Rooibos Cocomint

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian
Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “This tea perplexes me. Each time I smell it, I get cool mint and then chocolate. It smells kind of like those Andes mints. Drinking it, it's a sort of chocolaty rooibos with mint. The mint...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes
  • “Where the heck did YOU come from? I didn't even know I had this in my stash until just now...oh well...it's been a while since I have had this...nearly a year...It's ok...much of the flavorings...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I bought this tea initially because I love the combination of chocolate and mint, but I wasn't sure how it would work in a tea- especially rooibos. I'm pleasantly surprised with the mixture. The...” Read full tasting note
    Amethystia 44 tasting notes
  • “I had this two night ago, and wasn't really with it at the point to write a decent commentary. Now its not directly in front of me, so I'm working from memory here. The first impression of the...” Read full tasting note
    teafiend 61 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Like wine and cheese and burgers and fries, chocolate and mint is a famous partnership in the world of food, found in desserts and confections. We bring that popular flavor combination here, blended with Rooibos tea from South Africa to create a delicious,naturally caffeine-free, lip-smacking treat.

About Adagio Teas View company

Drinking it, it’s a sort of chocolaty rooibos with mint. The mint really lingers, which is cool.

Added a splash of milk – it’s worth a shot, and I don’t feel like I’m losing anything if it doesn’t work.

It’s a little bit better that way, a little bit smoother this way. Hm. It’s more of a mint chocolate rooibos. I’ll finish the cup, it’s not bad enough just to throw out, but it’s not a tea I’m eager to drink again.

EDIT: I realized the reason I wasn’t tasting any coconut the first time around was because there literally wasn’t anyone: Cocomint refers to cocoa and mint, not coconut and mint! Cool, I’m glad my tastebuds weren’t broken.

Tawny Kira

I almost ordered some of this thinking it would be coconut & mint but luckily reexamined it on their website first! I’m not a huge fan of chocolatey teas, so I think I’d have been a little disappointed with this tea as you were

Where the heck did YOU come from?

I didn’t even know I had this in my stash until just now…oh well…it’s been a while since I have had this…nearly a year…It’s ok…much of the flavorings are no longer around but the aroma from afar I can still smell the coco and mint…nom….

SIPDOWN #2 of the day!

I bought this tea initially because I love the combination of chocolate and mint, but I wasn’t sure how it would work in a tea- especially rooibos.

I’m pleasantly surprised with the mixture. The smell definitely makes me salivate- the sweet mint and chocolate remind me of mint chocolate chip ice cream or candy. The two flavors do not overpower the tea; however, at first sip the earthy rooibos definitely stands out. The mint and chocolate flavors are more of an aftertaste. I have difficulty recognizing the mint, but the chocolate’s sweetness at the end is definitely palatable.

I’m finishing off my 3 oz. (only really brewed probably four cups so far). So far, I’m not sure if I would buy this tea again, but it’s a possible contender because I’m enjoying the tea the more I have it. I just wish the mint flavor was more dominate (I’m a mint addict!).

Boiling 8 min or more
Uniquity

Yay for mint addicts! If you have some plain mint (most mint nuts do!) I suggest tossing some extra in there. I do it far too often : )

Brittany

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea- I always have some peppermint around! I, too, do it far too often, which causes my herbal blends to be lopsided!

I had this two night ago, and wasn’t really with it at the point to write a decent commentary. Now its not directly in front of me, so I’m working from memory here.

The first impression of the smell is chocolate, infused with mint. A deeper whiff adds a smell of dry earth, very dirt like. In the taste the earthiness of the rooibos became much more prominent and almost interfered with my enjoy of the cocomint. The chocolate wasn’t to over the top sweet, and the mint tasted fresh and real. These two blended very well together, while the roughness of the actual rooibos was a bit out of sync.

I did enjoy it throughly, and will drink deeply but I will have to make sure I’m the proper mood for such a tea.

I’ve been wanting to try this for ages, finally picked it up recently, and finally finally tried it about 20 minutes ago.

For me, it tastes how it smells, prominently a fantastic mix of chocolate and mint. I don’t barely taste the rooibos at all, but I’m also definitely noticing the lack of “tea taste” while there’s something else than just chocolate and mint.

I steeped mine for quite a while because I made about 3/4 of a pot to share with my boyfriend, came out a very nice dark caramel shade.

Personally, I love the taste of it, it absolutely lived up to my high expectations even though there’s little to no rooibos taste to it.
My ONLY issue with it how fine the tea itself is, after my second cup there was a decent-sized pile of leaves left over.

Very yummy! Surprisingly so. I tried Adagio’s Chocolate chip and was not feeling that one at all, so I was a little scared to try another chocolate style one. This one is fantastic. I’m tasting just the right amount of love from the coco and the mint. YUM, YUM, YUM!

Better than I remember, nice solid coco base flavor, like a smooth dark chocolate with a smooth minty highlight. Not unlike Girl Scout Thin Mints :)

I’m not a big mint person but I love chocolate and mint together. The mint in this is really pronounced. I can feel it in my sinuses. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, especially with my allergies. I am tasting the chocolate too so it’s pleasant. I added some sweetener, without it was drinkable but not really what I was looking for. The only thing I’m not keen on is how small the rooibos is. I have quite a bit sitting in the bottom of my cup.

I’ll use up my (huge) sample but I’m not sure I’ll purchase more than that in one go.

I normally don’ t like chocolate and mint together, but this is an a-ok cup of tea :)

It’s not a bad tea, but it tastes a bit artificial. To me the mint kind of overpowers the chocolate and rooibos, but as it cools you taste more of the chocolate.