Hugs and Kisses

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Adeline
Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 16 oz / 473 ml

• “moving day! omg i have a new office! it's a private office all to my very self! it's very adult. i've been sharing an office with another gal for the past 3 years. and i've never had my very own...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 741 tasting notes
  • “I was digging through my cupboard for a comforting dessert tea today and was reminded that I'd ordered a set of 3 about a month ago that had totally slipped my mind. Usually I put untasted teas on...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “From my wonderful husband for Valentines day. :) Shame it took so long to arrive and so I'm drinking it post Valentines. Never mind. The blend looks beautiful with red rooibos mixed with rose...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1117 tasting notes
  • “I went out and bought some milk this morning, and today I finally, finally had a good cup of this one. I used 1 tsp of leaf, and left it in boiling water for around five minutes, then topped it off...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1026 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

From Adagio’s 2012 Valentine’s Day collection, Hugs & Kisses is a rooibos blend.

About Adagio Teas View company

moving day!
omg i have a new office! it’s a private office all to my very self!
it’s very adult. i’ve been sharing an office with another gal for the past 3 years. and i’ve never had my very own office in all of my career.
i also have a spiffy new title to go with it.

and a shelf just for my tea!
i’m gonna make so much tea in my new office. i even bought some tins from home. so much tea. look out!

this is a cute little tea! very romantical.
thank you very much KallieBoo!
swak!

JustJames

congratulations! enjoy your success!

Tea Sipper

Congrats! :D

BrewTEAlly Sweet

Congrats! Cheers to a tea shelf! You just need a little corner for a mug and electric kettle and youlk never leave! This tea sounds cute! Jealous.

Fjellrev

w00t congrats on the office! The privacy must make a world of difference.

Cavocorax

Congrats! That’s so awesome.

Shmiracles

THANKS GUISE!! you are all so sweet :)
my office is very relaxing and i feel super productive, which is a side effect i wasn’t even anticipating. go figure!

I was digging through my cupboard for a comforting dessert tea today and was reminded that I’d ordered a set of 3 about a month ago that had totally slipped my mind. Usually I put untasted teas on the kitchen table so I remember to try them before putting them away, but for some reason the Valentine’s Day set went straight into tea storage. They were a total impulse buy (I had a 30% off badge + free shipping on the sneeqpeek sale, so it was dirt cheap) that I regretted once I got them. The only one I was actually interested in was the raspberry chocolate one—I don’t like rooibos and I don’t really care for peach tea either, so I just kind of shoved them out of sight.

But this pretty pink tin caught my eye today, and I looked at the ingredients: rose petals, chocolate, vanilla, cream, and almond?! I love all of those! Perhaps it wouldn’t be so bad. There is one dessert rooibos that I LOVE because the flavors mask that weird medicinal taste. And this tea did smell great, like a latte in a tin. So into the tea pot it went, and the result smelled amazing. Almond + vanilla smells (and tastes) just like marzipan, which is actually pretty hard to capture in tea form. At first sip this is heaven—chocolatey, creamy, marzipan goodness with a gorgeous floral undertone. If the rating was based on that first taste this would be a 100 for sure: it was perfection. But after I actually swallowed, total medicinal rooibos took over my palate—not mild medicinal, but “oh god I just chugged cough syrup” medicinal. Disgusting! I let the tea cool and added some milk and that quality took a back seat to the magical flavor combos, but it’s still there sadly. Just a hint, but enough to make me question if I actually like this tea.

From my wonderful husband for Valentines day. :)
Shame it took so long to arrive and so I’m drinking it post Valentines. Never mind.

The blend looks beautiful with red rooibos mixed with rose petals and blue flowers. It smells like a floral vanilla.

It tastes similar to the smell but the rooibos is not overpowering. Instead I can taste both rose and vanilla before the sweet rooibos gives it a caramel finish. Its smooth, sweet, creamy, floral and delicious.

Sets my day at work :)

I went out and bought some milk this morning, and today I finally, finally had a good cup of this one. I used 1 tsp of leaf, and left it in boiling water for around five minutes, then topped it off with a generous splash of milk. It’s insanely creamy. It tastes just like I’d added cream to my cup, rather than milk, with that deliciously smooth, almost flat-tasting dairyness about it. I didn’t like Adagio’s “Cream” flavoured black last time I tried it, but I might have to give it another go next time I order from them. There’s also a hint of almond here; a touch of marzipan amongst the cream, and a tiny, tiny nip of vanilla. I’m not getting any caramel, but that might well have been one step too far anyway. Also, despite the amount of rose and cornflower petals scattered throughout this one, there is no floral note to be found. In my book, that’s a good thing. So; creamy, vanilla, almond tinged loveliness. This one needs milk, but once it’s got some, it’s just plain lovely. It’s not a flashy or overflavoured tea, but it’s pleasant and comforting to drink when something more plain is required.

