Silver Needle

White Tea
Floral
Edit tea info Last updated by MacchaMan

• “Dear Silver Needle: Thank you for keeping me company on my commute this morning. I very much appreciated that you were not planty or heavy, like your colleague, White Symphony. Thank you for...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “So, I didn't get to *taste* this infusion, but this tea absolutely saved me today. I crushed my finger in the automatic car window today and broke the bone. Serious serious pain. Also, gross...” Read full tasting note
    BlueKittyMeow 124 tasting notes
  • “Soooo. I forgot about this one while I was steeping it. Like I acknowledged the timer, and flipped it off, and then somehow I let the tea keep steeping. So it went about 5-6 minutes. Luckily,...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes
  • “I've tried this before in a sample pack I had back when I first started drinking whole leaf tea. I didn't write a note, though. It might actually have been before I joined Steepster. Anyway, Silver...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1042 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Description

White tea from China. Silver Needle is among the most revered of Chinese teas, produced in the Fuding and Zhenhe districts of its Fujian province. Gathered only in the few days of early spring, the preparation of this tea is governed by strict requirements to ensure a premium product. This dedication to perfection is evident in the cup, which is sweet and delicate with a clean, airy fragrance. Our ‘Sublime Needle’ is a Special Grade (Bai Hao) version of this exquisite tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

With just a little bit of honey, this tea becomes the most soothing, syrupy elixir of any tea I’ve tried. By far my favorite for chilly evenings; I close my eyes and sink into the aroma, taste and sensation of this fine tea.

This was my first white tea and I definitely enjoyed it. It has a delicate flavor and goes down very smoothly.

Flavors: Floral

This was a surprise in a package from Queen of Tarts, and a good one. It is smooth and gentle without being wishy-washy. There’s a clear, sweet honeysuckle note that surprised me, as if it were a jasmine white but softer and sweeter. It all comes together well and is peace-inducing.

Very enjoyable warm, though it is best when using the full 2tsp of tea per cup. It is no waste, because I was able to brew the same leaves 4 times! It is very mild tasting, but not special in my opinion.

Not bad a tea for its price…

It’s fucking delicious.

Definitely buttery with a slightly sweet aftertaste.
A good white tea but not the best I’ve had. I like my white tea varieties on the sweet side and there isn’t much here.

When i first tried it I thought it would have more taste to it, so the next time I tried leaving it in a bit longer and I was rewarded. It’s very grassy and feels fresh.

This tea is incredibly light. To me it was flavorful enough- I definitely could taste a leafy, vegetal flavor with some distinctly floral notes. Still, this is definitely the most delicate white tea I’ve tasted, and I understand that is part of its charm.

This one will need some repeated tastings before I decide whether I enjoy its lightness, or prefer a more full-flavored tea.