the lemon is in play

Edit tea info Last updated by Teanycheeky

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I'm a huge fan of Cabin Pressure, so I decided to jump and purchase this. In the bag, the aroma is strongly of cream ... that Ceylon likes to push to the front for attention! ... but in the...” Read full tasting note
    asmasrud 2 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A tart, caffeine-enriched black tea backed with cream, perfect for those endless flights across Russia. Do not forget, however, that the lemon is still in play and is hiding in plain sight.
(rooibos lemon cloud, ceylon sonata, cream)
Inspired by Cabin Pressure by John Finnemore, which the creator (Cara McGee) is in no way affiliated with.

About Adagio Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

I’m a huge fan of Cabin Pressure, so I decided to jump and purchase this.

In the bag, the aroma is strongly of cream … that Ceylon likes to push to the front for attention! … but in the background you still get that lemon-y rooibos. The aroma is pretty potent, and I’m curious as to how rooibos and black tea will taste together since they’re so different. At least the water temps are the same (boiling for both).

In the cup, the aroma mellows into a muddled mess of lemon, tea, and sweetness. I can’t quite pinpoint one scent from the other. Hmm. Tasting it is an adventure in itself, as the rooibos leaps forward and says “HELLO! HERE I AM! HI! HOW ARE YOU? PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE BLACK TEA BEHIND THE CURTAIN!” The rooibos reminds me heavily of strawberries in both taste and scent, and while the lemon is there, I’m getting a more fruity than citrus-y note to the tea. I think it might be the combination of cream and rooibos that’s doing the trick.

Also, be warned. The rooibos/black tea combination is a bit strong. I let it steep for 3-4 minutes, but even then, the rooibos is definitely kicking. After a bit, I cut it with a splash of milk and some sugar. Milk mellowed the rooibos, while sugar brought out the cream a bit more.

All in all, this is a strange blend, but for some reason, I think it might be growing on me. It might be spectacular iced, too. I think the cream/lemon would come out really well over the rocks. Worth a try … but not my favorite.