Decaf Mango

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

• “I have a hard time explaining why I like this tea so much. A big part of it is simply because it is decaffeinated. I normally drink unflavored teas, but the huge difference in quality between...” Read full tasting note
    Dr Jim 60 tasting notes
  • “I am writing this one in retrospect.....all the way to yesterday! This was my evening tea....and I quite enjoyed it. It is too funny in that I was pretty sure I had Decaf Strawberry rather than...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 958 tasting notes
  • “The mango flavor was really prominent in the tea. This tea was about as bitter as most teas are, but I'm very sensitive to bitterness, so I didn't finish this cup. (AKA, I think most people would...” Read full tasting note
    ragashanti 92 tasting notes
  • “The dry leaf smells like mango, the liquor smells like maple syrup and the tea tastes like mango. What a strange tea this is. From the Caffeine Free TTB, back it goes to please the palates of my...” Read full tasting note
    ajkiv2411 52 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Decaf Mango Black tea combines the natural citrusy quality of premium Ceylon black tea with the flavor of perfectly ripened mangoes. Juicy texture, creamy-dry finish with great floral aromatics and candy sweetness. A gentle, natural decaffeination process retains the delicate shape and flavor of the tea leaves.

About Adagio Teas View company

I have a hard time explaining why I like this tea so much. A big part of it is simply because it is decaffeinated. I normally drink unflavored teas, but the huge difference in quality between regular and decaf makes it difficult to switch to decaffeinated tea in the evening. Also, my favorite tea is Keemun and I’ve never seen a decaf Keemun

My go-to evening tea has been Harney and Son’s vanilla Comoro, which does a great job of blending the flavor of tea with Vanilla. This tea is like that as well. It has a big, fruity aroma, but with tea there as well. The taste is also a good mix of fruit and tea. Lots of body, yet smooth and very little bitterness. Not at all sophisticated or complex (which I usually insist upon) but just enjoyable to drink.

I don’t eat mango enough to say that this smells like mango, but I know that I enjoy it. If this were a caffeinated tea with the same characteristics, I probably wouldn’t score it quite this high, but being able to enjoy it at 9 PM is worth a few points.

I am writing this one in retrospect…..all the way to yesterday! This was my evening tea….and I quite enjoyed it. It is too funny in that I was pretty sure I had Decaf Strawberry rather than Mango, but it was the Mango that was out this morning. I am pretty sure since I thought it was Strawberry, I had probably better stick to that one, and forgo the larger size once my sample is gone. It was definitely pleasant, and probably slightly less sweet than Adagio Decaf Strawberry. I do remember thinking that this was a similar flavor to Marco Polo (which I had my first cup of yesterday) but not quite as full and rounded tasting. Hmmm. Maybe I will need more once my sample is gone…….

The mango flavor was really prominent in the tea. This tea was about as bitter as most teas are, but I’m very sensitive to bitterness, so I didn’t finish this cup. (AKA, I think most people would like this tea, and I just prepared it badly.) I think 30 seconds less brew time might work better next time.

The dry leaf smells like mango, the liquor smells like maple syrup and the tea tastes like mango. What a strange tea this is. From the Caffeine Free TTB, back it goes to please the palates of my fellow box recipients.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
AlexaK.

Pretty astringent near the end of the cup, but I get that with a lot of Adagio’s blacks. Is it just me??

madametj

Having fun with the box, I see. :) I’m glad you had better luck with this one because I didn’t taste the mango at all.

I really hated this tea. It smelled like artificial maple syrup and tasted the same. No sign of any kind of mango in sight. What a let down.

The mango is there, but it’s over-powered by what smells and tastes like vanilla (which is not on the list of ingredients, so I’m not sure where it’s coming from). Unfortunately, I strongly dislike any hint of vanilla in my tea. It’s otherwise probably a decent blend. I’m giving it a lower rating for simply not accounting for the vanilla in the ingredients or description.

Republic of Tea’s Mango Ceylon (regular or decaf) remains in first place as my favorite Mango (by a huge margin!). Interestingly, the list of ingredients is identical.

This tastes just like you’d expect – the typical Adagio ceylon with a bit of mango flavor. Great for the warm weather today – I think I’ll have my next cup iced!

This tea has a wonderful mango aroma with a lighter mango taste. A great anytime tea but especially good cool or iced. Add a little sugar to make it a perfect sweet tea.