Bilbo's Pantry / Halfling's Hoard

Edit tea info Last updated by Shadowfall

2 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Sipdown of this tea, though I've never gotten around to putting a tasting note up before. I'm pretty horrible at remembering reviews, or even logging my tea lately. Mildly spicy, but strongly...” Read full tasting note
    Shadowfall 212 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

There’s nothing a halfling takes more pride in than a well-stocked pantry (except, perhaps, their well-tilled earth), and this blend is a bit of everything worth sneaking a bite of!

Created by: Aun-Juli Riddle
Teas: Gingerbread, Hazelnut, Forest Berries
accented with apple pieces

Can be found under the ‘Tales and Tea Leaves’ Fandom/Signature Blends heading.

About Adagio Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

Sipdown of this tea, though I’ve never gotten around to putting a tasting note up before. I’m pretty horrible at remembering reviews, or even logging my tea lately.
Mildly spicy, but strongly nutty/hazelnut scented brew. Tastes just about the same. Turned out a bit weaker than I usually make it since I used my usual 12oz of water, but only had a tsp and a half ish of tea. I like using at least two tsp for 12oz but poured the water without thinking, so hence, weaker. But still good. Spicy-esque without a chai sort of spice taste. And there’s enough hazelnut that it’s nicely nutty. I don’t get the berries/fruity taste that I was hoping for because it’s rather overpowered by everything else. Even adding some Truvia doesn’t bring anything else up.
Also I need to remember to use a 2:30 min steep time since it became slightly bitter with the 3min, and I’m getting some astringency poking around as it cools. But nothing I can’t drink through. ^^
Possible reorder for this one day since it’d be nice to have occasionally. But nothing more than that for me.