Honeybush Mango

Fruit Honeybush Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “Sipdown!! (218) I have finally done it *MissB*! I have finally finished off the massive amount of this tea you sent me (I may have cheated though because I sent away a fair bit). This tea was...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2068 tasting notes
  • “Since the wonderful *__Morgana__* called me out of hiding this morning I felt it imperative that I follow through with my statement that I should have some of this tea tonight. And to also log it....” Read full tasting note
    Rabs 361 tasting notes
  • “I got this tea from the lovely *Missb* who sent me a very generous sample! Thank you so much :) You are awesome!! As the tea cools down, I'm starting to be able to taste the mango more. It's...” Read full tasting note
    Kinsa 96 tasting notes
  • “This is the first in my Adagio honeybush sampler. [Looks around for *Rabs*...] I am somewhat bewildered by my decision to buy the honeybush sampler, but at least I had the foresight not to buy...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

An ancient Hindu legend recounts the story of the mango tree growing from the ashes of the sun princess who had been incinerated by an evil sorceress. When the mango ripened and fell to the ground, the beautiful sun princess emerged. Our new organic Honeybush Mango tea combines the taste of honey-scented Honeybush with the flavor of perfectly ripened mangoes. Sun princess sold separately. Naturally caffeine-free.

About Adagio Teas View company

ICED! Delicious! I made 4 cups with 2 tbsp of honey to lightly sweeten the batch. Came out fantastic, and is actually a little sweeter than I thought it would be. Maybe I’ll go with 2 tbsp of honey next time.

Iced 7 min, 0 sec

Office sipdown. I picked up a bunch of rooibos and honeybush samples from Adagio. This is the first honeybush I can remember trying (there may have been another. My brain is fuzzy today) and I like this. Not love it, but it’s pleasant.

The flavor is very light. Subtly sweet. I can’t taste much mango at all – maybe some sugar will help. Answer: no – I just brewed a new cup with sugar and the flavor didn’t change as far as I can tell.

Christina

This one makes a good iced tea (although I like their honeybush vanilla and honeybush hazelnut more), so you may want to try the rest of this iced.

When I opened the package it immediately smelled like: Hello! I’m Mango! It wasn’t too artificial smelling and I really like the way the sweetness of the honeybush complimented the mango sweetness.
After brewing it, I still liked the scent and it still smelled really balanced. I like how it’s not a sharp mango scent but the really nice rounded smell of really nice ripe mango.
This is an excellent tea to just drink. It’s relatively uncomplex tasting, but that’s okay. It’s not hiding any secrets, it doesn’t really have the flavors unfold, but it is very smooth and has an awesome mouth feel – it’s very thick. As I let it cool (I really hate drinking super hot things) it seemed like it good sweeter and even more mellow. I should really try it iced.
All in all, it’s not anything surprising, except that I like it a surprising amount :)

2017 tasting notes

I purchased the Adagio honeybush sampler about a month back and have slowly been working my way through it. While I don’t really care for rooibos I’ve decided that I really like honeybush as one of my bed time options. It has a sweetness to it that you just dont get from chamomile.

This tea is pretty sweet on its own, but adding a hint of rock sugar really made the mango flavor pop for me. Without the sugar the flavor fell a little flat, the mango didn’t come across as much as I wanted. One thing I did notice was that the mango was more apparent after I had left the tea in the fridge for 24hrs. I completely forgot I had stuffed my leftover tea in the fridge when I had to run into town at the last minute for groceries last night. It made for a pretty good iced tea this morning with breakfast. This wasn’t my favorite honeybush blend from Adagio, but overall it wasn’t bad.

Mixed 2 parts Honeybush Mango with 1 part Ocean of Wisdom, add just a little honey. Awesome!

I thought I’d try this after sipping Butiki’s Mango Lassi earlier in the week. Today was snowy, bitterly cold, and therefore perfect for sipping and reading, and the Honeybush Mango seemed like a really good fit for these activities! I didn’t get all the way up to the recommended 212F because I was really impatient, but it worked out just fine: the tea has a definite ‘tea’ note, particularly up front, but sweetness, too (granted, this is my first honeybush—I like rooibos a lot and this seemed like another good choice).

