Honeybush Mango

Fruit Honeybush Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “Sipdown!! (218) I have finally done it *MissB*! I have finally finished off the massive amount of this tea you sent me (I may have cheated though because I sent away a fair bit). This tea was...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2068 tasting notes
  • “Since the wonderful *__Morgana__* called me out of hiding this morning I felt it imperative that I follow through with my statement that I should have some of this tea tonight. And to also log it....” Read full tasting note
    Rabs 361 tasting notes
  • “I got this tea from the lovely *Missb* who sent me a very generous sample! Thank you so much :) You are awesome!! As the tea cools down, I'm starting to be able to taste the mango more. It's...” Read full tasting note
    Kinsa 96 tasting notes
  • “This is the first in my Adagio honeybush sampler. [Looks around for *Rabs*...] I am somewhat bewildered by my decision to buy the honeybush sampler, but at least I had the foresight not to buy...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

An ancient Hindu legend recounts the story of the mango tree growing from the ashes of the sun princess who had been incinerated by an evil sorceress. When the mango ripened and fell to the ground, the beautiful sun princess emerged. Our new organic Honeybush Mango tea combines the taste of honey-scented Honeybush with the flavor of perfectly ripened mangoes. Sun princess sold separately. Naturally caffeine-free.

About Adagio Teas View company

I just received the Honeybush Sampler from Adagio Tea, which includes this one. We’re having a heat wave and I was in the mood for iced tea, so I made 32oz yesterday (4 teaspoons) and put it in the freezer immediately afterward for 30 minutes (I was impatient…). I had a sip when it was still hot, and it was okay. Because of my impatience, I had to add ice (which watered it down) and it was slightly better cold than it was hot, but it was still only okay…

…until I made another batch last night with the addition of rock sugar (4 teaspoons). This time I was patient and let it sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes before putting it in the fridge overnight. WOW!!! What a difference the sugar made. I love Teavana’s rock sugar because it enhances the flavor rather than tasting like added sweetener. This was incredible and was possibly the best iced tea I’ve made up to this point. Next time I might put in a little less sugar, but overall I am pretty happy with this as an iced tea.

Did I just get a bad batch? I found this awful, it tasted like floral perfume! I ended up giving the rest of mine away. Not a fan at all – not sure if it’s the honeybush or the mango flavoring that ruined it for me.

This tea is so smooth, and overall, it’s really tasty. It’s naturally sweet and very pleasant. The mango, however, is kind of barely there. It’s present in the aroma but only faintly there in the actual taste. In fact, am I really even tasting it, or am I imagining the taste because I know it should be there? I feel like my mind’s playing games with me.

This is decent, although it’s pretty much woody honeybush with the merest hint of a mango half-remembered. I can’t decide if it’s better hot or iced, but maybe hot because cold and woody is kind of a weird flavor. A little bit of honey takes the edge off of the woodiness, and if I made it again I might steep it for less time. I’m also tempted to try tossing in a few chunks of actual dried mango.

Like the other fruit flavored honeybush teas I find that the mango taste is fairly light and blends into the honeybush fairly well. Best described as honeybush with light mango flavor notes in the background.

Simple, and delicious. My favorite honeybush so far- could easily be blended with a different tea to give it new life.