Decaf Apricot

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “My evening cuppa listening to my Girl Scout Troop plan for a campout we are having this weekend. I am wondering if the 6-10 inches of snow in our forecast will slow us down any.... I did pack my...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 956 tasting notes
  • “Spent the morning and a good chunk of the afternoon writing hard in a room with no windows...emerged hoping for a shot of real light (I am convinced that I run on solar batteries), and...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1627 tasting notes
  • “This is a decent example of green tea lightly flavored with apricot. This smells as good as it tastes, which is pretty darn close. It's not one of my favorites, but I do enjoy the pleasant taste...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “This tea begins well. A full and rich peach-apricot flavor covers the faintly apparent taste of plain black tea. But as you continue to sip, the whole experience is overcome by bitterness. Soon,...” Read full tasting note
    goodTea 33 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Decaf Apricot tea with sweet apricots. Decaffeinated using a natural CO-2 process, that allows leaves to retain their delicate shape and flavor.

About Adagio Teas View company

My evening cuppa listening to my Girl Scout Troop plan for a campout we are having this weekend. I am wondering if the 6-10 inches of snow in our forecast will slow us down any…. I did pack my tea for the weekend first!
Lightly sweet and I can definitely taste the apricot. Lovely and relaxing with a little sweetener. (I am seeing a pattern here….tea greatly adds to my relaxation. Awesome!)

gmathis

What a brave woman you are! What ages are your girls? (Fifth graders are about my favorite people on the planet.) Will GSA headquarters allow you to award badges for skill in tea preparation? :)

SimplyJenW

My girls are 7th graders (12 and 13), but I have had them in my troop since they were in K! We are managing the early teens pretty well. They are all good kids, just loud! We are at about 6 inches of snow with at least 4 more expected. At some point it will become a safety issue (not to mention the latrine is a bit of a walk from the cabin). We may have to plan differently.

LOL on the badges for tea prep, but then I wish I had known how to prepare tea properly much earlier than I did!

Spent the morning and a good chunk of the afternoon writing hard in a room with no windows…emerged hoping for a shot of real light (I am convinced that I run on solar batteries), and discovered….blecccccch. Iron gray skies. So, to soothe my sagging psyche, I made myself a sunny little cuppa, left it all five minutes as prescribed on tin. Nice, except folding laundry and drinking it simultaneously sorta sucked the medicinal value out of it.

This is a decent example of green tea lightly flavored with apricot. This smells as good as it tastes, which is pretty darn close. It’s not one of my favorites, but I do enjoy the pleasant taste of juicy apricots mixed with quality green tea (which tastes just slightly grassy). I always recommend to brew green tea less than other teas, so I never brew this longer than 2 1/2-3 mins. I do like the decaf factor, especially in the afternoons.

This tea begins well. A full and rich peach-apricot flavor covers the faintly apparent taste of plain black tea. But as you continue to sip, the whole experience is overcome by bitterness. Soon, all that remains is a bitter and astringent aftertaste, and then your tongue and mouth begin to feel dried-out. Not recommended.

I forgot about this and waay oversteeped it, so I’m not going to give an official rating just yet. The tea smelt really good, but didn’t taste like it had any sweetness even though I added sugar, no doubt because the tea had gone bitter. Eh, next time.

This tea just makes me feel warm-fuzzy-happy (I actually said “nom nom nom” the first time I tried it). Someone else noted a weird tongue-feeling, and I did experience it one of the times I made it, but it’s not enough to make me stop drinking it. I’ll probably try to keep a sample size on hand since it is a nice evening option. NE