Silver Needle

Floral
Edit tea info Last updated by MacchaMan

From Adagio Teas

Description

White tea from China. Silver Needle is among the most revered of Chinese teas, produced in the Fuding and Zhenhe districts of its Fujian province. Gathered only in the few days of early spring, the preparation of this tea is governed by strict requirements to ensure a premium product. This dedication to perfection is evident in the cup, which is sweet and delicate with a clean, airy fragrance. Our ‘Sublime Needle’ is a Special Grade (Bai Hao) version of this exquisite tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

With just a little bit of honey, this tea becomes the most soothing, syrupy elixir of any tea I’ve tried. By far my favorite for chilly evenings; I close my eyes and sink into the aroma, taste and sensation of this fine tea.

First infusion: There’s a little artichoke smell to it among the floral. Taste-wise, I love it. I taste a little floral, a little fruit and a little sweet. Tiny ghost of hay maybe. Refreshing, and warm. Leaves a moist sensation that has a sweetness and coolness to it on the tongue after you’ve swallowed the sip. I’m still new to loose tea, but I enjoy this cup a lot. I’m trying to enjoy teas without added flavorings or sweetener, and for a white tea this one has enough layers to enjoy unadulterated.

Second infusion: Can’t find the fruit smell anymore. Still a little floral and maybe more of the honeysuckle now. Just it’s very subtle. As it cooled off, there’s still artichoke-y and grass-y in the finish. That cooling/moist tongue sensation is still there.

This tea makes me happy I stopped smoking and stopped eating foods with a lot of added artificial flavors and salt. Every sip has different notes to it as the temperature changes. It hits different nerves in my nose and tongue each sip. Cooled off, I don’t think I’d like this iced on it’s own. It’s just too much like mildly caffeinated spinach water once it’s cold.

EDIT: finished my sample packet today. After all the oolongs I’ve been sampling lately, this sure tastes like grass in comparison. Tiny hints of nutty, floral and sweet. But I steeped it 2 minutes longer this time. I personally prefer the shorter steep, I think.

195 °F / 90 °C 3 min, 0 sec 4 g 8 OZ / 240 ML

fine white tea, but have to choose really good water to brew it

180 °F / 82 °C 0 min, 45 sec 3 g 2 OZ / 70 ML

This was my first white tea and I definitely enjoyed it. It has a delicate flavor and goes down very smoothly.

Flavors: Floral

This was a surprise in a package from Queen of Tarts, and a good one. It is smooth and gentle without being wishy-washy. There’s a clear, sweet honeysuckle note that surprised me, as if it were a jasmine white but softer and sweeter. It all comes together well and is peace-inducing.

Very enjoyable warm, though it is best when using the full 2tsp of tea per cup. It is no waste, because I was able to brew the same leaves 4 times! It is very mild tasting, but not special in my opinion.

Not bad a tea for its price…

It’s fucking delicious.

Definitely buttery with a slightly sweet aftertaste.
A good white tea but not the best I’ve had. I like my white tea varieties on the sweet side and there isn’t much here.