Konami Code Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Shelley_Lorraine

• “This is such a silly tea. I won't even try to take it seriously! I guess at one point if you entered the Konami Code on the Marvel site, you'd see a deadpool version of a squirrel:...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1393 tasting notes
  • “I feel like I should be accumulating extra lives and lots of money. But alas, I feel the same and I'm still poor. I must consider the irony of drinking the quintessential life-elixer beverage of...” Read full tasting note
    Flightysprite 456 tasting notes
  • “Hello rejection letters, my old friends! GRUMPTIES. I can't afford to be unemployed no more, and so onward I go, filling out more forms. What an exciting day it is. SIGH. Also, this tea is so...” Read full tasting note
    whatthefoucault 100 tasting notes
  • “This tea isn't bad but it's not great. If I'm craving something REALLY sweet I'll grab this. Something about the chocolate flavoring is a little too fake for my liking but for $3 a tin it does the...” Read full tasting note
    wuzFuz 19 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

created by: Nicholas Gallegos
The free tea you get with the konami code.

ingredients
blended with black tea, cocoa nibs, natural chocolate flavor, natural vanilla flavor,
teas: chocolate, vanilla
accented with sprinkles

About Adagio Teas View company

This is such a silly tea. I won’t even try to take it seriously!

I guess at one point if you entered the Konami Code on the Marvel site, you’d see a deadpool version of a squirrel: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0a/Marvel_konami_code.jpg Thanks Wikipedia!

Thank you Shadowfall for the sample of this! I am enjoying the chocolate and vanilla flavours in this, although I wouldn’t go out of my way to get more!

Stephanie

Hahaha, Konami code :)

I feel like I should be accumulating extra lives and lots of money. But alas, I feel the same and I’m still poor. I must consider the irony of drinking the quintessential life-elixer beverage of tea while noticing the reflective “film of sprinkle” coating.

As a reminder for anyone who hasn’t kept up with my fascinating tealog, chocolate teas and I have a rough history. I love chocolate and I love the smell of most chocolate teas in dry form, but brew them up and VOILA, instant cheap health-bar flavored chocolate.

Now, enter the power of marketing and it’s not so bad! I mean come on, its the Konami Code tea and I got it. For free. Because I am so awesome!

Really though, as far as chocolate teas go, it’s not so bad (or maybe I’m developing a tolerance for the mutated tea-chocolate flavor). The vanilla doesn’t come through so strong, the base seems a bit fruity, and the chocolate adds a touch of bittersweet.

I finished the cup, so that’s saying something.

Hello rejection letters, my old friends! GRUMPTIES. I can’t afford to be unemployed no more, and so onward I go, filling out more forms. What an exciting day it is. SIGH.

Also, this tea is so very, very silly, and I needed something silly today. I find it really sweet to drink straight, so I cut this with about half Irish breakfast and it’s just the right amount of silly. With sprinkles.

Speaking of silly, I suppose I ought to file my tax return, as that refund would go nicely toward, well, not being evicted this month.

K S

Nothing like incentive to get us moving! Good luck in securing a job and not getting evicted.

Sami Kelsh

Thanks! I tend to oscillate between super-motivated and too dejected to do anything but nap. Today is a motivation day. FINGERS CROSSED!!!! :)

TeaBrat

and just think of the tea you can buy when you’re gainfully employed… :)

Sami Kelsh

OH MAN. My list of future employment teas is, well, frankly pretty exhaustive. Though I suspect Gentleman may protest if I don’t leave any room in the kitchen for food!

This tea isn’t bad but it’s not great. If I’m craving something REALLY sweet I’ll grab this. Something about the chocolate flavoring is a little too fake for my liking but for $3 a tin it does the job. It’s also better than most chocolate flavored teas I’ve had. The taste can best be described as “Chocolate birthday cake tea”. Be mindful of the temperature and steep time as it gets weird if you brew too hot or too long.