Honeybush Hazelnut

Herbal Honeybush Blend
Hazelnut, Vanilla, Wood, Bark, Honey, Nutty, Cedar, Nuts, Smooth, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Adagio Teas

Hazelnut is often paired with chocolates and other confections due to their sweet flavor, creating a decadent treat. This pairing of sweet honeybush and hazelnut is no exception. Enjoy this flavorful caffeine-free tea any time of the day!

About Adagio Teas View company

I started drinking more honeybush tea as an alternative to caffeinated black teas. For me, they did just the trick. Their flavors are warm, caramel-like, and the hazelnut makes this tea almost like a favorite coffee treat. It does tend to be a bit light on flavor and color, so I tend to steep for several long minutes or use more leaves. When I can have caffeine this blends well with other black teas, lending the barky, nutty, sweetness to a deeper flavor. I don’t think honeybush is related to rooibos, but I could be wrong; the honeybush is a nuttier tea, and has none of the medicine-like flavor rooibos tends to have. This flavor is best had warm and in the evening.

Flavors: Bark, Hazelnut, Honey, Nutty

I liked this! This was my first Honeybush! After Rooibos made me ill with memories of childhood medicines, I didn’t think a near-sibling would be my cuppa if you know what I mean! I was surprised. The first thing I noticed when I opened the bag was the hazelnut aroma which is delicious and warm. The scent that astounded me was when the tea was brewed and poured; a sort of indescribable “woody” scent that reminded me of cedar, only not cedar… just another similarly potent WOOD smell. It was delightful and strange. I sweetened the tea a little with sugar and sipped on it warm. It was delightfully light, sweeter than I expected which means the tea has a natural sweetness to it, and full of hazelnut flavor. This was a really nutty, woody, deliciously sweet tea that I will put less sugar in next time! Will buy some as my sample had only 3 cups worth, and I will definitely have need of more!

Flavors: Cedar, Hazelnut, Nuts, Smooth, Sweet, Wood

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Tea #3 from the tea box. Made a cup for my hubby this morning. Knowing how much he loved Frangelico I thought this would be a good fit. He likes the smell but he says nut tea just don’t quite get the taste profile he is looking for. I’ve poured a little cup for myself as well. I’m amazed at how much hazelnut flavor there is. It really is quite good. Tried it both warm and cold. Works both ways.

155 °F / 68 °C 6 min, 15 sec 1 tsp

I really enjoy this tea! It has a nuttiness and sweetest to it. It almost reminds me of hazelnut coffee!

Great by itself. I’m going to try blending it next time though

Awesome tea. I love the aroma from it along with the taste.

blended with irish breakfast, very good