Pu Erh Hazelberry

Natural Creme Flavor, Natural Strawberry Flavor, Pu Erh Tea, Strawberry
Hazelnut, Strawberry, Dirt, Chocolate, Cream, Tea, Berry, Creamy, Nutty, Earth
Edit tea info Last updated by Caitlyn1701

From Adagio Teas

The earthy smoothness of Pu Erh creates a warm foundation for the rich flavor of hazelnut while playful, tangy-sweet strawberries peek through the nutty opulence. A hint of cream adds a soft, dreamy note to the blend.

Steep at 212° for 5 minutes.

About Adagio Teas View company

so apparently i don’t hate adagio’s puerh base. I don’t love it either but it’s not bad. I don’t get much in the way of strawberry or hazelnut in this one, but i DO get a nice earthy, creamy sort of puerh drink that has been enjoyable to sip on. Thanks so much for sharing these with me Kallieboo! i really do appreciate the chance to try new things that aren’t as readily available to us here in canada :)

OMGsrsly

Hmm. Maybe I should send you some of Steam’s version of this.

My boss brought some of this tea in a thermos and suggested I try it. I had a travel mug of Yu Lu Yan Cha, so – oh DARN! Poor me! – I had to drink through that to have something to pour this in.

I had never tried a flavored pu erh before, and honestly, I had a hard time imagining any other flavoring combining well with pu erh flavoring.

This is quite a nice tea! I don’t have a whole lot to say about it, since I was at work and didn’t take notes. It’s fruity and nutty at the same time, but in a way that’s warm and comforting. This isn’t one I’d buy for myself, thanks to my general not-craziness about fruit tea, but it’s certainly one I’d recommend. I’d drink it again.

I have spent the day sipping tea and sorting Perler beads in front of an open window. It was a beautiful day, warm and sunny, kinda hard to believe it is going to be frigid in a few days. Recently I discovered that Pu Erh no longer gives me migraines (still not sure why it did in the first place, but whatever) and conveniently The lovely Snooty Tea Person was having a Boo Erh giveaway, which luck would have it, I won. So that means I have some new delicious Pu Erh teas to taste, and here is the first one! Perhaps I will make this ‘reacquainting myself with Pu Erh’ week.

Pu Erh Hazelberry by Adagio Teas is a blend of Pu Erh Tea, Strawberries, Cocoa Nibs, and Natural Strawberry, Creme, and Hzelnut flavors. When I opened the pouch the first thing that popped into my mind is ‘this smells like Crunch Berries!’ and that was a delightful surprise, because I love that cereal. Once I started sniffing the loose leaf picked up notes of earthiness under the initial strawberry, along with a mellow creaminess. There are also notes of the beloved ‘market aroma’ I associate with Pu Erh, sweet hazelnut, and a hint of mineral. There is a lot going on with this tea’s aroma, it is an odd combination, but also very appealing.

While the tea is steeping I notice the aroma of strawberries and chocolate drifting around with the steam, so glad the breeze is carrying the aroma to my nose and not out the window. The mineral and earthy aroma is much milder than the leaves, as is the ‘market aroma’ but they are still present and have a more mellow tone. As I pull the steeped leaves away from my nose I notice a tart strawberry aroma mingling with the sweetness. The liquid is sweet and fruity with notes of earthiness and cream, it is very smooth. I cannot wait to taste it.

There is a lot going on with the flavors in this tea, not surprising when there is so much going on with the aroma. First is a blend of minerals, mildly metallic, earthy taste that is bright and ‘sparks’ in my mouth. It really does feel like little electric sparks going off in my mouth, and really that is not bad, it is a fun feeling and makes me wake up and pay attention. For a midtaste there are nuts of creaminess and hazelnut that mixes with sweet strawberry. There is no real tartness from the strawberry and its sweetness lingers for a pleasant aftertaste. The mouthfeel is sharp and very brisk, and it leaves the mouth feeling a bit dry. As it cools the Pu Erh taste becomes more pronounced and the flavors fade to the background. Oddly it still reminds me of Crunch Berries, which I like! This tea does a good job of blending the earthiness of Pu Erh with the sweetness of strawberries, I wish the chocolate and hazelnut were a bit stronger, but that is my only complaint. Stay tuned for more Pu Erh goodness!

For blog and photos: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2013/12/adagio-teas-pu-erh-hazelberry-tea-tea.html

The sipdown of this tea paired with the gobbledown of Raaka 60% cocoa vegan milk chocolate should be perfect companions to my wondering right now what the hell I should do with my life.

Another flavored puerh which is almost impossible to taste the puerh in it. This one by its own merit is good more of a darker forest berry tea and one that I might actually order again upon finishing the sample.

I have tried quite a lot of different pu erh teas but never a flavored one.
This one is pretty amazing. I regretted buying only a sample size as soon as I took the first sip. Rick, toasty hazelnut and berry undertones are in perfect balance. Other taste notes include brown sugar, cream and maple.

I received this in an iced tea sampler from Adagio. This might be a good occasional cup of hot tea, but as an iced tea, the hazelnut and strawberry flavors were overpowering and too sweet for me (I typically drink unsweetened iced black tea). I found myself diluting it with water and cutting the tea with Tazo iced black tea in order to finish the batch.

Flavors: Hazelnut, Strawberry

Despite the delicious sounding ingredients, still tasted like puerh.

Flavors: Dirt

170 °F / 76 °C 3 min, 30 sec 2 g 5 OZ / 150 ML

After my review of the straight pu’erh from Adagio (Summary: “Don’t.”) I thought I should post this to show that I don’t just hate pu’erh. :)

This is a flavorful, comforting tea with distinct notes of chocolate, hazelnut, and cream. I don’t get a lot of strawberry as such, but I suspect the berry flavor tempers the pu’erh considerably. It’s recognizeable as a pu’erh based tea as opposed to a more straightforward black tea, but the grass/dirt tones of pure pu’erh are blessedly absent. Probably wouldn’t be very good iced, but delightful warm with a blustery spring rain blowing outside.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cream, Hazelnut, Tea

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML

Added 1t of sugar. It’s a mellow darker tea with hints of fruity notes. Decent, not a favorite.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML