Decaf Vanilla

Sweet, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

From Adagio Teas

Adagio’s Decaf Vanilla Black combines the pure, sugary-spicy flavor of vanilla with bright Ceylon black tea from Sri Lanka. Soothing, sweet and very ‘beany’ vanilla fragrance (like warm sugar cookies made with fresh vanilla beans). Very well-blended and pleasant astringency in the finish. A gentle, natural decaffeination process retains the delicate shape and flavor of the tea leaves.

Ingredients: decaf ceylon tea, natural vanilla flavor

About Adagio Teas View company

Finished this one off, too! Glad to have a decaf for the 7:45 cup of tea. Added some sweetener since I was skeptical of decaf and it turned out about as you’d expect. Probably won’t order again since I don’t normally particularly like either decaf or vanilla, but was glad to have this option when I was pregnant and nursing!

gmathis

Good to see you back—-are you able to climb back on the caffeine wagon yet?

laurenpressley

Good to “see” you, too! I am indeed… though it’s slower than I would have guessed to build tea drinking back in a habitual all-day thing. I tend to get in a cup or two a day and that’s ti. I thought re-engaging with Steepster might help. :)

I think I give up on artificially flavored tea…

mpierce87

Oh, don’t give up on flavored teas, there are a lot of great ones. Check out 52teas or Golden Moon – both have great flavored teas that don’t taste artificial.

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

There are some great flavored teas out there. Just be patient and you will find them.

cody

I think I might just be sensitive to something in these teas. I get a strong, bitter, almost chemical taste in my Adagio flavored teas (except the Cinnamon) whereas my husband, who thinks all tea “tastes like hot water,” doesn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. But thanks, I’ll be sure to give something else a try.

Yikes. This one is heaps better hot and sweet and milky as a dessert tea than it is black, unsweetened, cold, and iced. Note to self, ice the plain ones and the fruity ones, not the vanillas and almonds and stuff. It doesn’t lose any points for being ungood cold, but this one is eternally kicked out of the ‘second steep it and drink it cold and plain the next day’ rotation.

Quite decent but I would love to see more vanilla flavor in it, or to be more exact, a sweeter kind of vanilla, reminiscent of cookies. The one Adagio uses is like vanilla extract in a bottle – smells yummy but tastes bitter.

Very good, mild tea! Some who love the super strength and potency of other teas may not love this tea, but it’s great for those with a more delicate pallet!
-Can be double steeped

No overly impressed with this tea. It wasn’t horrible or anything it just wasn’t great. I had it will a bit of milk and it distinctly reminded of when I experimented with putting French vanilla creamer in black tea. It kind of results in a weak tea, fake vanilla flavor. I will finish the sample I got but definitely won’t be buying more.

has an overwhelming smell …. smells very good, but its just so overpowering that i find it unpleasant after a while

that being said the taste is pretty mild, pretty good.. i mix it with chamomile for afternoon tea, as the chamomile neutralizes the smell of the vanilla and the vanilla masks the taste of the chamomile( that im not too fond of )

with this being my first decaf/flavored tea it doesn’t exactly encourage me to try others but as a mask for the chamomile it makes a very acceptable cup that’s relaxing

I would not call this a “natural” vanilla flavor – more like vanilla icing. Aside from that, it’s tasty enough, and satisfies my evening vanilla tea cravings without the caffeine. Don’t oversteep, it will get bitter.

Samples Only TTB

I could have guessed I’d enjoy Adagio’s decaf Vanilla. I have tried their vanilla tea before and their decafs are a joy. So I have little to say except that this tea is just what I expected: A good cup of delicious black tea with an excellent vanilla flavor. It is just as tasty as the non-decaf version and it comes alive with sugar and cream. :)

Flavors: Sweet, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Had this chilled and milky, mixed with hazelnut. Preferred this to drinking it hot, but still isn’t really my thing.

Iced