Honeybush

Honeybush Tea
Sweet, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Adagio Teas

Honeybush is a sibling of Rooibos, cultivated in South Africa’s Eastern Cape region. Its flowers smell of honey, earning this plant a sweet name. The taste of our organic honeybush tea is similar to that of Rooibos, though arguably a little sweeter. Like it’s South African sibling, Honeybush is devoid of caffeine and tannins, rendering it an ideal evening beverage.

About Adagio Teas View company

I got a sample of this because even though I did enjoy Rooibos, I found the flavor a bit dull and uninspiring. Well, when I first opened the container, I thought this sort of smelled a bit like tobacco with a hint of…a sickly sweet, almost spoiled smell maybe? A proper description of the smell eludes me. When brewed however, it mellows out with a very pleasant and sweet aroma and taste that only gets better the longer it’s steeped. I usually let it steep for at least 10 minutes.

Like Rooibos, this plant has an insane amount of supposed health benefits (via antioxidants, nutrients and more) and lacks the tannins oxalates and caffeine of tea.

Both Honeybush and Rooibos are 100% great for insomnia, relaxation and reducing anxiety, especially when combined with Lemongrass. The combo will knock me out in 10-15 minutes after the first cup, especially if I’m already laying down.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

I like this more than rooibos, it’s slightly sweeter. Mixed with Lemon Grass.