Rooibos Earl Grey

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From Adagio Teas

Rooibos tea from South Africa, flavored with oil of bergamot, a citrus fruit. According to legend, this tea is named for Earl Grey, a British Prime Minister, to whom a Chinese noble entrusted its secret recipe for saving his life. Unfortunately, this story is not true. But we hope this won’t prevent you from enjoying our exquisite ‘Bravo’ version of the popular Earl Grey tea, the perfect afternoon tea. Naturally caffeine-free.

About Adagio Teas View company

Makes a nice and fragrant cup, a bit weak though. Got a sample of this out of curiosity and I liked it, but would not buy again. I prefer real earl grey with black tea in the mornings, there are other tisanes I prefer for a night time cup of rooibos.

Interesting flavor. Will need to drink more to see how I really feel about it.

Single cup, 1 Truvia.

With a dash of peppermint. =)

Very odd, but very, very good. Less of the ‘fruit loops’ taste, oddly reminiscent of Teavana’s rooibos chai but a heck of a lot better. Second steep was significantly milder than the initial one but still drinkable.

I actually liked it a great deal better than adagio’s regular decaf earl grey, and I definitely like that I don’t need to worry about oversteeping it and having it turn bitter.

Hit both with a good bit of sugar and some milk.

Boiling 8 min or more

Absolutely great when brewed a bit strong.

Hm, somehow I did not realize that Earl Grey has bergamot, let alone that bergamot is THE defining ingredient of Earl Grey. Therefore, I was quite surprised and confused to open my new sampler tin of Rooibos Earl Grey and get a huge waft of orangey, floral bergamot. The bits of blue and orange petals scattered among the red honeybush further convinced me that Adagio had mislabeled my tin. I was expecting something more stoic, dignified, and well . . . grey. But a quick internet search told me that I am an idiot and Earl Grey is far more complicated than I’d imagined.

After all that, I’m still not sure if I like it. The strong floral and citrus (I assume this is bergamot) scent is too reminiscent of Pledge and potpourri. My mouth is left tasting like some fancy soap my mother used to use.

If anyone wants this let me know. I’ll definitely swap this one

bergamot & rooibos does not belong together … yukk