Rooibos Earl Grey

Bergamot, Floral, Menthol, Smoke, Wood, Earl Grey, Earth, Herbaceous, Mint
Edit tea info Last updated by Caitlyn1701
Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 13 oz / 378 ml

From Adagio Teas

Rooibos tea from South Africa, flavored with oil of bergamot, a citrus fruit. According to legend, this tea is named for Earl Grey, a British Prime Minister, to whom a Chinese noble entrusted its secret recipe for saving his life. Unfortunately, this story is not true. But we hope this won’t prevent you from enjoying our exquisite ‘Bravo’ version of the popular Earl Grey tea, the perfect afternoon tea. Naturally caffeine-free.

About Adagio Teas View company

This is one of my favorite Earl Greys. I really love the character that the rooibos tea adds to it.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

Sipdown!

I’m going to miss this one. I’ll have to pick up more next time I order from Adagio. I’m not always a fan of Rooibos teas, but somehow I love the way it works with this floral bergamot. It’s a really unusual flavor, so I don’t know if many people would like it, but I really do.

Flavors: Floral, Smoke, Wood

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Got this as a sample from Adagio! I like it a lot- I gave up black and green teas for religious reasons, and I’ve missed Earl Grey soooo much- but this is a very good herbal version of it! Very earthy, refreshing, almost a hint of mint- I really love this!

Next time though, I’ll use more tea seeing as 1 tsp was a little too weak for me- and maybe sugar cubes for this one rather than rock sugar.

—loose leaf w/ infuser
—approx. 1 tsp rock sugar

Flavors: Earl Grey, Earth, Herbaceous, Mint

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Another Herbal TTB
The aroma of the dry leaf was heavily bergamot’ed, but the flavor was quite smooth.

8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Makes a nice and fragrant cup, a bit weak though. Got a sample of this out of curiosity and I liked it, but would not buy again. I prefer real earl grey with black tea in the mornings, there are other tisanes I prefer for a night time cup of rooibos.

Interesting flavor. Will need to drink more to see how I really feel about it.

Single cup, 1 Truvia.

With a dash of peppermint. =)

Very odd, but very, very good. Less of the ‘fruit loops’ taste, oddly reminiscent of Teavana’s rooibos chai but a heck of a lot better. Second steep was significantly milder than the initial one but still drinkable.

I actually liked it a great deal better than adagio’s regular decaf earl grey, and I definitely like that I don’t need to worry about oversteeping it and having it turn bitter.

Hit both with a good bit of sugar and some milk.

Boiling 8 min or more

Absolutely great when brewed a bit strong.

Hm, somehow I did not realize that Earl Grey has bergamot, let alone that bergamot is THE defining ingredient of Earl Grey. Therefore, I was quite surprised and confused to open my new sampler tin of Rooibos Earl Grey and get a huge waft of orangey, floral bergamot. The bits of blue and orange petals scattered among the red honeybush further convinced me that Adagio had mislabeled my tin. I was expecting something more stoic, dignified, and well . . . grey. But a quick internet search told me that I am an idiot and Earl Grey is far more complicated than I’d imagined.

After all that, I’m still not sure if I like it. The strong floral and citrus (I assume this is bergamot) scent is too reminiscent of Pledge and potpourri. My mouth is left tasting like some fancy soap my mother used to use.

If anyone wants this let me know. I’ll definitely swap this one