Honeybush Hazelnut

Nuts, Nutty, Hazelnut, Vanilla, Wood, Bark, Honey, Cedar, Smooth, Sweet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by IllBeMother221B

From Adagio Teas

Hazelnut is often paired with chocolates and other confections due to their sweet flavor, creating a decadent treat. This pairing of sweet honeybush and hazelnut is no exception. Enjoy this flavorful caffeine-free tea any time of the day!

About Adagio Teas View company

This was..interesting. I’m not really a fan of red teas. The dry aroma was very woodsy, almost dusty with strong hazelnut overtones. The hazelnut really popped while steeping and was present in the final liquor with a very mild flavor of the same. I was expecting a sweeter too, but had to add some agave. I can’t see myself drinking this every day – or even weekly.

I agree with what some others have said — I wish it had a little more taste. But the dry aroma is incredible!

This is a great tea for hazelnut lovers. My husband, who knows nothing about tea, commented that the tea I was drinking smelled very hazelnut-y. Light, but yet has a good amount of flavor. I will buy more of this one when it’s gone. Prepared with stevia.

I’m not one who actually likes hazelnut, so much in fact that when I saw this in my sampler I tried to get Adagio to exchange it. But I guess they meant for me to keep it since they never got back to me about returning it when the other tea arrived.

I decided to try it anyway, prepared a cup in my usual way, and I was pleasantly surprised by this tea. I did like the smell when I first got it, but going on previous hazelnut tastings (smell good, taste bad), I didn’t trust it and hid it in the back of the cabinet. I guess it has that ‘nutty’ flavor the other reviews talk about. I usually add a teaspoon or two of sugar to my teas, which really brings out the flavor (for me, I know sugar for some is blasphemy). I’ll probably try mixing it with either the chocolate, vanilla, or plain next time.

Mmmm, this is a bedtime tea. The tin smells like fancy flavored coffee (aka hazelnut), the taste is much milder (of course – it’s honeybush), and the aftertaste is the best part. Close your mouth, exhale through your nose, and feel your mouth water for more. This is fairly subtle, with no real tea, but sweet and delightful. The hazelnut and honeybush really blend well.

Boiling 8 min or more

I’m generally not a fan of honeybush or roobois (tastes like cardboard), but this one is pretty okay. Can’t say it’ll ever be a favorite but of the honeybush I’ve tried, this is the best. It makes me think of a heavily doctored cup of coffee – in a good way.

Creamy and subtly sweet, reminiscent of honey with a splash of hazelnut as an aftertaste.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Herbal TTB

A very nice honey bush with a nutty taste. In all, a smooth tasty tea. I have about an ounce which I am glad for because I think I’ll enjoy this a lot. I often need a good caf. free alternative to my favorite flavored blacks.

Adagio is only about 20 miles a way so there is some chance of getting there some time for a refill.

I had 2 stashes of this tea. One stash I bought at Lollicup across the street, the other I got with a sample pack from Adagio. The stash from across the street smelled amazing. Really really hazelnut. The stash from the sample pack smelled of chemical BLAH! Before I had a chance to really determined what was going on I had dumped them together in the same container.

So I brewed a mug hoping for the best. Not undrinkable, but there is definitely a chemical funk to this one. I had really high hopes for this as I love the Hazelnut black and the first stash of tea smelled so nice. Oh well. My wallet is thanking me for a tea I don’t dig.

That’s frustrating

The hazelnut flavor here is intense, which is actually perfect because I am not sure I like honeybush without any flavoring. I think this will be even better with milk.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML