Pu Erh Hazelberry

Natural Creme Flavor, Natural Strawberry Flavor, Pu Erh Tea, Strawberry
Hazelnut, Strawberry, Berry, Creamy, Nutty, Cream, Earth
Edit tea info Last updated by Caitlyn1701

From Adagio Teas

The earthy smoothness of Pu Erh creates a warm foundation for the rich flavor of hazelnut while playful, tangy-sweet strawberries peek through the nutty opulence. A hint of cream adds a soft, dreamy note to the blend.

Steep at 212° for 5 minutes.

About Adagio Teas View company

LOVE THIS TEA ! Perfect balance of everything. I practically drink this every morning !!!!!!!

Flavors: Hazelnut, Strawberry

180 °F / 82 °C 4 min, 30 sec 0 OZ / 0 ML

Maybe I got a bad batch of this. But it is GROSS.

I like flavored Pu-Erhs, and I like all the components of this tea. My boyfriend, however, prefers fruity teas and prefers Pu-Erh bases to black bases. I bought this to serve to him. I probably won’t actually serve it to him, because it’s gross.

So, this tea is very earthy, and not in the way that I like my Pu-Erh to be earthy. This tea tastes like I accidentally ate dirt that was on my hands—like what happens when you are a kid. It also tastes like grass. I like earthy Pu-Erhs, but this is a kind of earthiness which is off putting. I’m shocked I don’t like this base, because I like Adagio’s Pu-Erh Dante quite a bit.

And then, it gets worse. It took me awhile to figure out what the sweet fruit taste that is on top of the weird tea base. It struck me with a great deal of force. It tastes like Crunch Berry cereal. Almost exactly.

So, there’s a weird, malty-sweet fake berry taste on top of a weird grassy cheap Pu-Erh. I wish I liked this more. I really wanted to. But…

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

So I won a contest on Adagio a while back and got the cold brew iced tea pack for this one. It’s pretty tasty cold but tastes nothing like the hot tea. The hot tea to me has more berry and hazelnut flavor over the cream. The cold brew has a more dominant cream flavor to it. It tastes like sweet cream with a touch of berry and an undernote of hazelnut. It’s still good and quite refreshing though :)

Iced

Very smooth and tastes great for the wintery season. Really nice to sip on a cold day.

The berry and hazelnut are very distinct here, which is nice! It sets the flavor apart from a typical fruity blend. There is a bit of a sweetness to it as well which worked nicely. I highly recommend this to people who like fruity teas, but this one happens to not rock my world a ton, even though it seems like it should.

One of my favorite teas I got in my pu-erh sampler that I got from Adagio Teas. It is a very rich and deep nutty flavor, and the smell reflects the actual taste very very well unlike some other teas. As I have said, the nutty hazelberry flavor is very rich but it is more of a dulled (the good kind) taste, it is not a sharp flavor whatsoever which makes this is a very laid back cup of tea.

There is no astringency to speak of even if you steep it for a long time, which makes this a very good evening tea and a cuddle from your cat as you watch your favorite show or draw – whatever you do in your free time.

Off topic, but this new steepster update is just fantastic by the way.

Not sure how I feel about this yet. It’s my first pu erh, so it may be me not being used to the flavor, but I’m not all that impressed.

It’s definitely earthy, and I taste the cream and hazelnut notes strongly, but the strawberry is just not there at all. Disappointing, because it smells nicely balanced in the bag. I’ll try this again, maybe steeping it differently, but for me there’s absolutely no fruit in this one.

I got the sample free as part of a promo. I had never had Pu Erh before and this was the first I tried out of the sampler. It is wonderful. Smells great, very warm and inviting. I will be getting more.