Scorpio (The Zodiac Series)

Black Fruit Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Adagio Teas

by Inguna Treps

Scorpio is known as one of the zodiac’s most passionate signs. Serve up sexy, love-enhancing tea you can share with your lover to create romantic moments. Sweet vanilla Rooibos, bestselling Mango Tea and decadent Chocolate Chip.

About Adagio Teas View company

Another tea that smells delicious but fails to be equally subtle upon brewing. I’m not opposed to it (though I bought it as a free sample), but the mango, vanilla, and chocolate did not balance to my taste, and the overall effect is less sweet than I had anticipated- I have yet to really taste the chocolate at all, even as a hint.

I’m going to keep trying it until it’s gone though, in hopes of hitting a good balance. If you add sugar, be sparing- my typical two packets of Sugar in the Raw to a cup will be too much for most people.

This is a great tea…when brewed properly. Brew it too long and its far to bitter. If you don’t brew it long enough its chocolaty taste does not come out well. Its a gret cup of tea for a cold day outside. It also a great tea when the lights are low and the mood is right.

It’s a never ending cycle… at least until I’ve figured it out. Currently it’s ‘feel bad all day’ because I haven’t had tea, and/or ‘feel bad at night’ because I can’t sleep because I had tea too late. lol

I still can’t figure out if I like this one or not. I made a few mugs over the weekend, and two pots today. It SMELLS like chocolate- like the faint whiff you might get if someone at the next table was enjoying a hot chocolate. But it doesn’t taste like chocolate. I kind of wish it smelt like when you’re baking brownies and that lovely chocolate smell fills the kitchen. I wonder if there are any teas like that.

Fair enough, I feel like the first steep of this tea always tastes burnt, even if I leave it in for something like 20 sec. I’m probably doing it wrong, which is sad because I have an entire tin of the stuff. The other steeps are like ‘what is this? I don’t know. What does it taste like? Ummm….". I don’t get the mango, I don’t get the vanilla, I do get the black tea. Maybe I need to rinse the leaves in cold water first?

On the other hand it smells delicious while it’s brewing. And the leaves look soo pretty after you drain them.

205 °F / 96 °C

This ain’t sweet at all! That’s why I like it. Very rich, creamy, subtle….scorpio-like.

Got this as a freebie in my last order. This is extremely sweet and not really my thing, but I am intrigued enough by the vanilla rooibos that I shall probably order a sample of it.

It is a good night to be a scorpio. I brewed this tea with boiling water, and accidently let it steep for 10mins. The tea still brewed up without a bitter edge, with the mango and chocolate notes predominating. Delicious.

Was looking for something to drink and there was this sample from Adagio. I opened the container and the aroma wafting up woke up my senses! The hint of chocolate is what first got me. Then after brewing for 5 minutes, the taste was wonderful: rich, creamy and the hint of chocolate. Not for early morning but mid morning or (I can hardly wait) mid afternoon this is too good!!

Pissed at the world so I will crawl into a dark corner, have a cup of tea with a nice biscotti.