Rooibos Vanilla

Rooibos Tea
Vanilla, Wood, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Adagio Teas

According to the International Ice Cream Association, Vanilla is by far the most popular flavor, getting a full 23% of all ice cream consumption. Inspired by this love of vanilla, Adagio has created Vanilla Tea. Combining the delectable flavor of sweet vanilla beans and Rooibos herbal tea, I’ll scream, you’ll scream, we’ll all scream for… Vanilla tea! Naturally caffeine-free, so enjoy it anytime of the day!

About Adagio Teas View company

This is hands down the best vanilla rooibos tea I have found. Not to sweet and not too earthy either. I love drinking it right before I go to sleep. The loose leaf version is incredible.

I got this as a free sample from Adagio and I though I’d give it a shot tonight since it is caffeine free.

Bleh. I made it through half a cup of this before I couldn’t drink it anymore. The taste of vanilla is barely there. This tea just wasn’t doing it for me.

Pretty nice, satisfying tea. Just the right amount of vanilla flavour. Although I did find it slightly bitter/astringent (I know those two things are different, but sometimes they seem to overlap). It could be because I just had a mug full of green tea, and my mouth hadn’t recovered yet.

I would have it again, and I’m pretty sure I’d like it more with some added milk. I usually do that with rooibos, and don’t know why I didn’t think of it this time.

This was the bagged version, named “Vanilla Rooibos” (words reversed) – but a visit to the Adagio website told me that it’s the same stuff as their loose tea. Thanks to Starfevre for the sample.

I have to agree with all of the other reviewers. The vanilla smell was more intense than the flavor, which made me sad. Maybe I will steep for a bit longer next time. It was still a good tasting rooibos, though. Will drink more soon, undecided if I will buy again.

I love rooibos tea and vanilla, but this isn’t my favorite combination of the two. Smells weird – I can’t put my finger on it. There’s a note in there that’s reminiscent of… wet wood? It’s mildly off-putting. Not as sweet as the rooibos I enjoy, with only a slight vanilla taste. I don’t completely hate it, though. I guess I’ll use this when I’m out of all of the GOOD rooibos teas in my pantry…

Tastes great.

Oddly enough, this rooibos is actually very easy and pleasant to drink. Upon first smelling, it reminded me almost exactly of Thai iced tea, and when I took my first sip I knew that it would taste good with a nice helping of sugar (I’d have added condensed milk, but I don’t have any on me currently). Sure enough, it was pretty good sweetened and lacked any of the medicinal tastes of plain rooibos. My only complaint is that it just didn’t brew very strong at 5 minutes: as an iced tea it was conspicuously weak.

I can’t say much on how it tastes unsweetened, but this blend certainly makes a nice sweet tea. Just make sure you brew it strong.

I enjoy this blend; it’s soothing & mellow. The vanilla is undetectable unless you add a bit of sugar, as other reviews have mentioned.

I think I had this alone once and I liked it, but I’ve mostly been adding it to other teas (black) to add a nice vanilla note. I like it that way.
My usual use for it is to add it to chamomile and spearmint or peppermint….which I think Adagio calls Foxtrot, but why buy it when I have all the ingredients?
Anyway, my point? A nice vanilla flavor to a fine Rooibos.
I must admit I’m new to Rooibos.