There seems to be a bit of sweet sunshine-ness in this (if that makes sense), especially on the finish, and I don’t add sweetener to my teas very often; the sweetness is not overwhelming or hyper-mango, but it is good! Definitely a keeper. Also, one mug cooled a bit (hey, I’m reading a really good book)—it’s good cold, too! So this would be marvellous iced as well.

Not enough Mango for me… I do love mango though.

Boiling 8 min or more

For some reason I thought this was a rooibos. But then realized it was a honeybush tea. That would explain why there isn’t as much flavor here. (I think honeybush teas have less flavor than rooibos teas.) I like the “honey” flavor of honeybush, but I like the woodier stronger flavor of rooibos better, most of the time. There isn’t much mango flavor here either. I bought a new infuser with a mesh/screenlike material to hold in my rooibos/honeybush teas. I can’t say it worked better.. the “leaves” are so tiny they fit through the screen! I’d like to try more Adagio teas, because this one is probably one of the weaker teas from them I could try. But I won’t give up on them yet. I wish I had the money to buy all the custom blends I created! (They are listed in my Steepster shopping list if you want to take a look.)

Sample from I’m pretty sure VariaTEA – but I have a hunch she may have first acquired it from MissB? I guess it doesn’t matter; I’ll just thank ’em both.

Thank you both.

I’ve been sitting on this sample for a while; figuratively, not literally – and I thought now was a decent enough time to break it open. So I cold brewed it for my date, and I drank it while I walked to the restaurant to meet him. I thought it was actually surprisingly good! The rooibos was almost unnoticeable and the mango was juicy in the same way I find the mango flavour in 52Teas’ Cucumber Mango Shou Mei to be.

The reason I put it off so long was definitely because of the mango; I’m kinda picky about that flavour – but I guess I didn’t need to fear! I only have a little left, so it’ll be prepared hot next time around . Which will probably be today; this note is backlogged from Tuesday.

VariaTEA

It was from me and it did originate from MissB so goof job remembering. In other news, I picked up teas from Sil and she gave me some stuff for you which means I will be packaging another envelope for you soon enough.

Roswell Strange

Oh, but I just got tea from Sil… You’re all crazy :P

Haha I don’t know.

Suziqzer

Love it! You ladies and your tea swapping crazyiness!

Oh, this is a massive HELL NO.

I cold-steeped it overnight and tried a sip this morning and it tasted like whiskey. WHISKEY.
This is not what I’m expecting at 7am on a Monday morning!

(and down the sink it went…)

Umm… thank you VariaTEA? Hahahah (187)

VariaTEA

OMG, I am so sorry. I never got whiskey however I only tried it hot.

looseTman

Or do you mean, “Oh, this is a massive HELL NO!

JustJames

….. wait, i got it, when i read this i saw will smith! lol.

MissLena

Irish whiskey for St. Patrick’s Day? :D

looseTman

With a score of 3 & “a massive HELL NO”, it sounds like a nominee for the “Hall of Shame”

Cavocorax

Yep. It totally is a nominee. Such a fail. I totally did that whole body shudder that I do when I quaff hardbar without mix. I don’t do alcohol well and this tea was just too close.

I like the suggestion to bold it. :D

looseTman

Per your Bio: “So far it seems that I prefer unflavoured black teas, although I still drink a few that are flavoured each day too.”

“It is pointless to resist the DARK side!”

looseTman

Have you seen this recent discussion thread?

Cavocorax

I hadn’t until now! Now, it seems like my preferences vary depending on my mood. Sometimes I want serious business unflavoured tea, and usually in th evenings, I like to drink dessert and flavoured teas. Fandom teas are utterly silly but I enjoy them because they inspire different moods! I try to be open to trying anything too.

But I won’t try that one again.