Rooibos Caramel

Bulk, Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Сова

From Adagio Teas

Depending on where you’re from, you may either say “car-a-mel” or “CAR-mel.” Any way you put it, though, this naturally caffeine-free treat is complemented with rich notes of caramel flavoring (that is sugar free!) is sure to have you saying, “wow! that’s good!”

About Adagio Teas View company

This was my first loose leaf tea ever, as well as only my second taste of rooibos. The first was a very poor bagged tea, so how happy I was to find that it wasn’t rooibos that I found unpleasant but just the poor brand and quality of the previous tea.

Caramel is the dominant smell, but the taste is a wonderful combination of sweetness, caramel, and a hint of actual rooibos that I would liken to a good quality tobacco. It’s a heavy tea with a full flavor, which has been comforting during these colder months. I found that sugar wasn’t needed, as it was sweet on it’s own, but I think it’d be nice with a dash of milk or cream.

The only reason I didn’t rate this higher was because I found it almost too rich. One cup was enough for me, and I feel that this would be a “once in awhile” tea. If you really love caramel though, you may end up drinking this every day!

Flavors: Caramel, Rooibos, Tobacco

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I really like this! It smells wonderful and tastes nice and rich! This one is definitely going to get mixed with other stuff quite often. I love that it is caffeine free so that I can mix it with other flavors for a dessert tea at night just as easily as adding it for flavor in the morning.

Flavors: Caramel

I hated this tea when I tried it a couple of months ago. But now I like it! I think I wasn’t adding enough sugar before :P

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

There is a very good sugary feel to this, and a distinctive caramel flavor. This is best hot, with a bit of milk. However, it is likely a tea many brands would do just as well.

The scent, I must discuss the scent first! This blend, resembling coarse ground redwood sawdust, will fill your kitchen with the rich, heady scent of the finest quality caramel you can imagine with a little hint of orange. My partner said it reminds him of pipe tobacco…which is a good thing. Who doesn’t love that smell?! While steeping, the water is a rich, dark red and as time elapses, the color changes into a rich, deep caramel brown. I was amazed that this tea retained the scent once poured and sans sweetener, it tastes like a little cup of heaven…a perfect blend of caramel and a tinge I can only describe as round. This tea has earned a permanent spot in my tea cupboard.

This is one of the better Rooibos teas I’ve had. Bourbon vanilla and vanilla berry truffle still beat it, but not by much. It’s exactly as advertised—the smell and taste of delicious caramel, with the rooibos as a vehicle.

Feeling so so about this. It tastes a little like bitter coffee to me. Better with soy milk and turbinado sugar, but still far too coffeeish.

I love the caramel undertones in this. They really complement the flavor of the rooibos.