Decaf Ceylon

Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

From Adagio Teas

Classic black tea from the island of Sri Lanka. Clean, tangy aroma, medium body, with sweet citrus notes like mandarin, and refreshing astringency. A gentle, natural decaffeination process retains the delicate shape and flavor of the tea leaves.

About Adagio Teas View company

I fixed a 4 cup pot of this for my wife and I last night. First time I’ve tried Adagio’s Decaf Ceylon. In short, it was a disaster! The tea had an off taste that I can only describe as “fish stock” and I poured the whole pot down the drain (I abhor fish stock and anything made with it).
For the record: 2 heaping teaspoons steeped with boiling water 4 minutes. The off taste was present at 90 seconds when I checked for color and just got worse with time.

You can certainly smell a hint of and taste a good portion of the citrus. Light in Color. Tremendously smooth going down.

Living in a border city is both a blessing and a curse. I get to order from companies that have shipping costs far too high for Canada but I can get them delivered to the states and I save myself so much money! It’s fantastic. And it’s bad. haha Yesterday I picked up two orders. One from Adagio of just a few teas I’ve been dying to try including my two own custom blends, and one from a website called Enjoyingtea.com. I got some yixing pots on there as they were on sale and I ended up with some free tea samples in TINS! But like nice tins. I was stunned but very happy. Now I need to slow down to a STOP on buying tea and accessories now that I have everything I’ve been looking for and need to drink what I have. Only 6 weeks til baby is here and I can start trying more of the teas that have been taboo for so long… I think Iced teas are the way I’m going to go and lots of travel mugs that keep tea hot for long periods of time…

Anyways, this is one of the teas that I ordered from Adagio as it’s a simple black decaf tea. It isn’t too bad… I’m steeping it up today for 3 mins with a bit of german rock sugar and a little skim milk (mostly to just change the colour). It’s definitely a dark colour when steeped, but in some ways the taste isn’t as strong as I would have liked. I think next time I’ll add just a bit more leaves for my cup (there’s a good chance I underleafed for the size of mug I’m using).

But I am enjoying the subtle flavour of this one. It’s nice to have a decaf tea that you can enjoy anytime. And even though I’m not really getting the characteristics that the tea says I should be getting, it’ll be nice to have this one around as sometimes it’s nice just to have a basic tea in the cupboard. I just hope that when I add more leaves that more flavour will come out.. .it’s very basic and kind of weak.

Anlina

Living in Winnipeg is great for cross border parcel runs. Thunder Bay was even better. It’s too bad the dollar sucks so much right now.

Very nice. Decaf process hasn’t stripped out the gentle flavor.