Green Dragon Pearls

Green Tea
Plants
Edit tea info Last updated by tperez

• “-I've been listening to One Direction nonstop the past three days oh my gosh what is wrong with me- ANYWAYS, THIS TEA IS GOOD. I freakin love how each pearl is already measured at 3g so it's so...” Read full tasting note
    jump62359 405 tasting notes
  • “My brother and his wife (recent tea converts) sent me an Adagio gift card for my birthday! Its nice not being the only teahead in the family, even if they're living half way across the country...” Read full tasting note
    tperez 97 tasting notes
  • “I found this tea to be rather plain. It tastes like very typical green tea to me, though errs on the side of seaweed-y rather than nutty or anything. It holds up to 3-4 steeps pretty well. But...” Read full tasting note
    Zimaleah501 172 tasting notes
  • “The first infusion of this tea in a mug infuser yields a basic light and sweet green tea. The tea pearl is still partially intact but is more unraveled than not at this point. I tried a second...” Read full tasting note
    JohnGrebe 215 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Softly sweet with nut-like notes, this China green large pearl takes its time to fully unfurl. Great as a travel or outdoor brewing tea with no need to premeasure. These pearls weigh an average of 4 to 5 grams- enough for two cups or a small teapot.

Fuijan region

About Adagio Teas View company

I’ve been listening to One Direction nonstop the past three days oh my gosh what is wrong with me

ANYWAYS, THIS TEA IS GOOD.
I freakin love how each pearl is already measured at 3g so it’s so easy to brew.
I only have one pearl left so this tea has gone into my sipdown pile!
I’m gunna do a thing today. After I finish my tea, I’m going to collect the leaves into a bowl and actually SEE how many leaves I go through every day. My roommate actually told me she was going to buy me a tiny bucket so I can put all my leaves in it ahha.

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 30 sec 3 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

My brother and his wife (recent tea converts) sent me an Adagio gift card for my birthday! Its nice not being the only teahead in the family, even if they’re living half way across the country :)

Mild, fairly sweet green tea with peach and sugarcane flavors, and a very tiny bit of smokiniess. It smells and tastes pretty fresh, I’d guess either this spring or last autumn. The pearls are really big, about the size of a nickel. I think “Green Dragon Balls” would be a much more suiting name :P

I think these are a pretty new offering from Adagio, since I had to add the tea to the database. Couldn’t seem to copy the picture off the Adagio page to put in the description, though.

Terri HarpLady

When copying pics from a website, I always copy them to my desktop first, & then from there to Steepster. That’s the only way I’ve been able to do it. This sounds kind of interesting!

tperez

Thanks, for some reason I wasn’t able to copy the picture from the site. I just googled a picture of them and was able to copy it from there though

there you go!

Terri HarpLady

BTW, any new tea shops open in the Orlando area? I’m coming down to visit my folks in Apopka next month.

tperez

No new tea spots that that I know of :(

There’s Dandelion in downtown, Infusion a bit east, and Dong A Asian market/imports in downtown has a decent selection.

I found this tea to be rather plain. It tastes like very typical green tea to me, though errs on the side of seaweed-y rather than nutty or anything. It holds up to 3-4 steeps pretty well. But compared to many others, it seems to lack some complexity to me.

The first infusion of this tea in a mug infuser yields a basic light and sweet green tea. The tea pearl is still partially intact but is more unraveled than not at this point. I tried a second infusion with the same conditions as the previous one and like most green tea it was really bad so I dumped it after a few sips.

It’s hard to describe the flavor, but I can talk about it in relative terms. This green tea would not be unwelcome to someone who previously enjoyed only black tea. Doesn’t taste vegetal or nutty to me. The dry leaf pearls smell like cocoa, but this is absent from the wet leaves and liquor. It’s tasty, although I cannot articulate its flavor, and there is nothing objectionable about its flavor.