Pu Erh Spice

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by daisypies

From Adagio Teas

Pleasantly perky spices add warmth and sweetness to the mellow mineral notes of Pu Erh. Sweet cinnamon and anise with tingly ginger liven up the palate while soothing the soul. A great companion for a chilly day.

Steep at 212° for 5 minutes.

About Adagio Teas View company

Just got this today. It tastes pretty good. Mostly like spice and citrus.

Knowing that despite puerh being good for multiple infusions that flavored teas are not I brewed it with a teaspoon in a mug infuser instead of my standard gaiwan. This one was quite interesting and is more of an orange spice tea than a chai in my opinion. Personally if I did not know it was puerh I would have assumed that it was a light black tea base. Overall decent and this is coming from somebody that is not overly fond of flavored teas.

Definitely one of my favorites now; quite yummy, I love the spice blend. The orange peels give it a hint of sweetness without overpowering the anise and ginger. Love it for cold winter mornings. Brew for 5 minutes, any more will leave that bitter/dirt taste. I have a cup after most meals. If you like chai, you’ll like this.

This is delicious with a bit of sweetener and milk like a traditional chai!!

For the past few days I have been feeling like a Cinderella (CinTEArella :P) because everyone is adding these awesome tasting notes of all the wonderful teas they have been drinking and I am stuck with my cold and post-cold taste buds that only detect a mildly flavored water whatever it is I drink.

It’s a truly horrid feeling. And yes, I know there are worse things that happen in life!

My nose is not runny anymore so here’s some hoping that I will start tasting tea just fine very soon.

And this one I’m drinking? Spicy and earthy, perfect for after-dinner. Apart from ginger, I detect some orange – I’m fairly sure there were dry pieces of it among the loose leaf. The pu erh itself is pretty run-of-the-mill but decent. Perhaps could catch more of its features on a better tastebuddy day.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I got the sampler free as part of a promo. I have never had Pu Erh apart from this sampler so I don’t have a comparison to make. I enjoy the base flavor. The cinnamon is a bit strong for my taste and takes over the flavor of the tea. Its not terrible and I will finish the sample but won’t order again.

Purchased as part of a sampler from Adagio. I didn’t read close enough as I am not the biggest fan of flavored teas, but this was pretty enjoyable. The first steeping it puts out doesn’t taste like dirt, like so many pu-erhs do, so that was a bit of a surprise. The first steeping is colored like a weak coffee as well. The citrus notes in it are the most obvious.

Not a bad pick. I’d order it again.