Silver Needle

Floral
Edit tea info Last updated by MacchaMan

From Adagio Teas

Description

White tea from China. Silver Needle is among the most revered of Chinese teas, produced in the Fuding and Zhenhe districts of its Fujian province. Gathered only in the few days of early spring, the preparation of this tea is governed by strict requirements to ensure a premium product. This dedication to perfection is evident in the cup, which is sweet and delicate with a clean, airy fragrance. Our ‘Sublime Needle’ is a Special Grade (Bai Hao) version of this exquisite tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

When i first tried it I thought it would have more taste to it, so the next time I tried leaving it in a bit longer and I was rewarded. It’s very grassy and feels fresh.

This tea is incredibly light. To me it was flavorful enough- I definitely could taste a leafy, vegetal flavor with some distinctly floral notes. Still, this is definitely the most delicate white tea I’ve tasted, and I understand that is part of its charm.

This one will need some repeated tastings before I decide whether I enjoy its lightness, or prefer a more full-flavored tea.

I had this Silver Needle a few times, and it’s not bad. I have a local tea bar that sells it cheaper, and it’s better, however. Still worth the price if you don’t have anywhere local to get good tea.

Golden liquor. Grassy. Sweet. Retains flavor at room temperature.

I love everything about this tea. The silver fuzz on the leaves, the sweet smell of dew-laden grass in the morning, and the golden yellow liquor. The flavor is subtle, delicate, but complex. It reminds me of burnt sugar with a slight vegital taste. I try to only drink this when I have time to just sit and enjoy the complexities of the tea while enjoying the moment. I also find that silver needle is good for at least three steeps, which makes the price tag not seem as bad. Highly recommended.

I skipped the sample tin and went straight to the 8oz for the Silver Needle. A mistake on my part. I have tried again and again to enjoy this tea but can’t seem to get past the artichoke-like aroma. Just not for me, I suppose.

180 °F / 82 °C

There is a slight hint of sweetness at the beginning that is supported by a piney grass which doesn’t show until the end.

It is not a bad tea for late night relaxation after your palate has had a break from dinner and dessert.

You have to work too hard for this tea.

delicious. calm, subdued, and complex simultaneously. has a blonde liquor, and a buttery texture. goes down real smooth. the smell is pure and projects into the flavor without any nasty aftertastes. despite all of the descriptors one can attribute to this particular tea, it remains a light tasting brew—-so not always the perfect cup, but as far as light goes, you’ll be pressed to top it!

I was really looking forward to trying this tea. First infusion—time and temperature as recommended by Adagio. Flavor very vegetal, but not particularly pleasant. I am definitely not picking up the sweetness others have noted. I’ve varied the amount of tea, time and temperature as others have noted on the boards—still not a strong contender. A disappointment.

infusions 4, 5, 6 steeped at 10, 11, and 12 mins respectively. AMAZING! These leaves are finally as exhausted as I am. I can go to bed now.

180 °F / 82 °C 8 min or more