Pu Erh Spice

Pu-erh Tea
Citrus, Spices, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by daisypies

From Adagio Teas

Pleasantly perky spices add warmth and sweetness to the mellow mineral notes of Pu Erh. Sweet cinnamon and anise with tingly ginger liven up the palate while soothing the soul. A great companion for a chilly day.

Steep at 212° for 5 minutes.

About Adagio Teas View company

Just got this today. It tastes pretty good. Mostly like spice and citrus.

Knowing that despite puerh being good for multiple infusions that flavored teas are not I brewed it with a teaspoon in a mug infuser instead of my standard gaiwan. This one was quite interesting and is more of an orange spice tea than a chai in my opinion. Personally if I did not know it was puerh I would have assumed that it was a light black tea base. Overall decent and this is coming from somebody that is not overly fond of flavored teas.

Definitely one of my favorites now; quite yummy, I love the spice blend. The orange peels give it a hint of sweetness without overpowering the anise and ginger. Love it for cold winter mornings. Brew for 5 minutes, any more will leave that bitter/dirt taste. I have a cup after most meals. If you like chai, you’ll like this.

Thank you to Kat_Maria for sending this tea my way in our swap! I’ve been hesitant to try this one out because the one time I had puerh before, I did not like it. At all. But I figured that this is a flavored puerh, so I might as well give it a chance. While it was steeping, I could immediately smell those spices. It reminds me of an autumn candle scent (I’ve been sniffing a lot of candles lately), which was nice. It’s warm and cozy without that damp forest smell that I had from straight puerh. I think that the tea tastes like I would expect one of those fall candles to taste. A bit of cinnamon, ginger, and probably other things I can’t identify with the earthy undertones that I know are coming from the puerh. It’s nicer than I expected, but still a little perfume-y for my personal taste. I’m glad that I finally tried this one out, and I think I’ll let it rest for a bit and reach for it again in the winter (fall in California doesn’t get quite cold enough to put me in the mood for these types of teas).

I received a sample of this in my Adagio box yesterday. I’m enjoying it for breakfast with a little steamed milk. I think it needs more than one teaspoon in 8 oz for the best flavor, especially when adding milk. I’m loving the woody puerh flavor next to the nutmeg/cinnamon. My second cup is steeping now….
Second cup: wow!…. It has chai taste, but the subsequent steeping is more puerh and flavorful… I think because the spice has worn off… Yum! This is fun

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Had a nice cuppa this morning. Very nice. More flavor than the sample I had before. I think because it had more parts that the sample only had a bit or two of.

Anyway, I’m loving this. Absolutely loving. :) A little simple syrup and it’s magic.

Resteeped even sweeter. Tho I gave my second cup to my sister after a taste because she’d just woken up and looked like she needed a cuppa.

I just got my Adagio order. I can’t wait to try Lansang Souchong. It smells so incredible.

Flavors: Spices, Sweet

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Saradiann

I just tried a sample of this, and I appreciate your note on resteeping. I’m glad I haven’t thrown out the leaves from the cup I’m drinking now.

Arshness

I’m glad! Pu Erhs really must be resteeped. :)

This is delicious with a bit of sweetener and milk like a traditional chai!!

For the past few days I have been feeling like a Cinderella (CinTEArella :P) because everyone is adding these awesome tasting notes of all the wonderful teas they have been drinking and I am stuck with my cold and post-cold taste buds that only detect a mildly flavored water whatever it is I drink.

It’s a truly horrid feeling. And yes, I know there are worse things that happen in life!

My nose is not runny anymore so here’s some hoping that I will start tasting tea just fine very soon.

And this one I’m drinking? Spicy and earthy, perfect for after-dinner. Apart from ginger, I detect some orange – I’m fairly sure there were dry pieces of it among the loose leaf. The pu erh itself is pretty run-of-the-mill but decent. Perhaps could catch more of its features on a better tastebuddy day.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I got the sampler free as part of a promo. I have never had Pu Erh apart from this sampler so I don’t have a comparison to make. I enjoy the base flavor. The cinnamon is a bit strong for my taste and takes over the flavor of the tea. Its not terrible and I will finish the sample but won’t order again.

Purchased as part of a sampler from Adagio. I didn’t read close enough as I am not the biggest fan of flavored teas, but this was pretty enjoyable. The first steeping it puts out doesn’t taste like dirt, like so many pu-erhs do, so that was a bit of a surprise. The first steeping is colored like a weak coffee as well. The citrus notes in it are the most obvious.

Not a bad pick. I’d order it again.