Pu Erh Hazelberry

Pu-erh Tea
Hazelnut, Strawberry
Edit tea info Last updated by daisypies

• “so apparently i don't hate adagio's puerh base. I don't love it either but it's not bad. I don't get much in the way of strawberry or hazelnut in this one, but i DO get a nice earthy, creamy sort...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4923 tasting notes
  • “My boss brought some of this tea in a thermos and suggested I try it. I had a travel mug of Yu Lu Yan Cha, so - oh DARN! Poor me! - I had to drink through that to have something to pour this in....” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 302 tasting notes
  • “I have spent the day sipping tea and sorting Perler beads in front of an open window. It was a beautiful day, warm and sunny, kinda hard to believe it is going to be frigid in a few days. Recently...” Read full tasting note
    SoggyEnderman 352 tasting notes
  • “The sipdown of this tea paired with the gobbledown of Raaka 60% cocoa vegan milk chocolate should be perfect companions to my wondering right now what the hell I should do with my life.” Read full tasting note
    poziomka 218 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

The earthy smoothness of Pu Erh creates a warm foundation for the rich flavor of hazelnut while playful, tangy-sweet strawberries peek through the nutty opulence. A hint of cream adds a soft, dreamy note to the blend.

Steep at 212° for 5 minutes.

About Adagio Teas View company

The berry and hazelnut are very distinct here, which is nice! It sets the flavor apart from a typical fruity blend. There is a bit of a sweetness to it as well which worked nicely. I highly recommend this to people who like fruity teas, but this one happens to not rock my world a ton, even though it seems like it should.

One of my favorite teas I got in my pu-erh sampler that I got from Adagio Teas. It is a very rich and deep nutty flavor, and the smell reflects the actual taste very very well unlike some other teas. As I have said, the nutty hazelberry flavor is very rich but it is more of a dulled (the good kind) taste, it is not a sharp flavor whatsoever which makes this is a very laid back cup of tea.

There is no astringency to speak of even if you steep it for a long time, which makes this a very good evening tea and a cuddle from your cat as you watch your favorite show or draw – whatever you do in your free time.

Off topic, but this new steepster update is just fantastic by the way.

Not sure how I feel about this yet. It’s my first pu erh, so it may be me not being used to the flavor, but I’m not all that impressed.

It’s definitely earthy, and I taste the cream and hazelnut notes strongly, but the strawberry is just not there at all. Disappointing, because it smells nicely balanced in the bag. I’ll try this again, maybe steeping it differently, but for me there’s absolutely no fruit in this one.

I got the sample free as part of a promo. I had never had Pu Erh before and this was the first I tried out of the sampler. It is wonderful. Smells great, very warm and inviting. I will be getting more.