In other news, this is my 1000th note. I can’t believe I’ve been here long enough to have written that many — it doesn’t feel like so long ago that I was just starting to drink loose leaf tea! May the next 1000 go as smoothly!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
scribbles

WOW! Cingrats on making 1000!

KittyLovesTea

Congrats on 1000! Wonderful milestone.

Veronica

Congrats on 1000! That’s awesome!

VariaTEA

Yay for 1000! And yay for finding a way to enjoy this tea :)

Fjellrev

w00t, congrats on 1000!

Such a pleasant tisane to see and smell dry! The flower petals provide a pretty pop of color, and you can distinctly smell the vanilla and even a bit of almond and cream.

The flavoring in this one is stronger than I’ve come to expect from Adagio’s flavored rooibos. Generally, they tend taste overwhelmingly of rooibos with a tiny hint of flavor, but this one really strikes a more even balance. It’s got kind of a generic creamy taste, a little bit sweet and floral — I don’t notice any almond and certainly no caramel!

I’m giving this one a moderate rating because I have a strong preference for rooibos blends with even more the taste of the base more covered up, but I would really recommend this to bigger fans of rooibos.

I’m pretty sure this came from KallieBoo!.

This a nice pretty unoffensive dessert rooibos. I’m getting a bit of almond, a bit of cream and vanilla. Thankfully, the flowers aren’t giving a significant aroma or taste since I’m usually not a fan of overly floral teas (or anything else for that matter). I’d consider it in a future Adagio order.

2 tsp + sweetener

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

My coworker and I had an interesting conversation. I told him he didn’t appreciate good tea. He pretty much only drinks it for the caffeine value, he’s turned down nice green tea when I’ve offered ‘because it probably doesn’t have enough caffeine’. I’ve seen him dump three Lipton tea bags in a 8oz cup and leave it there for 15 min before drinking it. Shudder He then proclaimed that he loves tea sooo much that he drinks more tea than an Asian. (Really?) When I asked how much that was he said about 4 mugs/day. I laughed and then told him to come back when he got that up to 5-6 pots of tea a day at least. Silly man. He would probably be overwhelmed by all the tea goodness being enjoyed by those on Steepster. I consider myself a moderate tea person, especially after seeing how much tea all you people enjoy in a day, but four mugs feels like hardly any at all.

This evening my friends were supposed to drive down for a sleepover, but have been delayed. I felt like I needed something sweet smelling because I haven’t really eaten much today, and I can’t because I’m fasting. I’m soo happy I didn’t count tea into that.

Hugs and Kisses smells like a warm almond cookie. Some almond cookies are a little bit almond and mostly other stuff, but when I make almond cookies I tend to put 2-3x the asked for almond extract. I’m a big big fan. Of course my cookies don’t always come out looking pretty, but they taste nice (to me). My last batch of thumbprints ended up looking like fried eggs.

It’s almond cookie smell with a roundness imparted by cocoa, but not with nearly the sweetness that chocolate can add. I don’t get much floral, and I’m glad it melds soo well. It’s a nice sleepy tea.

I like that I can’t taste the rooibios as much, I don’t think I’m much of a fan, but I do get that rooibios clean mouth feel, like refreshing. It doesn’t taste medicinal like other rooibios I’ve tried though. More lends a nice after-tea mouth feel, but doesn’t intrude too much on the other flavors. I can see some people liking that, and some people wanting more rooibios.

It’s a pot and dainty tea cups type of night. Hopefully I can stay awake long enough to receive my friends, if not, I’m sure they’ll wake me up.

carol who

“Lipton tea bags in a 8oz cup and leave it there for 15 min” Eeek! “He then proclaimed that he loves tea sooo much that he drinks more tea than an Asian.” Right. It is so funny how steepsterites view tea compared to others, isn’t it? I guess you just let him go on living his little tea damaged life while smiling on the inside. The joy of tea!
You do sort of wonder what he thinks tea is supposed to taste like if he over-leafs and over-steeps so much. Gosh, that would be sooo bitter!

Thanks to KallieBoo! for this sample. I am glad I got to try it!
I can’t find it on their website, but some people have listed ingredients in their tasting notes. As soon as I saw rose, that’s all I have in my mind, because as much as I love floral teas, I am not a fan of rose or lavender. So I pretty much just tasted rose. But I did get notes of vanilla and almond.

Almond-flavored things are generally pretty hit or miss with me. I love actual almonds, but sometimes I find the flavor overwhelming, especially in baked goods. Thankfully, this strikes a nice balance between the almond and the cream/vanilla/caramel flavors. It’s a very warm-seeming tea, not just in actual temperature but in its general impression, if that makes any sense. Like, it’s a cold cranky Monday (I hate the time change) and this is exactly the kind of comforting tea I want for that.