smells like a black tea and has a lovely golden liquor.

Very light, dry, and super smooth, also a bit fruity. Delicious. Apparently this is similar to Darjeeling teas which means I may have to try some. I will definitely be getting more to have on hand and trying some new yellow teas.

Edit: This has cooled a bit and now I can really taste the fruit, lightly peachy I think. I got 2-3 infusions out of this, the last was very very light but still drinkable.

A very light and sweet tea that is slightly fruity. Reminds me of a bit of a cross between a green tea and a white tea. Think silver needle with a darker color and a bit stronger flavor and you have hunan gold yellow tea.

Just drank up the last of it D:
Now I can place another order ;]

This was fairly mellow and very smooth with a strong earthy overtone and some light fruity undertones to it. Not my favorite, but exactly why I can’t really say. The flavor was just not something I cared for, and it’s bugging me because I can’ really say why. It’s not a bad tea, just not for me.

This is my first “yellow tea” and it’s really really good. It does remind me of Darjeeling like it says. It has the earthiness of an oolong but its sweeter. It almost smells like black tea. I don’t really understand umami but this has a vague taste I can’t put my finger on so maybe its that quality. Very enjoyable.

Tasted like Iowa city water. Try brewing stronger.