Felix Felicis

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Hazelnut Natural Flavouring, Honeybush, Natural Almond Flavor, Natural Caramel Flavor, Rooibos
Caramel, Hazelnut, Honey, Maple Syrup, Almond, Nuts, Nutty, Peanut, Butterscotch, Medicinal, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by lolainred

From Adagio Teas

Also known as Liquid Luck. This is a magical potion. Felix Felicis makes the drinker lucky for a period of time, depending on how much is taken, during which everything they attempt will be successful. It’s meant to be used sparingly, however, as it causes giddiness, recklessness, and dangerous overconfidence if taken in excess. Felix is highly toxic in large quantities and is also a banned substance in all organised competitions, such as Quidditch, along with all other methods of cheating. It is very difficult to make, disastrous to get wrong, and requires six months to stew before it’s ready to be consumed.

rooibos almond, rooibos caramel, honeybush hazelnut

About Adagio Teas View company

This is a comforting sort of cup – it’s nutty and tastes kinda like fall leaves look, although at first taste it’s a bit thin, flavour-wise. A hefty slosh of soymilk helped to balance out the toasted hazlenut notes and left me with something that reminds me vaguely of cookies.

It’s not the cup I expected to get from this tea, but it’s definitely delicious. Better suited to an evening cup than a morning one, though, so I’ll save this for my pre-bed ritual from here on out.

Mmmm… honeybush goodness. Like others have noted, I mostly get a roast, nutty flavor from this tea. An excellent cup for before bed :)

Delicious, refreshing, and golden.

Flavors: Caramel

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 7 OZ / 207 ML

Hazelnut, honeybush, and rooibos…wow.

Another sampling of the 2014 Herbal TTB.

I had not yet looked at the ingredients list, when I opened the package, but it smelled amazing, and I could not wait to make a cup of it. Based on how my last two cups of the morning have gone, I fully anticipated oversteeping this one, too.

Only an extra minute got added onto the steep time. Hazelnut is prominent, but the taste itself is not overly sweet. Rather, it is more roasted nut flavor, which makes for a pleasant cup.

Herbal Traveling Tea Box

How did I miss this tea when I was doing my Adagio sequence yesterday? Oh, well, this tea served as a great change of pace from all the fruity teas that I have been sampling recently:P Oh, pancakes..This tea reminds me of maple syrup:D Which is really quite good. So I’m quite a small person, but for some reason I can out eat my 200 lb brother when it comes to pancakes. 30 full-sized pancakes in one sitting is not too difficult for me. Ihop never sees it coming when I walk in the door— especially after the Tough Mudder Run. Muahaha>:} But anyways, I’m a fan of maple syrup. This tea also has a lovely hazelnut with a touch of….. caramel?.. It is a bit strong of honeybush but I like that flavor, so I don’t mind. :P

Flavors: Hazelnut, Honey, Maple Syrup

Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 2 g 4 OZ / 118 ML

Every time we go to Denmark, it’s tradition that I cook pancakes for the whole extended family. It has become a “thing” – one brother in law ate 16 pancakes last time. Full sized ones. He was SO sick.

Oh, man. That sounds amazing!!! :D But are pancakes from Denmark made with large sums of oil like the pannenkoeken from the Netherlands? I could easily see that being an issue for a stomach.

They don’t have pancakes like we do, that’s why “American pancakes” are such a thing when we go. Maple syrup is also almost impossible to find. The closest thing they have is a crepe and they eat it with fruit.

I made Golden Honeydew in one of my timolinos recently, and now everything had a slight honeydew flavour to it. I’ve tried scrubbing out the timolino, but it’s just not going away. Today it’s gonna go through the dishwasher, and hopefully that purges what smell is still holding on. So, this didn’t taste quite like what I was going for; but the nut/melon combination wasn’t bad either. The almond flavour and caramel flavours were quite strong as well.

Today’s work of the day is kibosh. Kibosh means “To end something suddenly, stop”. How appropriate with today’s plan to kibosh the lingering smell and taste of Golden Honeydew! I probably couldn’t have picked a better word if I’d tried.

I’m wondering if a denture tablet bubble bath might put that kibosh on the taste. I’ve had luck with my stainless steel mug that way.

Roswell Strange

Usually I use denture tablets; but the last time I did one with this particular timolino I swear I still tasted that delicious blasted melon after. I may to another with double the dose.

I’m not usually a fan of rooibos but I heard good things about this blend. It’s definitely got the typical almost medicine-like rooibos flavor, but it’s balanced with vanilla and caramel flavors and a good touch of honeybush. I put extra honey in it because I’m drinking it on a cozy rainy night with a sore throat and I’m already feeling luckier! It is plenty sweet on its own as well. Have I mentioned this blend has no caffeine? In the cooler months, it is my all time favorite cozy nighttime tea. I’m going to have to stock up so my luck will never end.

Flavors: Butterscotch, Caramel, Hazelnut, Medicinal, Nutty, Vanilla

Sipdown!! (186)

I had a cup of this last night and meant to log it but then ended up playing Munchkins so that didn’t happen. So now I am having it today and after two cups I can officially say I am not loving this. I had high hopes for this one too given the flavors sounded awesome and it was caffeine-free so I wanted it to be great. It is nutty with a hint of sweetness but honeybush and rooibos is present and a bit overwhelming. Well, now I know and I am grateful to Nattie for the chance to try it out. Thank you!!

No. Just. No. This tea was not appealing to me at all. Something about the smell and flavour just turns me off but I cannot put my finger on it.

I really like this one. Its a sweet, comforting rooibos. I love rooibos teas, and everything in this comes together to be a sweet, yummy treat.