Rooibos Almond

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Adagio Teas

Combining savory almond slices with the bright, sweet taste of Rooibos herbal tea, our Almond tea is a great stand-alone drink as well as the perfect dessert complement. In fact, it is so versatile that, if you don’t like our Almond tea, you’re probably the one that’s nuts. Naturally caffeine-free.

About Adagio Teas View company

Hmmmmm… I think I kinda like this, but I’m not totally sure. The almond taste is lovely, I get the marzipan notes, but there is that rooibos taste lingering. I don’t get the super dry mouth rooibos feel, but it is there a little. It is pleasant, but it feels like there could be more of something. It could grow on me tho…

With this tea I get a strong scent and taste of artificial cherry. Not that bad. I don’t get any kind of nutty or almond flavor, but the cherry taste grew on me by the end of the cup. It HAS to be boiling though, or it will have no taste. I learned on the second steeping. Its either that, or this tea doesn’t resteep well.

Side note: This is also the first use of my new Republic of Tea travel press.

This is a great night time tea, very pleasant and soothing cup after dinner on those days I don’t want caffeine late at night. The almond flavor is present and comes out with a touch of sugar, less than 1/2 teasopoon does it. Also, the flavoring does not overpower the rooibos flavor.

I may be wrong but I thought this tea had almond slivers and I remember seeing the pictures with almond slivers on Adagio’s website. Their current picture does not show any slivers and mine came without. Still a very good tisane, but lately Adagio has implemented some overall changes that I am not particularly pleased with. I am now looking for another website with a similar variety and customer service, this will definitely do for the time being.

It has a distinct marzipan scent. The sweet nutty flavour goes well with the natural rooibos flavour.

The almond flavoring says it’s natural on the box, but I do agree with others that it doesn’t taste like it is. However, just because it doesn’t taste “natural” doesn’t mean it tastes bad! The almond flavor is very delicious, and a drizzle of honey really compliments the flavor well. This is something I have been drinking after dinner as a bit of a treat.High recommended!

I love rooibos and I love almond so what could be a better combo??? Steeped according to my sample tin and I don’t think I love it as much as I wanted to. The almond tastes very natural, almost like the skin of the almond was mixed in. It does remind me a little of stale almonds.. maybe I have to stir up the sample more next time i steep to get a more even flavor?

Tasted more like artificial Amaretto flavoring than real almonds. Could be good mixed with something though.