Honeybush Mango

Fruit Honeybush Blend
Pepper
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Adagio Teas

An ancient Hindu legend recounts the story of the mango tree growing from the ashes of the sun princess who had been incinerated by an evil sorceress. When the mango ripened and fell to the ground, the beautiful sun princess emerged. Our new organic Honeybush Mango tea combines the taste of honey-scented Honeybush with the flavor of perfectly ripened mangoes. Sun princess sold separately. Naturally caffeine-free.

About Adagio Teas View company

Sample from I’m pretty sure VariaTEA – but I have a hunch she may have first acquired it from MissB? I guess it doesn’t matter; I’ll just thank ’em both.

Thank you both.

I’ve been sitting on this sample for a while; figuratively, not literally – and I thought now was a decent enough time to break it open. So I cold brewed it for my date, and I drank it while I walked to the restaurant to meet him. I thought it was actually surprisingly good! The rooibos was almost unnoticeable and the mango was juicy in the same way I find the mango flavour in 52Teas’ Cucumber Mango Shou Mei to be.

The reason I put it off so long was definitely because of the mango; I’m kinda picky about that flavour – but I guess I didn’t need to fear! I only have a little left, so it’ll be prepared hot next time around . Which will probably be today; this note is backlogged from Tuesday.

VariaTEA

It was from me and it did originate from MissB so goof job remembering. In other news, I picked up teas from Sil and she gave me some stuff for you which means I will be packaging another envelope for you soon enough.

Roswell Strange

Oh, but I just got tea from Sil… You’re all crazy :P

Haha I don’t know.

Suziqzer

Love it! You ladies and your tea swapping crazyiness!

Oh, this is a massive HELL NO.

I cold-steeped it overnight and tried a sip this morning and it tasted like whiskey. WHISKEY.
This is not what I’m expecting at 7am on a Monday morning!

(and down the sink it went…)

Umm… thank you VariaTEA? Hahahah (187)

VariaTEA

OMG, I am so sorry. I never got whiskey however I only tried it hot.

looseTman

Or do you mean, “Oh, this is a massive HELL NO!

JustJames

….. wait, i got it, when i read this i saw will smith! lol.

MissLena

Irish whiskey for St. Patrick’s Day? :D

looseTman

With a score of 3 & “a massive HELL NO”, it sounds like a nominee for the “Hall of Shame”

Cavocorax

Yep. It totally is a nominee. Such a fail. I totally did that whole body shudder that I do when I quaff hardbar without mix. I don’t do alcohol well and this tea was just too close.

I like the suggestion to bold it. :D

looseTman

Per your Bio: “So far it seems that I prefer unflavoured black teas, although I still drink a few that are flavoured each day too.”

“It is pointless to resist the DARK side!”

looseTman

Have you seen this recent discussion thread?

Cavocorax

I hadn’t until now! Now, it seems like my preferences vary depending on my mood. Sometimes I want serious business unflavoured tea, and usually in th evenings, I like to drink dessert and flavoured teas. Fandom teas are utterly silly but I enjoy them because they inspire different moods! I try to be open to trying anything too.

But I won’t try that one again.

I just received the Honeybush Sampler from Adagio Tea, which includes this one. We’re having a heat wave and I was in the mood for iced tea, so I made 32oz yesterday (4 teaspoons) and put it in the freezer immediately afterward for 30 minutes (I was impatient…). I had a sip when it was still hot, and it was okay. Because of my impatience, I had to add ice (which watered it down) and it was slightly better cold than it was hot, but it was still only okay…

…until I made another batch last night with the addition of rock sugar (4 teaspoons). This time I was patient and let it sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes before putting it in the fridge overnight. WOW!!! What a difference the sugar made. I love Teavana’s rock sugar because it enhances the flavor rather than tasting like added sweetener. This was incredible and was possibly the best iced tea I’ve made up to this point. Next time I might put in a little less sugar, but overall I am pretty happy with this as an iced tea.

Did I just get a bad batch? I found this awful, it tasted like floral perfume! I ended up giving the rest of mine away. Not a fan at all – not sure if it’s the honeybush or the mango flavoring that ruined it for me.

This tea is so smooth, and overall, it’s really tasty. It’s naturally sweet and very pleasant. The mango, however, is kind of barely there. It’s present in the aroma but only faintly there in the actual taste. In fact, am I really even tasting it, or am I imagining the taste because I know it should be there? I feel like my mind’s playing games with me.

This is decent, although it’s pretty much woody honeybush with the merest hint of a mango half-remembered. I can’t decide if it’s better hot or iced, but maybe hot because cold and woody is kind of a weird flavor. A little bit of honey takes the edge off of the woodiness, and if I made it again I might steep it for less time. I’m also tempted to try tossing in a few chunks of actual dried mango.

Like the other fruit flavored honeybush teas I find that the mango taste is fairly light and blends into the honeybush fairly well. Best described as honeybush with light mango flavor notes in the background.

Simple, and delicious. My favorite honeybush so far- could easily be blended with a different tea to give it new life.