Honeybush Hazelnut

Herbal Honeybush Blend
Hazelnut, Wood, Bark, Honey, Nutty, Cedar, Nuts, Smooth, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Adagio Teas

Hazelnut is often paired with chocolates and other confections due to their sweet flavor, creating a decadent treat. This pairing of sweet honeybush and hazelnut is no exception. Enjoy this flavorful caffeine-free tea any time of the day!

About Adagio Teas View company

This was..interesting. I’m not really a fan of red teas. The dry aroma was very woodsy, almost dusty with strong hazelnut overtones. The hazelnut really popped while steeping and was present in the final liquor with a very mild flavor of the same. I was expecting a sweeter too, but had to add some agave. I can’t see myself drinking this every day – or even weekly.

I agree with what some others have said — I wish it had a little more taste. But the dry aroma is incredible!

This is a great tea for hazelnut lovers. My husband, who knows nothing about tea, commented that the tea I was drinking smelled very hazelnut-y. Light, but yet has a good amount of flavor. I will buy more of this one when it’s gone. Prepared with stevia.

I’m not one who actually likes hazelnut, so much in fact that when I saw this in my sampler I tried to get Adagio to exchange it. But I guess they meant for me to keep it since they never got back to me about returning it when the other tea arrived.

I decided to try it anyway, prepared a cup in my usual way, and I was pleasantly surprised by this tea. I did like the smell when I first got it, but going on previous hazelnut tastings (smell good, taste bad), I didn’t trust it and hid it in the back of the cabinet. I guess it has that ‘nutty’ flavor the other reviews talk about. I usually add a teaspoon or two of sugar to my teas, which really brings out the flavor (for me, I know sugar for some is blasphemy). I’ll probably try mixing it with either the chocolate, vanilla, or plain next time.

Mmmm, this is a bedtime tea. The tin smells like fancy flavored coffee (aka hazelnut), the taste is much milder (of course – it’s honeybush), and the aftertaste is the best part. Close your mouth, exhale through your nose, and feel your mouth water for more. This is fairly subtle, with no real tea, but sweet and delightful. The hazelnut and honeybush really blend well.

Boiling 8 min or more

I’m generally not a fan of honeybush or roobois (tastes like cardboard), but this one is pretty okay. Can’t say it’ll ever be a favorite but of the honeybush I’ve tried, this is the best. It makes me think of a heavily doctored cup of coffee – in a good way.

I have always loved the smell of Hazelnut coffee, but I can’t stand the taste of coffee. For a long time I hoped someone would make a Hazelnut cocoa, just so I could have something that smelled that good. Eventually I stumbled upon Adagio’s hazelnut honeybush tea, and it’s a dream come true. The flavors blend beautifully and it’s a delicious, although mild tea. I especially like it with some chai spices added in.

Flavors: Hazelnut, Wood

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I started drinking more honeybush tea as an alternative to caffeinated black teas. For me, they did just the trick. Their flavors are warm, caramel-like, and the hazelnut makes this tea almost like a favorite coffee treat. It does tend to be a bit light on flavor and color, so I tend to steep for several long minutes or use more leaves. When I can have caffeine this blends well with other black teas, lending the barky, nutty, sweetness to a deeper flavor. I don’t think honeybush is related to rooibos, but I could be wrong; the honeybush is a nuttier tea, and has none of the medicine-like flavor rooibos tends to have. This flavor is best had warm and in the evening.

Flavors: Bark, Hazelnut, Honey, Nutty

I liked this! This was my first Honeybush! After Rooibos made me ill with memories of childhood medicines, I didn’t think a near-sibling would be my cuppa if you know what I mean! I was surprised. The first thing I noticed when I opened the bag was the hazelnut aroma which is delicious and warm. The scent that astounded me was when the tea was brewed and poured; a sort of indescribable “woody” scent that reminded me of cedar, only not cedar… just another similarly potent WOOD smell. It was delightful and strange. I sweetened the tea a little with sugar and sipped on it warm. It was delightfully light, sweeter than I expected which means the tea has a natural sweetness to it, and full of hazelnut flavor. This was a really nutty, woody, deliciously sweet tea that I will put less sugar in next time! Will buy some as my sample had only 3 cups worth, and I will definitely have need of more!

Flavors: Cedar, Hazelnut, Nuts, Smooth, Sweet, Wood

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Tea #3 from the tea box. Made a cup for my hubby this morning. Knowing how much he loved Frangelico I thought this would be a good fit. He likes the smell but he says nut tea just don’t quite get the taste profile he is looking for. I’ve poured a little cup for myself as well. I’m amazed at how much hazelnut flavor there is. It really is quite good. Tried it both warm and cold. Works both ways.

155 °F / 68 °C 6 min, 15 sec 1 tsp