Silver Needle

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by MacchaMan

• “Dear Silver Needle: Thank you for keeping me company on my commute this morning. I very much appreciated that you were not planty or heavy, like your colleague, White Symphony. Thank you for...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 933 tasting notes
  • “So, I didn't get to *taste* this infusion, but this tea absolutely saved me today. I crushed my finger in the automatic car window today and broke the bone. Serious serious pain. Also, gross...” Read full tasting note
    BlueKittyMeow 124 tasting notes
  • “Soooo. I forgot about this one while I was steeping it. Like I acknowledged the timer, and flipped it off, and then somehow I let the tea keep steeping. So it went about 5-6 minutes. Luckily,...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 598 tasting notes
  • “I've tried this before in a sample pack I had back when I first started drinking whole leaf tea. I didn't write a note, though. It might actually have been before I joined Steepster. Anyway, Silver...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 682 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Description

White tea from China. Silver Needle is among the most revered of Chinese teas, produced in the Fuding and Zhenhe districts of its Fujian province. Gathered only in the few days of early spring, the preparation of this tea is governed by strict requirements to ensure a premium product. This dedication to perfection is evident in the cup, which is sweet and delicate with a clean, airy fragrance. Our ‘Sublime Needle’ is a Special Grade (Bai Hao) version of this exquisite tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

I love everything about this tea. The silver fuzz on the leaves, the sweet smell of dew-laden grass in the morning, and the golden yellow liquor. The flavor is subtle, delicate, but complex. It reminds me of burnt sugar with a slight vegital taste. I try to only drink this when I have time to just sit and enjoy the complexities of the tea while enjoying the moment. I also find that silver needle is good for at least three steeps, which makes the price tag not seem as bad. Highly recommended.

I skipped the sample tin and went straight to the 8oz for the Silver Needle. A mistake on my part. I have tried again and again to enjoy this tea but can’t seem to get past the artichoke-like aroma. Just not for me, I suppose.

180 °F / 82 °C

There is a slight hint of sweetness at the beginning that is supported by a piney grass which doesn’t show until the end.

It is not a bad tea for late night relaxation after your palate has had a break from dinner and dessert.

You have to work too hard for this tea.

delicious. calm, subdued, and complex simultaneously. has a blonde liquor, and a buttery texture. goes down real smooth. the smell is pure and projects into the flavor without any nasty aftertastes. despite all of the descriptors one can attribute to this particular tea, it remains a light tasting brew—-so not always the perfect cup, but as far as light goes, you’ll be pressed to top it!

I was really looking forward to trying this tea. First infusion—time and temperature as recommended by Adagio. Flavor very vegetal, but not particularly pleasant. I am definitely not picking up the sweetness others have noted. I’ve varied the amount of tea, time and temperature as others have noted on the boards—still not a strong contender. A disappointment.

infusions 4, 5, 6 steeped at 10, 11, and 12 mins respectively. AMAZING! These leaves are finally as exhausted as I am. I can go to bed now.

180 °F / 82 °C 8 min or more

E’ sicuramente il tè più delicato che ho bevuto. Ha una nota piacevolmente acida e un gusto fresco erbaceo.

My very favorite by far. I highly recommend steeping for 7-8 min at only 160 degrees as apposed to higher temps. Also good 2 to 3 steeps but I increase the steeping time by 4 min each additional steep.

Figured this would be a good starter tea – I was right. Perfect way to start my morning today.