Rooibos Vanilla

Rooibos Tea
Molasses, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Rooibos, Wood, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Adagio Teas

According to the International Ice Cream Association, Vanilla is by far the most popular flavor, getting a full 23% of all ice cream consumption. Inspired by this love of vanilla, Adagio has created Vanilla Tea. Combining the delectable flavor of sweet vanilla beans and Rooibos herbal tea, I’ll scream, you’ll scream, we’ll all scream for… Vanilla tea! Naturally caffeine-free, so enjoy it anytime of the day!

About Adagio Teas View company

Herbal Traveling Tea box

Watching the Fifa USA vs. Ghana game.. Oh my lordy, talk about a head smash:O Glad they are starting to take head injuries a little bit more seriously. But those poor players, makes my head ache in empathy..

This tea is much like the game right now… just ehhh. It’s a bit too woodsy and a little less vanilla-y than I would have liked. Not a bad tea, just nothing to write home about.

Flavors: Vanilla, Wood

Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 2 g 4 OZ / 118 ML

From the Caffeine-Free/Decaf Traveling Tea Box.

This has a nice aroma – the scent of vanilla is always pleasurable. As for the flavor, the vanilla wasn’t as strong as I expected, but it is well-balanced with the rooibos.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

It truly is a sweet tea. Not sweet as in loaded with sugar, but rather, it has sweet over/undertones. Someone described it like a “tea cookie”, and I’d say that’s quite accurate. The rooibos is quite similar to a black tea in my opinion, with very little bitterness. But there are some incredible hints of brown sugar, vanilla, and molasses. As it cools down, the sweetness becomes even more evident. The fact that it’s decaffeinated makes it an incredible nighttime tea. Easily one of my favorites.

I’m kinda meh on this one for my first impression. The flavor is not as strong as I expected. I even used an extra half teaspoon of tea for my 8 oz. It tasted like a weak version of the rooibos almond. Not very unique.

This is hands down the best vanilla rooibos tea I have found. Not to sweet and not too earthy either. I love drinking it right before I go to sleep. The loose leaf version is incredible.

I got this as a free sample from Adagio and I though I’d give it a shot tonight since it is caffeine free.

Bleh. I made it through half a cup of this before I couldn’t drink it anymore. The taste of vanilla is barely there. This tea just wasn’t doing it for me.

Pretty nice, satisfying tea. Just the right amount of vanilla flavour. Although I did find it slightly bitter/astringent (I know those two things are different, but sometimes they seem to overlap). It could be because I just had a mug full of green tea, and my mouth hadn’t recovered yet.

I would have it again, and I’m pretty sure I’d like it more with some added milk. I usually do that with rooibos, and don’t know why I didn’t think of it this time.

This was the bagged version, named “Vanilla Rooibos” (words reversed) – but a visit to the Adagio website told me that it’s the same stuff as their loose tea. Thanks to Starfevre for the sample.

I have to agree with all of the other reviewers. The vanilla smell was more intense than the flavor, which made me sad. Maybe I will steep for a bit longer next time. It was still a good tasting rooibos, though. Will drink more soon, undecided if I will buy again.

I love rooibos tea and vanilla, but this isn’t my favorite combination of the two. Smells weird – I can’t put my finger on it. There’s a note in there that’s reminiscent of… wet wood? It’s mildly off-putting. Not as sweet as the rooibos I enjoy, with only a slight vanilla taste. I don’t completely hate it, though. I guess I’ll use this when I’m out of all of the GOOD rooibos teas in my pantry…