Silver Needle

White Tea
Floral
Edit tea info Last updated by MacchaMan

• “Dear Silver Needle: Thank you for keeping me company on my commute this morning. I very much appreciated that you were not planty or heavy, like your colleague, White Symphony. Thank you for...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “So, I didn't get to *taste* this infusion, but this tea absolutely saved me today. I crushed my finger in the automatic car window today and broke the bone. Serious serious pain. Also, gross...” Read full tasting note
    BlueKittyMeow 124 tasting notes
  • “Soooo. I forgot about this one while I was steeping it. Like I acknowledged the timer, and flipped it off, and then somehow I let the tea keep steeping. So it went about 5-6 minutes. Luckily,...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes
  • “I've tried this before in a sample pack I had back when I first started drinking whole leaf tea. I didn't write a note, though. It might actually have been before I joined Steepster. Anyway, Silver...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1042 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Description

White tea from China. Silver Needle is among the most revered of Chinese teas, produced in the Fuding and Zhenhe districts of its Fujian province. Gathered only in the few days of early spring, the preparation of this tea is governed by strict requirements to ensure a premium product. This dedication to perfection is evident in the cup, which is sweet and delicate with a clean, airy fragrance. Our ‘Sublime Needle’ is a Special Grade (Bai Hao) version of this exquisite tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

My very favorite by far. I highly recommend steeping for 7-8 min at only 160 degrees as apposed to higher temps. Also good 2 to 3 steeps but I increase the steeping time by 4 min each additional steep.

Figured this would be a good starter tea – I was right. Perfect way to start my morning today.

This was the last tea I remember having. A friend introduced it to me and it’s awesome. It’s quite delicate. If you’re eating something with this, it had better be light as well.

Divinity in a cup. A light, yet deceptively complex tea. Floral, without tasting like flowers and vegetal without being like chewing on a shrub. Naturally sweet undertones. My favorite tea.

Very subtle. Tried making it once with unfiltered water at work and all I could taste was the water. Tried it again at home with the Pur filter and it was quite delicious.

Made iced tea with this last night. Very light and refreshing with the slightest of floral hints, as you’d expect.

Simply one of the best white teas i have ever had
although it is somewhat pricey

Nice light tea. Probably will steep with more leaves next time, first batch may have been a little on the weak side.

Perfect after a somewhat heavy sushi lunch.