Doctor Who - One

Edit tea info Last updated by Sami Kelsh

From Adagio Teas

The granddaddy of it all. Beneath the First Doctor’s grumpy exterior lies an infinite curiosity, and a surprising capacity for love. Starts with a rich assam, tempered with lashings of chestnut and cream.

About Adagio Teas View company

Well, I made us nectarine buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup, so it stands to reason I’d pair a tea with maple-y chestnutty goodness in it, right? Oh yeah.

This is one of my ultimate comfort teas. I’ve fed this to quite a fair few people now, and every time I do, they get that dreamy look on their face, like, recalling the feeling of a really cozy hug. It’s also the face I make when I watch pretty much any Hartnell episode of Doctor Who. It’s quite a plain tea as flavoured blends go, but that lets the lovely assam shine through the gentle flavours rather than being hidden beneath it, lending a serious backbone to the warmth and sweetness of chestnut and cream. I keep an extra bag of this on hand because I’d be lost if I ever ran out. Oh, lovely One. Quite so, quite so, hmm!