Honeybush Hazelnut

Hazelnut, Vanilla, Wood, Bark, Honey, Nutty, Cedar, Nuts, Smooth, Sweet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by GalInTheGreyHat

From Adagio Teas

Hazelnut is often paired with chocolates and other confections due to their sweet flavor, creating a decadent treat. This pairing of sweet honeybush and hazelnut is no exception. Enjoy this flavorful caffeine-free tea any time of the day!

About Adagio Teas View company

I truly liked this tea.
It reminded me of Nutella.
How can you go wrong with a tea that tastes like Nutella?
Very comforting.

Flavors: Hazelnut, Vanilla

I love this tea. I bought sample baggies of Adagio’s black Hazelnut tea and this one at the same time, and this one was definitely my favourite. The black tea was quite nice and hazelnutty when brewed quite strong and then with milk and sugar, whereas this one is just wonderfully hazelnutty on its own without much fuss. No bitterness, a lot of hazelnut, and a bit of something else that gives it depth. I’d take it that’s the honeybush, but as this is the only honeybush I’ve tried, I can’t really judge. I’m sure to try more, though! I think I definitely prefer honeybush to rooibos.

That’s it! No more honeybush til I get a better infuser! It’s insane just how much of this I ended up chewing….it’s a good thing it tasted good. I think I would rather blend this with something than to drink it straight, but I was very pleasantly surprised with its flavor. It would pair wonderfully with chocolate flavors. I’m going to try making a cup of this mixed with a bit of the Cream sample that I also got from Adagio. This also makes me want to try their black tea version of hazelnut. It’s certainly nice to have a cup of this sitting nearby just to smell it!

I finally caved and bought a pound of this since I love it so much. As always, I used two teaspoons and added some chai spices and a bit of sweetener. It makes for a smooth, subtle hazelnut-spice flavor that is incredibly warming and soothing. It was especially welcome this morning since I’m tired after running errands all day yesterday and the boys were taking turns screaming for my attention this morning. Ah, the joys of motherhood. But baby is one week old today, and overall it’s been a very good week so I really can’t complain.

Flavors: Hazelnut, Wood

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I started drinking more honeybush tea as an alternative to caffeinated black teas. For me, they did just the trick. Their flavors are warm, caramel-like, and the hazelnut makes this tea almost like a favorite coffee treat. It does tend to be a bit light on flavor and color, so I tend to steep for several long minutes or use more leaves. When I can have caffeine this blends well with other black teas, lending the barky, nutty, sweetness to a deeper flavor. I don’t think honeybush is related to rooibos, but I could be wrong; the honeybush is a nuttier tea, and has none of the medicine-like flavor rooibos tends to have. This flavor is best had warm and in the evening.

Flavors: Bark, Hazelnut, Honey, Nutty

I liked this! This was my first Honeybush! After Rooibos made me ill with memories of childhood medicines, I didn’t think a near-sibling would be my cuppa if you know what I mean! I was surprised. The first thing I noticed when I opened the bag was the hazelnut aroma which is delicious and warm. The scent that astounded me was when the tea was brewed and poured; a sort of indescribable “woody” scent that reminded me of cedar, only not cedar… just another similarly potent WOOD smell. It was delightful and strange. I sweetened the tea a little with sugar and sipped on it warm. It was delightfully light, sweeter than I expected which means the tea has a natural sweetness to it, and full of hazelnut flavor. This was a really nutty, woody, deliciously sweet tea that I will put less sugar in next time! Will buy some as my sample had only 3 cups worth, and I will definitely have need of more!

Flavors: Cedar, Hazelnut, Nuts, Smooth, Sweet, Wood

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Hazelnuts are my favorite nut so I had to try this. I dumped a lil too much in so I just equalled that out with water. Of course I completely forgot I was steeping it. Good thing it doesn’t matter for honeybush. Pretty surreit was at least 15 mins of steeping. But it ended up being a good thing. It intensified the hazelnut flavor immensely. Kinda makes me think of Frangelico. Nomnom.

I really enjoy this tea! It has a nuttiness and sweetest to it. It almost reminds me of hazelnut coffee!

Great by itself. I’m going to try blending it next time though

Awesome tea. I love the aroma from it along with the taste.