Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Rooibos, colloquially known as Red Tea, is an herbal plant that grows in South Africa. Rooibos is a flavorful, caffeine-free alternative to tea for those seeking to eliminate caffeine intake. Ours is a top-grade, organic African tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

At first when I brewed this herbal I didn’t like it very much at all. I thought it was too wood-tasting and smelt too much like tobacco. Upon brewing it more and more I’ve actually come to really enjoy this herbal. The deep, smokey, full-bodied taste of a strong brew of Rooibos is great for me. I think at first I was brewing it too light. Now I put just a bit more Rooibos in the tea pot and steeped for an extra 30 seconds. I think that really brought out the real flavor of the drink for sure. Also, the price for Rooibos isn’t bad at all when you buy the 16oz, has a great value (at like .08 cents per cup I believe).

Personally, I find herbals to be perfect for evening/nighttime teas, and this one is probably my favorite at the moment, right next to Chamomile!

The health benefits from the herbal are right up there as well, so why not try this one?

This drink is quite interesting. The scent might be compared to marijuana, but the flavor is quite woody. Delicious.

Starts off with a light woody taste. Slightly sweet/smokey aftertaste. Very unique woody smell.

I brewed up a cup of rooibos last night before bed mixing in a small amount of adagio’s lemongrass to enhance the flavor profile. Quite Nice.

My first Rooibos. Heavy aroma of cheap cigars. Not horribly unpleasant, but i certainly didn’t want to keep drinking it.

Very nice red tea.

OH red bush, you make things so interesting

This is my favorite “base” tea. It is great with other flavors – but nothing really beats the original. Make a big pot for guests – they will be surprised!

The flavor by itself is dry, woody, and earthy – very cleansing to the palate. With a touch of honey or sugar, though, surprising honey/vanilla notes come out! It ends up very enjoyable, especially with a good book.

Profumatissimo e dal gusto che ricorda la liquirizia. Si beve tranquillamente senza zucchero, ma con l’aggiunta di quello di canna diventa ancora più speziato.